Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Warning : Heavy Rain and Potential Thunderstorms Thurs 8 - Fri 9 Aug 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Jeebus, spreading like smallpox across lightningmaps now - maybe there's hope for Dublin after all

jinxed it now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

jprboy wrote: »
    4 lightning flashes in last 15 minutes few miles outside Nenagh in North Tipp.

All this following a major thunderstorm in the locality last Sunday which caused damage, most notable being the killing of 8 in-calf heifers sheltering under a tree near Moneygall.

Had only arrived back from Italy at 3.00 am that Sunday morning having experienced 3 impressive thunderstorms while there.

Thing is I hadn't witnessed any thunder/lightning here or anywhere else for years!
    Gaah, poor beasts :( - it's all fun and games until...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

Jeebus, spreading like smallpox across lightningmaps now - maybe there's hope for Dublin after all

Ah don't say you've jinxed it! I've the blinds open waiting for a lightening show here in West Dublin! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can see lightning to my s in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

All quiet here now in South County Limerick, unreal flashes of lighting between 12.00 am and 1.15 am but then suddenly all stopped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

SaraKJohn wrote: »
    Ah don't say you've jinxed it! I've the blinds open waiting for a lightening show here in West Dublin! 😂

Has to get through the Wicklow mountains intact first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Gone very quiet in Tramore. No rain or thunder the last 5 minutes 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

rain and thunder has died down here in Tramhor

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

Has to get through the Wicklow mountains intact first.

You don't sound too confident of that occurring Kermit? We had spectacular thunder and lightning last Tuesday... I was hoping for something similar tonight.. Bugger.....

SaraKJohn wrote: »
    You don't sound too confident of that occurring Kermit? We had spectacular thunder and lightning last Tuesday... I was hoping for something similar tonight.. Bugger.....

I would say likely we see something. Been burned a few times from this direction - not to say it will happen this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭jirafa

Moving nice and steady well inland ..Surely will reach Dublin within the next hour or so.

Distant flashes in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Starting to pick up here in Wexford now,more frequent flashes of lighting and heavier rain.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Distant flashes in Naas

Direction?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Seems to be moving away now with just distant Lightning and no rumbles of Thunder to be heard. Was great while it lasted though. Location Waterford City Suburbs

Lights flickering again in north Dub.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Latest run from AROME showing plenty of CAPE tomorrow, bit of a lottery where storms will show up.

anim_roq8.gif

anim_qpa4.gif

anim_bue3.gif

lSfv1uQ.gif

aromehd-25-27-0_mjw6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

pad199207 wrote: »
    Distant flashes in Naas

looked from my attic in dublin, didn't see anything lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Right
    Time I had a look proper
    Heavy rain on and off in Arklow

Direction?

South of me towards Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Seems to be moving North/North East in general from the above posts, totally gone here since 1.15 in South Co Limerick

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Right
    Time I had a look proper
    Heavy rain on and off in Arklow

Looks quite active to your south. You may just be able to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

Three blackouts in waterford regional hospital, generator kicked in. Lightening is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Rainfalls so far have exceeded 30 mm at several locations in the south, peak gusts into the 60-70 km/hr range.

Seeing lightning now in Arklow
    Lashing

Flash right across the southern sky there in Naas

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Seeing lightning now in Arklow
    Lashing

Sferic picked up just to your east.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Thunder and lightning in North Kilkenny.

Strong lightning
    Downpour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Flashing here between tinahely and gorey for the last half an hour. Flashes getting heavier now. No thunder yet though.

Advertisement