Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little help please re parking out in CityWest hotel

Options
  • 07-08-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hello folks, I'm travelling up with wife and 2 children for ComiCon on Saturday. Am I right in saying that I can park my car in the carpark of CityWest hotel for a fee and then get the Luas all the way from Saggart to the Mayor Square stop?
    If so does anyone know how much it costs to leave the car there for the day?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a couple of years ago now, but we parked a car there overnight with no issue. We did ring and ask in advance.

It has become more popular now, so it might be best ring in advance or maybe even have a cup of tea in there, so technically you are a customer. They never asked us for any payment, but as I said it may have changed now.

Yes you can get the LUAS all the way to Mayor Sq from Saggart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I think there's a free park and ride in Citywest Shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I think there's a free park and ride in Citywest Shopping centre.

It stopped at the end of April - signs up now saying no all day parking, and suggest clamping is in operation.
    Red Cow allows all day parking for €4, and there is no walk to the luas stop. Or Cheeverstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

If you are happy to pay the fee, there is a dedicated park and ride at the LUAS at Red Cow Roundabout. Massive car park with the LUAS running through the middle of it.

I dont know why you are thinking about park and ride at Citywest. The official one is only another 2 miles down the road.

https://www.luas.ie/red-cow-p-and-r.html

Four euro per day maximum !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Not sure about parking in the hotel for Free and it would be maybe 10 minute walk to Luas stop - but Red Cow park and ride is €4 for 24 hours and the luas is right beside where you park - just keep eye on front of LUAS thought as some will go to Connolly and others to the Point

• Advertisement
Advertisement