Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

Scarlett Johannson

Never got it.

Early 2000s, she had naturally big boobs in an age of fake big boobs maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Tony EH wrote: »
    Gadot? No, not at all.

Ah come on now....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

her father is Danish. She wouldnt get a second look walking down the street in Copenhagen such is the staggering quality there.

I've always heard that the scandinavians are better looking from many Irish, English, and Americans but is this really true? Maybe it's a bit of the "grass is greener". I wonder what they consider of the Irish.

Anyway though, in online dating they do rate fairly high in nationalities. But I think it's confirmation bias and people forget about the ugly looking Scandinavians.

I find half spanish/white women to be the hottest. Also their men as well. There's a guy in my class who is half Irish and half Portugese and is constantly called handsome by women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Shur I'm sure those who spend days ripping into people here can get over Lotus Flower saying nobody specific is basic.
    "Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive"

I feel the thread title has been lost.
    Indeed. Glenda Gilson gets mentioned - again. And a slew of pretty much unheard of people. Alexa Chung? Wasn't she considered very attractive briefly in 2006?

Also, Rihanna has cankles? How the **** do people even notice this ****?

Gotta agree that it's women who are the harshest on women, going by this thread.

Cankles haha could you be bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

what was so great about Bettie Davies' eyes, anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Scarlett Johannson

Never got it.

Hubs would agree. As would I. We just both think her face is not that pretty. Great body though.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Shur I'm sure those who spend days ripping into people here can get over Lotus Flower saying nobody specific is basic.

Indeed. Glenda Gilson gets mentioned - again. And a slew of pretty much unheard of people. Alexa Chung? Wasn't she considered very attractive briefly in 2006?

Also, Rihanna has cankles? How the **** do people even notice this ****?

Gotta agree that it's women who are the harshest on women, going by this thread.

She said anyone who disagrees with her opinion is basic. That’s actually quite specific!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

She said anyone who disagrees with her opinion is basic. That’s actually quite specific!

You actually thought I was being serious with my "yeah that's pretty much it:)" comment. Come on..... I also mentioned in another post it was a flippant comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I've always heard that the scandinavians are better looking from many Irish, English, and Americans but is this really true? Maybe it's a bit of the "grass is greener". I wonder what they consider of the Irish.

Anyway though, in online dating they do rate fairly high in nationalities. But I think it's confirmation bias and people forget about the ugly looking Scandinavians.

I find half spanish/white women to be the hottest. Also their men as well. There's a guy in my class who is half Irish and half Portugese and is constantly called handsome by women

yeah look there's beautiful and then there is hot, not necessarily the same thing. i'd be much more into brunettes myself but in Copenhagen, every second or third woman was a stunner, stop you in your tracks kinda stuff. generally tall blondes in great shape with perfect complexions, fab figures, symmetrical faces etc...enough to make you sick :D

• Advertisement

You actually thought I was being serious with my "yeah that's pretty much it:)" comment. Come on..... I also mentioned in another post it was a flippant comment.

The initial ‘basic’ comment didn’t come across as a joke if that was your intention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

yeah look there's beautiful and then there is hot, not necessarily the same thing. i'd be much more into brunettes myself but in Copenhagen, every second or third woman was a stunner, stop you in your tracks kinda stuff. generally tall blondes in great shape with perfect complexions, fab figures, symmetrical faces etc...enough to make you sick :D
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭paul71

Edited: because I could not be arsed arguing with someone without basic manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Tony EH wrote: »
    Gadot? No, not at all.

J Law, though. She's nice in an ordinary way. But, I wouldn't say gorgeous.

Gal Gadot looks boney. But I still would. God, I'm a regular charmer, so romantic.

Lawrence, good looking, but an absolute arseh*ole. I can imagine going out with someone like that would be a drain after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Azatadine wrote: »
    Ah come on now....

Nope. Just not for me at all.

paul71 wrote: »
    Edited: because I could not be arsed arguing with someone without basic manners.

Who's arguing? I certainly wasn't, this is a discussion board. My comment was tongue in cheek, apologies if I offended you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

orli na nh wrote: »
    what was so great about Bettie Davies' eyes, anyway?

The style of Hollywood cinematography in the early 1940s enhanced her eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Arianna Grande.

She's like some tiny magical woodland sprite, which isn't that sexually attractive really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

vriesmays wrote: »
    The style of Hollywood cinematography in the early 1940s enhanced her eyes.

I thought it was the fact that she actually acted real good facially, rather than just looking pretty like a lot of a list actors do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sundaygames

Hubs would agree. As would I. We just both think her face is not that pretty. Great body though.

I know that all the elements are there and she is of course gorgeous.

But she just doesn't "do it" for me. Different strokes I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Arghus wrote: »
    Arianna Grande.

She's like some tiny magical woodland sprite, which isn't that sexually attractive really.

31f6b22bbb5d032cd0ff1bd3338eb65c.jpg

Arianna Grande.

