Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folding iPhone

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

What do the folks here think about this?

Can you fold it into a cylinder and put it up your arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

would need a 5 year no questions asked hardware guarntee before i'd consider biting. prices would be way too hight. get a tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I honestly don't see the need for it, I have an iPad and Phone and the only time I use the iPad is when I'm flying. I'm never just on my phone and saying to myself "if only I had a bigger screen", the phone is plenty fine for everything else I use it for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Shark has been jumped, phone-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Yeah, since I got the Xs Max I find the use of my iPad dropping too, with expection for netflix in the hotel when I travel. I also just think foldy phones are gimiky.

• Advertisement

I personally don’t see any need for them either but the Android fanboys are drooling at the mouth at the thought of them. With both Samsung and Huawei failing to make them work it would be funny if Apple came out with one working perfectly ahead of the other manufacturers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Can you fold it into a cylinder and put it up your arse?

If it turns you on......

With both Samsung and Huawei failing to make them work it would be funny if Apple came out with one working perfectly ahead of the other manufacturers.

That really would! Are Samsung not about to launch one? One of the articles (could be in the first post) said Samsung and someone else are launching the foldy phone this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Folding phones? A gimmick, absolute rubbish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That really would! Are Samsung not about to launch one? One of the articles (could be in the first post) said Samsung and someone else are launching the foldy phone this year.

Yes samsung are launching theirs very soon. They were supposed to release it earlier in the year I think but the phones were breaking so they put it on hold. I heard last week on the radio that they have resolved the issues with the phones so ready for whenever the launch is now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Sure wasn't the iPhone 6 a folding iPhone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kimbot wrote: »
    Yes samsung are launching theirs very soon. They were supposed to release it earlier in the year I think but the phones were breaking so they put it on hold. I heard last week on the radio that they have resolved the issues with the phones so ready for whenever the launch is now.

Not only were they breaking they were breaking when you were folding them, like it had one job and it failed at that. Whilst the tech is there it’s not ready yet.

The screens are made of plastic (naturally) and it you watch Jerry Rig Everything’s video on the Royale FlexPi (the first shipping folding phone) you can see his finger nail permanently scratches the screen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

We are a loong away from the seamless folding experience that would tempt most people to have a variable size screen in their pocket.

The Samsung one about to be released looks like as thick as a toasted sandwich and probably feels like something you'd buy on DealExtreme.

Just watched the launch of the Samsung fold, that really does look quite thick. The price, from $1980? So the 512 one is going to clear 2k. That kinda price will surely lead to longer contracts to allow for subsidisation to be affordable?

Advertisement