Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone charge

Options
  • 06-08-2019 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Last month i transferred a sum of money from my current account to my N26 card. The bank, BOI transferred the amount twice, though only one transaction actually happened, so I was left with less in my account than had actually gone through as it appeared as two identical transactions.

I telephoned to query this, two calls totalling approx 7 minutes, and have found out that the calls to you has cost me over 10 euro!! Totally unacceptable. Can this be explained please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

sugarman wrote: »
    Explain what? You presumably called an 0818 / 1890 number from a mobile, they can cost up to 35c per minute pending your provider / plan. Maybe take it up with them and change.

Yep it was, thanks I wasn't aware.in fairness the other 01 number wasn't being answered so that's why. I'll know better next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

dragona wrote: »
    Last month i transferred a sum of money from my current account to my N26 card. The bank, BOI transferred the amount twice, though only one transaction actually happened, so I was left with less in my account than had actually gone through as it appeared as two identical transactions.

I telephoned to query this, two calls totalling approx 7 minutes, and have found out that the calls to you has cost me over 10 euro!!  Totally unacceptable. Can this be explained please.

Hi dragona,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Please be advised that call costs to Bank of Ireland are determined by your mobile provider and the plan you are on with them. For the charges applied we would recommend that you contact your mobile provider directly. Please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement