Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade SSD C drive

Options
  • 07-08-2019 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭

I built my own rig 4 years ago. I have 250GB SSD for the C drive. I would like to upgrade this and not be in a similar situation anytime soon. The current 250GB one is branded "crucial" from what I can see on the sticker. I reckon I will stick with that brand and get a 1TB product.

Question I have is how do I best clone my C Drive? What do I need, other than an empty SSD? I spotted THIS article when searching for info. It names a product called acronis. Is that OK, or would you recommend something else, or a different method.

The last time I moved from a 120 SSD to the current 250 SSD, it was a bit of a pain. At that stage, I only had windows on it and a handful of programs. I want it to be painless this time. What do I need? Sata to USB??? Also open to other brands of SSD.

Stay Free

Comments

Advertisement