Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower mulching question

Options
  • 08-08-2019 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi, I have this great mower, the only problem is it doesn't mulch. Is it possible to change this mower into a mulching mower by purchasing a mulching kit? Mulching blade and mulch plug?

If it is where would I buy the mulching kit?

Attached are pictures of my mower.

Regards,

hbab2009

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I recently bought a mower from Aldi, I looked up the model online before buying and saw that it could mulch. When I unpacked it, although it had a blade for mulching, there was no mulch plug with it. So I searched the model number online and picked one up on ebay for 25 quid.

I can't see from your pic as it's covered in grass but if it is a model that will mulch, when you lift up the flap for the grass box, there should be a few slots that a plug clips into. If so and you do find a plug you could probably measure the length of the blade and fit with a new mulching blade of that length.

I think Briggs and Stratton is the engine make as opposed to the make of your lawn mower. The Aldi one I have has a Briggs and Stratton engine but it's an Alko mower. If it's an old mower you have, you might have a harder time finding a plug online? Or maybe your lawnmower's make use a universal design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That doesn't seem to have any slots for a plug to sit in to.

Advertisement