Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC alarm keypad - mute the countdown beeps?

• 07-08-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Hi, couldn't find answer to this in the manual or online, (I also contacted the installer but he hasn't responded :rolleyes:)

I have the SPC Connect app and it works great, except when our internet drops of course, in those cases the app can't reach the panel, so can I set the alarm via the keypad, and then mute the countdown beeps once they start?
    At night time for example, I don't mind the beeps if I'm leaving the house.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you want to have an exit timer but without the beeps.?
    Do you have engineer access?

If so set part guard B as timed is part set options. Change the name to something like Full Set Silent.
    Now when you enter your code when full set displays press arrow down twice & your Full Set Silent(Or whatever you named it)will appear. Press OK. The keypad will beep once to acknowledge & then the timer will be silent.
    If any zones have the Part B attribute they will be excluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I went down to play with the touchscreen keypad a bit and I think I've got it...

If we leave and use the keypad, we usually do a "Full Set" (Dark square on the keypad) with triggers the countdown beeps...

But there was also a Light square with a A over it that we never use from the keypad, this seems to be the "Home Set" option which we usually do via the app, (and I don't think there's any difference between Full/Home set for us, we don't have any zones really)
    So I pressed that and it beeped once, the green User icon flashed green for a bit and then it was Home Set, so... that should be it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh OK.
    Thought you wanted a timer but without the sound.

Advertisement