Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sorry to hear that.

Could be they are actually tightening up on the GFA entries now and you are just the first to get caught out from these parts.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

What did you use? with data protection they cant just ring up the bill company.

Perhaps the shop you got the photo needs to improve?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

And I'm out!;). address verification was not upheld due to "authenticity of the proof of residency" :D. Until next year!! 

Ouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Anyone get confirmation of GFA place today? I've only got 3 1/2 mins to spare, but fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Best of luck everyone - fingers crossed for all of you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Sitting here waiting for an email to come in like a wally, think I'll head off for a run to kill some time !

Mine came about 1 pm last time. No panic

Duanington wrote: »
    Sitting here waiting for an email to come in like a wally, think I'll head off for a run to kill some time !

I think you're safe enough DD......my cushion on the other hand is not so plush :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

healy1835 wrote: »
    I think you're safe enough DD......my cushion on the other hand is not so plush :)

How close to the cut-offs are you?

Will need to keep a close eye on the twitterbook shortly to see if anyone does miss out this year on the times.

robinph wrote: »
    How close to the cut-offs are you?

Will need to keep a close eye on the twitterbook shortly to see if anyone does miss out this year on the times.

2:58:01........almost 2 minutes.

• Advertisement

2:58:01........almost 2 minutes.

2.54.40 here

Duanington wrote: »
    2.54.40 here

Follwing that run on the tracker is still fresh in my memory :)

Follwing that run on the tracker is still fresh in my memory :)

Keeping myself moving because I knew people were following me on a tracker is still fresh in my memory !

Just got my email confirming a place. :)

Im out...... 2mins 40secs for males. **** it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭browne_rob5

Just got my email confirming a place. :)

Me too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭browne_rob5

Wow sorry to hear that. Big difference in applications from last year.

****e

In

:eek:

Wow, that must mean a massive increase in the number of applications then as the time band you were in would have been the busiest.

• Advertisement

In but had a 20 min cushion

Seems that the cut off was 2 minutes 40 seconds for men and 4 minutes 15 for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

No place for me, short by 45 seconds or so. Well done to everyone who got in!! Its a super marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Next Monday is apparently when the main ballot rejections/successes will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Next Monday is apparently when the main ballot rejections/successes will come out.

Rejection/acceptance emails will arrive before 11th October according to VLM Twitter. Good luck everyone :) I threw my name into the hat this year, just for the excitement of getting the rejection letter.

VMLM twitter account has been releasing a few videos of Radcliffe telling people that they have places. Was that some extra competition that they had entered via twitter for places?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

VMLM twitter account has been releasing a few videos of Radcliffe telling people that they have places. Was that some extra competition that they had entered via twitter for places?

I think I'd reject it if she offered it to me to my face.
    Dunno why, but I entered the ballot. So we'll see what happens.

Not had a rejection or acceptance email through to this house yet, and I've not had my GFA confirmation magazine through yet either.

Facebook has only been showing me rejections for people who got the rejection top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Not had a rejection or acceptance email through to this house yet, and I've not had my GFA confirmation magazine through yet either.

Facebook has only been showing me rejections for people who got the rejection top.

Havnt heard of anyone getting an email yet, just the post. Email was Tuesday last year for me so maybe tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

And so it begins.... the non stop checking of emails.

8th year of trying with the ballot.

Advertisement