Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making a claim

Options
  • 07-08-2019 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi,

I am making an insurance claim for the theft of my bike, but they are requesting copies of my log book. Sadly, the log book was stolen with the bike. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Hi,

I am making an insurance claim for the theft of my bike, but they are requesting copies of my log book. Sadly, the log book was stolen with the bike. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

You can apply for a new one from Shannon. How on earth did they get the log book ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Had you kept the log book with the bike or was it while somebody was buying it from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Report the logbook as stolen to both the Gardai if you haven't already done so and Shannon, if they realise they have the logbook they might try and sell it to an unsuspecting seller. Also you can get a duplicate logbook by filling out form RF134 which i have attached for you and you will need to get it stamped by the Gardai. Also ensure you get an incident number for the Garda Pulse System, it is a unique record number of your report for the theft.

In future don't ever, ever carry the logbook/Vehicle Licensing Certificate on your person or in your vehicle, even if you have it with you for any potential sale do not hand it over to the new owner, get them to sign it and send it off yourself by registered post.

https://www.corkcoco.ie/sites/default/files/2019-06/RF134%20-%20APLLICATION%20FOR%20REPLACEMENT%20DOCUMENT.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jesus H Christ..have u no luck at all mate...Fridge on the blink..ATM issues...now this.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Thanks guys! Lesson learned. Appreciate it.

Don't remember my fridge problem, but it sounds about right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Thanks guys! Lesson learned. Appreciate it.

Don't remember my fridge problem, but it sounds about right :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107525823....;)

Good luck with the claim...funny thing.i know a lad with a scooter who carries the logbook under the seat....:confused:

Advertisement