That's probably her appeal. Her target audience is young girls/teens and while she wears sexy outfits, she's not a threat. It's like with Cheryl Cole at the height of her fame around 2008. She was a good looking, well groomed female but wasn't really sexy, so a lot of young females wanted to be her. They were attracted to the glitz and glamour.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That's probably her appeal. Her target audience is young girls/teens and while she wears sexy outfits, she's not a threat. It's like with Cheryl Cole at the height of her fame around 2008. She was a good looking, well groomed female but

wasn't really sexy,

so a lot of young females wanted to be her. They were attracted to the glitz and glamour.

Sir

I beg to differ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That's probably her appeal. Her target audience is young girls/teens and while she wears sexy outfits, she's not a threat. It's like with Cheryl Cole at the height of her fame around 2008. She was a good looking, well groomed female but wasn't really sexy, so a lot of young females wanted to be her. They were attracted to the glitz and glamour.

Nah, not like Cheryl Cole. She was as hot as hell!

Sir

I beg to differ!
    And that's why Cheryl worked. She wasn't considered sexy by younger females, so she was someone who was non threatening and they were attracted by the glitz and glamour, whereas any male fans could enjoy their fantasy. It's a fine line to walk where female fans want to be you and male fans want to shag you, which is what Arianna Grande does. Cheryl lost her fan base when they grew up and her last attempt at releasing a single failed miserably because her target audience could no longer relate to her. The same will happen with Arianna.

• Advertisement

And that's why Cheryl worked. She wasn't considered sexy by younger females, so she was someone who was non threatening and they were attracted by the glitz and glamour, whereas any male fans could enjoy their fantasy. It's a fine line to walk where female fans want to be you and male fans want to shag you, which is what Arianna Grande does. Cheryl lost her fan base when they grew up and her last attempt at releasing a single failed miserably because her target audience could no longer relate to her. The same will happen with Arianna.

Isn't Arianna Grande one of the top selling artists in the world right now? Cheryl Cole isn't even in the same league popularity wise (and never was) so not sure why they're being compared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Bit off topic, but I would expect Arianne Grande make the transition as Miley Cyrus did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Marty Morrissy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

branie2 wrote: »
    Marty Morrissy

Ah Branie , in all fairness , I don't think too many would find him attractive , let alone Extremely Attractive !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah Branie , in all fairness , I don't think too many would find him attractive , let alone Extremely Attractive !

Only if he wears a pink shirt :D

I'll take my meds now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Autosport wrote: »
    Only if he wears a pink shirt :D

I'll take my meds now :D

When I read the post , I had to re read the thread title :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I think barbara Streissand looked pretty. I like unique looking features. Her eyes are beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

branie2 wrote: »
    Marty Morrissy

Ah no, I've seen that forehead make many a woman weak at the knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Homelander

wakka12 wrote: »
    I think barbara Streissand looked pretty. I like unique looking features. Her eyes are beautiful!
    She was pretty. Don't get people saying otherwise. She was just a handsome lady in a very unique way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

dickangel wrote: »
    Ah no, I've seen that forehead make many a woman weak at the knees.

What does he do, head butt them?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Kim Kardashian or kimmy kk

Water John wrote: »
    Bit off topic, but I would expect Arianne Grande make the transition as Miley Cyrus did.

Well I hope she ends up doing the kinds of photoshoots Miley did !!

Nah, not like Cheryl Cole. She was as hot as hell!

Damn right she was. For a while she was right up there at the head of the pack (before she got too skinny)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Micheal D Higgins, I know he was voted most sexy man alive in this years housewives poll in Irelands Own but ewwwww !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Water John wrote: »

I've heard Miley Cyrus can strangle a man with her thighs...:D

• Advertisement

I've heard Miley Cyrus can strangle a man with her thighs...:D

Good god . . .what a way to go!

I know that all the elements are there and she is of course gorgeous.

But she just doesn't "do it" for me. Different strokes I guess

See, I don’t think all the elements are there. I don’t like her lips and genuinely wouldn’t want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Beyonce. In fact, any of those 'extremely attractive' types with an arse favoured by a certain race. Just not for me, most likely because I most likely wouldn't be able to reach :pac: :(

Beyonce. In fact, any of those 'extremely attractive' types with an arse favoured by a certain race. Just not for me, most likely because I most likely wouldn't be able to reach :pac: :(

Agreed. She doesn't do a whole pile for me.
    I'm not really mad about the "gigantic ass" trend that is popular right now

A nice ass is sexy but the surgery enhanced ar$es that are all the rage these days are hideous. It's like when fake boobs first came out and some people went completely overboard and just looked silly, rather than sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This nonsense?

gettyimages-1008042652.jpg

main-qimg-29c1d91feb6a7b880c83adbba3f1aab2

There's also the abomination that is Nicki Minaj.

After seeing Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, lol at the folk on this thread pretending Margot Robbie is unattractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Raconteuse wrote: »
    After seeing Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, lol at the folk on this thread pretending Margot Robbie is unattractive.

She's no Barbra Streisand!

Anyway, why? Is it so insane that some people don't? Not at all.

• Advertisement

Relikk wrote: »
    She's no Barbra Streisand!

Anyway, why? Is it so insane that some people don't? Not at all.
    Not fancying her is different. That's involuntary.

But she is objectively extremely good looking. A couple of folk here pretending that she isn't.

Advertisement