Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardian of the Déise project - yes or no?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The Viking Triangle is full of non-nationals, the North Quays still hasn't happened. As for the Guardian of the South East - the whole country will be laughing if it gets built. Pie-in-the-sky nonsense with Brexit on the way.

My assessment on Waterford is based on reading articles like this:
    http://www.munster-express.ie/opinion/waterford-lags-national-recovery/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think they are called tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

vriesmays wrote: »
    The Viking Triangle is full of non-nationals, the North Quays still hasn't happened. As for the Guardian of the South East - the whole country will be laughing if it gets built. Pie-in-the-sky nonsense with Brexit on the way.

Where are you from?

Are you The Quiet Fella?

Why wont you answer the questions?

What happened to you in Waterford which has caused such bitterness?

Are you ok?

I mean we all tend to post drivel from time to time and i include myself in that but you are taking it to a whole new level and i am curious as to why?

I get some people make dislike Waterford, you seem to hate it and for love nor money i dont understand why...surely you can enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

That report speaks a lot of truth. Massive lack in government support for the South East, Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford, Tipperary and Carlow.

Hence why instead of sitting on our hands and waiting for somebody to do something, Waterford has been putting itself out there with projects such as the Greenway, Viking Triangle, redevelopment of City centre, increase in tourists numbers, receiving various titles such as Irelands cleanest city.

Continued support of wonderful events and locations such as Spraoi, Winterval, Mount Congreve, Crystal Valley Tech etc....

Soemtimes you need to focus on the positives instead of homing in on the negatives otherwise you'll have yourself in a ball of negativity and depression.

Every city, town and village in Ireland has problems, some bigger than others.

I would really encourage you to get involved in Waterford's local community and see for yourself the positives that exist.

There is no way you can say that Waterford is not in a better place now than it was 10, even 3 years ago.

I'll leave the Waterford debate here as this thread is about the Guardian of the Déise. If you wish to discuss Waterford further feel free to DM me or start a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

914 wrote: »
    Hence why instead of sitting on our hands and waiting for somebody to do something, Waterford has been putting itself out there with projects such as the Greenway, Viking Triangle, redevelopment of City centre, increase in tourists numbers, receiving various titles such as Irelands cleanest city.
    Is that right. How come less than 8% of foreign tourists coming here will visit Waterford. Not much of a success these projects are they. As for Ireland's cleanest city that's because it gets so few visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Isn’t re-regging a bannable offence?

As for Ireland's cleanest city that's because it gets so few visitors.

:D:D

What a ridiculous comment. Funny though.

Isn’t re-regging a bannable offence?

To be fair id say a huge portion of users on this site have re regged many times and there is nothing which can be done about it nor should there be. So what if a person comes back on. Their posting style usually gives them up fairly quickly anyway and his posting style appears to be very similar to the quiet fella so at least we know what to expect as we would if most of us done the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I have a feeling the quiet fella will make an appearance soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

914 wrote: »

That report speaks a lot of truth. Massive lack in government support for the South East, Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford, Tipperary and Carlow.

Continued support of wonderful events and locations such as Spraoi, Winterval, Mount Congreve, Crystal Valley Tech etc....

Soemtimes you need to focus on the positives instead of homing in on the negatives otherwise you'll have yourself in a ball of negativity and depression.

Every city, town and village in Ireland has problems, some bigger than others.

I would really encourage you to get involved in Waterford's local community and see for yourself the positives that exist.

There is no way you can say that Waterford is not in a better place now than it was 10, even 3 years ago.

I'll leave the Waterford debate here as this thread is about the Guardian of the Déise. If you wish to discuss Waterford further feel free to DM me or start a new thread.
    Which is why I think we need to look seriously at forming an independent Principality and be 100 percent in charge of our own destiny. ROI Inc has proved beyond doubt that they have no interest in our economic prosperity and only use us as human resources to be exploited for Dublin and Cork's own interests

Is that right. How come less than 8% of foreign tourists coming here will visit Waterford. Not much of a success these projects are they. As for Ireland's cleanest city that's because it gets so few visitors.

As I previously said, I would prefer to keep discussion to the topic in question "guardian of the deise" if you feel you wish to continue the discussion on Waterford either DM me or create a new thread as I won't be discussing your views on Waterford anymore in ths thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Guardian - fantastic idea but it needs to be bigger!

You either love the idea or hate it but you can't ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

It's a yes from me, thinking outside the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mart 23

Where would the funding for this project come from if it happens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When I think of funding all comes to my mind Is that ferrybank shopping centre. Imagine if something similar happend with this??. Half a giant sculpture ha

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When I think of funding all comes to my mind Is that ferrybank shopping centre. Imagine if something similar happend with this??. Half a giant sculpture ha

Funding wasn't an issue with Ferrybank Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

COLOSSUS-OF-RHODES-1.jpg

ahh come on people, cant you not imagine a big statue of Dan Shanahan standing over the river with a hurley in hand welcoming all the tourists coming down the river. go big or go home. the Collossus of the Deise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm failing to see the relevance what nationality a person is who is visiting the Viking Triangle, tourists are generally not from the area they are being a tourist in. As shocking as that may seem to you.

MOD:
    Now, lets get back on topic.
    Just a reminder that this thread is about Guardian of the Déise project and does not exist for anybody to just get in as much slating of Waterford that they can.

If anybody has concerns about the running of Waterford then start another thread and name it accordingly.

Cautious bump.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Cautious bump.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

About as much chance as Elvis making a 2020 comeback special.this is based on the whole north quays getting the green light,the old ard ri reopening and this was in a competition to win funding to get it started with support of the government of 22 million euro.
    At this stage with capital investment into waterford the north quays would be even lucky to get the go-ahead

Advertisement