Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Not fancying her is different. That's involuntary.

But she is objectively extremely good looking. A couple of folk here pretending that she isn't.

Yeah it's like instead of just saying "this isn't my cup of tea" they're going for "this IS NOT tea"

You could show Margot Robbie to people from cultures from all around the world, from millennia ago and from today and I guarantee you the vast majority would see a beautiful woman.

She's good auld craic as well going by interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not fancying her is different. That's involuntary.

But she is objectively extremely good looking. A couple of folk here pretending that she isn't.

Something involuntary definitely happens whenever I see her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

But she is objectively extremely good looking.

Don't be ridiculous. It's all subjective.
    You could show Margot Robbie to people from cultures from all around the world, from millennia ago and from today and I guarantee you the vast majority would see a beautiful woman.

More than likely, yes. But again, some won't.

Relikk wrote: »

Honestly the only reason I qualified that statement at all was to preemptively defend against
    Actually electro, I was recently reading a paper about the 6th century marriage practices of the Swahili and how they compared to other outliers such as the pre-Socratic Inuit Americans and even present day pygmies

*ten paragraphs of bro science and forensic assessment of Robbie's body*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

What's ridiculous is saying it's "all" subjective. Yeah most people are in between looking. Beauty is subjective in those cases. But for exceptional looking people like Robbie or Michelle Pfeiffer, it's absolutely objective. Actually wanting to do the deed with them though is where subjectivity always comes in. Or your sexual orientation. As a hetero woman I have no sexual interest in Margot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

my3cents wrote: »
    I would never say she wasn't extremely attractive but whenever I look at her I see a neon sign light up on her forehead that says run away. There is definitively something about those eyes.

For me, she goes into the category of "striking"...those women you spot and even though you don't fancy them, you still find them strangely compelling.

As a hetero woman I have no sexual interest in Margot.

"The lady's not for turning".

As an aside, what do people think of Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan? I just watched This Way Up and have been having some wild, Irish accent-filled dreams since.

"The lady's not for turning".

As an aside, what do people think of Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan? I just watched This Way Up and have been having some wild, Irish accent-filled dreams since.
    Wrong thread dude. They're not extraordinarily stunning which means they are deformed looking. Particularly because of being Irish women.

Wrong thread dude. They're not extraordinarily stunning which means they are deformed looking. Particularly because of being Irish women.

I couldn't find the Female Irish Mutants thread and I daren't start one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

After seeing Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, lol at the folk on this thread pretending Margot Robbie is unattractive.

There's always a tonne of make up and without it she's a bit manly-looking.

• Advertisement

I'll take Bea so, if she's going.

Careful now. You're not allowed to think of her as anything but good looking around here.

I'll take Bea so, if she's going.

You and me both. A seriously attractive woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Same can be said for most celebrities tbh. I remember back when the Spice Girls were first around, 1994, I was 11 and out of the 5, good ole Posh took me fancy. Every picture and video showed this stunning young one (imo). My brother was going out with an English bird at the time, and while visiting home she saw Posh without makeup, and said her skin was scandalous. One would not have thought so.

There are very few celebrities, or indeed in the vein of this thread, the extremely attractive, who look just as good without makeup. Most likely, if they're in the public eye and doing something, they're wearing makeup. The hard part is distinguishing who has very little/basics on, and who used a trowel to apply.

"A bit manly looking" - ****ing lol.
    Careful now. You're not allowed to think of her as anything but good looking around here.
    You're "allowed" think stupid sh1t all you want, but if you're going to say someone who's extremely good looking is bad looking, then you'll be responded to.
    Same can be said for most celebrities tbh.
    Not that they look a bit manly.

And saying someone's skin is "scandalous" - lol again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not that they look a bit manly.

And saying someone's skin is "scandalous" - lol again.

Sorry, I didn't mean that, I meant most celebrities don't look as stunning without makeup. I don't know why you're lolling though, for using a descriptive word or it wasn't descriptive enough? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Sorry, I didn't mean that, I meant most celebrities don't look as stunning without makeup. I don't know why you're lolling though, for using a descriptive word or it wasn't descriptive enough? :confused:

Everyone looks better with make-up, the whole point of make-up is to enhance. Seems like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't- wear make-up and you're criticised for not being naturally perfect but don't wear make-up and your "scandalous" skin is commented on

It's skin. I was lolling at how extreme the term was. Don't know if you used it or the woman who saw Victoria.
    Everyone looks better with make-up, the whole point of make-up is to enhance. Seems like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't
    Absolutely. Not you Potential Monke, but It's often "All the make-up is a mask" or "she looks like [insert silly extreme comparison that she doesn't look in the slightest like] without it" and "manly" this, "fivehead" that (you know it's a real struggle to find something wrong when they go on about her forehead).

