Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Warning : Heavy Rain and Potential Thunderstorms Thurs 8 - Fri 9 Aug 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Impressive rainfall total overnight for here, 38mm since midnight with a maximum rainfall rate of 69.8 at 03:02
    Been a dry summer again, delighted for my garden!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Almost 1,500 homes without power here in Co. Cork this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭arctictree

60mm of rain last night here in Roundwood! Was badly needed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I slept soundly in North Dublin. Did I miss anything?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

arctictree wrote: »
    60mm of rain last night here in Roundwood! Was badly needed anyway.

Wow! Nice top up for the reservoir!

Only 33.4mm in Dublin 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

More torrential downpours in West cork with strong gusts! Just got woken up by it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Bloody Velux windows in the bedroom, didn't sleep a wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You need a velux blind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

vicwatson wrote: »
    You need a velux blind

Have them, it's the noise of the rain pounding them all night long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Thunder and rain woke me 0430am.
    Was not expecting to see sunshine this morning. Meath. Delighted, for a road trip today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Not as nasty as I thought, but things did cone to fruition. I was woken a bit after three by a faint rumble in Clondalkin, soon followed by another. I had started to go back asleep a little while later, and saw a flash, followed by a loud rumble. That was it. Unless I missed more in that area of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

No sunshine here anyway, weather app says it's gonna be raining all day and driving up to cork city today where it says the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

The radar that's broken so annoying. A band of something appearing from the south. Maybe the app is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Lashing in Wexford coastal area and still windy but at least the rocking has stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

khalessi wrote: »
    Lashing in Wexford coastal area and still windy but at least the rocking has stopped

Wexford has 275 kilometers of coast, can you be more specific?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wexford has 275 kilometers of coast, can you be more specific?;)

Arra shure go on then Kilmuckridge

I slept with the windows open and didn’t hear a thing... had the fan on. Navan.

Must have been tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

ECM is prediciting a ferocious amount of rain for the central belt, from Galway to Dublin tomorrow. 30mm + predicted for the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭arctictree

Love to fall asleep to that sound! There are some great 'rain on window' 10 hour movies on youtube to fall asleep to!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I slept with the windows open and didn’t hear a thing... had the fan on. Navan.

Must have been tired!

Im not to far from navan, heard the rain around 4, seemed heavy enough but heard no thunder or seen no lightning, sunny and dry now, but doubt it'll last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Still raining in North Kerry. Had a fence down this morning :(

I blame meteorite for predicting this storm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Goddam it - I drop off to sleep eventually, and then all hell breaks loose, and I miss everything*! :mad: Although I'm nearer the coast of S Dublin, I would have thought that would have wakened me!

*Allegedly...could be a mass conspiracy to feed my FOMO :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Weather warning removed now and wording in the forecast back to thundery downpours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It was a nice sunny morning here in Glasnevin. It's 16.9C now and overcast.
    I was awake at 3am to the sound of very heavy rain, the sort of sound that you'd normally only hear for a couple of minutes in a heavy shower, but it went on for way longer than that. There were some rumbles of thunder and a single flash of lightning. All observed from bed. I was expecting to get up this morning to a lot of flooding but it turned out to be a nice, warm, sunny morning with a damp ground. There has been 17.8mm of rain recorded here since midnight to now. There has been rain recorded every hour since midnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

17.3mm yesterday and 16.5mm so far today. 33.8mm for the event. It was an eventful few hours last night. Plenty of Lightning and Thunder. Lightning was more of the Sheet variety lighting up the entire sky.
    This morning we have Heavy squally showers.

https://www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Lots of talk about wind today and tomorrow but no warnings no? How strong are they likely to get around the Wicklow area? I'm concerned about a few trees in my garden along the road, have a guy lined up to thin them all out in a couple of weeks but with strong winds and trees in full leaf they might come down before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Weather warning removed now and wording in the forecast back to thundery downpours.

Weather warning was never to go past 7am.

Torrential shower in Limerick City

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patchy cloud in Tramore right now. Thumped down from m 7pm yesterday evening and then a lightning show from around 12.30 am until at least after 3 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

My gizabo in Wicklow broke from all the heavy rain...

It wasn’t even a week old...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

There just doesn't seem to be any relent from the constant high humidity this summer. Today it is as bad as ever despite that active frontal passage last night. :(

New Moon

Advertisement