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

I never found Nicole Kidman in the least bit attractive.

Charlize Theron, I can see the appeal there, but she doesn't really do it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

dubstarr wrote: »
    Thats it.You are dead to me:mad:

:confused:
    She's all yours, Stevie Wonder.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Not you Potential Monke, but It's often "All the make-up is a mask" or "she looks like [insert silly extreme comparison that she doesn't look in the slightest like] without it" and "manly" this, "fivehead" that (you know it's a real struggle to find something wrong when they go on about her forehead).

I was googling Margot Robbie without makeup and ended up a reddit thread about

*she's hideous
    *in fairness she looks better than most women
    *in Eastern Europe she'd be bog standard (:D)
    *make up should be illegal, it's comparable to rape
    *no it shouldn't be illegal because it does make women sad sometimes and that's good

You're "allowed" think stupid sh1t all you want, but if you're going to say someone who's extremely good looking is bad looking, then you'll be responded to.

To some people she's not, no matter what you try to "respond" with to try and justify otherwise. That's two moronic stances you've taken in this thread, already. I suggest not being a numpty in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Have seen that sort of thing mentioned on this thread too (such and such wouldn't get a second look in Denmark, there are hotter women in UCD, etc etc). It's so daft

To some people she's not, no matter what you try to "respond" with to try and justify otherwise. That's two moronic stances you've taken in this thread, already. I suggest not being a numpty in the future.

That poster is clearly blinded by the movies he's seen her in to see the wood from the trees. She's not ugly, but without being a famous actress I could pick plenty of women on the street who I'd rather throw it into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

That poster is clearly blinded by the movies he's seen her in to see the wood from the trees. She's not ugly, but without being a famous actress I could pick plenty of women on the street who I'd rather throw it into.

Which streets are you walking down? Cos I can tell you, I don't pass by many women close to being as beautiful as Margot. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

*she's hideous
    *no it shouldn't be illegal because it does make women sad sometimes and that's good
    What? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Never saw anything in Jennifer Aniston

smilerf wrote: »
    Never saw anything in Jennifer Aniston

Wait for the sextape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

*she's hideous

But you need a good canvas to start with before you put the paint on it.

Margot Robbie is a good example her face is an excellent canvas that can be made to look extremely attractive with make up.

For many others the expression "you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig" springs to mind.

• Advertisement

Which streets are you walking down? Cos I can tell you, I don't pass by many women close to being as beautiful as Margot. :P

Grand Canal Dock during lunch time.

*she's hideous
    The psychotic bitterness and resentment that they'll never get a woman who looks like her.
    I'm obviously female.

With make-up on (seeing as that aspect has been nitpicked at), Margot Robbie is clearly an objectively good-looking woman (and she isn't absolutely caked in make-up in that photo either). Saying her beauty is subjective is silly. I know you don't like being told this, but no need for the personal insults. Beauty is not always subjective.

Without make-up, she is much less remarkable looking (but obviously miles away from "hideous"... and not remotely mannish ffs) however the photos of her and films with which people are used to, are the ones where she is wearing make-up and looking stunning - these are what people are referring to when they pretend she isn't good-looking. It just looks resentful from men, and jealous from women. Straining to find a way to insult how someone very good-looking appears - resentful or jealous is all it could be.

However, if I told you you were wrong for not fancying her, then I'd be out of order. Some guy lost the plot with me one time here because I said while Ronaldo is good-looking, I don't fancy him. It really angered him - he was being totally unreasonable. Even though I acknowledged that the man is good-looking. You're acting as though I'm saying the same about others - I am not. Not wanting to have sex with Margot Robbie is just how people feel. But saying she isn't good-looking and worse, is just incorrect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The psychotic bitterness and resentment that they'll never get a woman who looks like her.
    And Mr Magoo levels of myopia. Ms Robbie sans the slap...

89b43b1ff516804201dc03f5d4744a2b.jpg

Yeah, clearly she looks like a man and is a munter. :rolleyes: How deluded are some of these retarded shut-ins? Jesus H Christ. Have they ever seen a woman outside of routers and binoculars?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

I don't think its fair to compare this beaut

Beyonce-close-up-2008-beyonce-35081768-1440-900.jpg

To these skanks
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    This nonsense?

gettyimages-1008042652.jpg

main-qimg-29c1d91feb6a7b880c83adbba3f1aab2

Beyonce. Never forget.

oyUfxWE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I never found Nicole Kidman in the least bit attractive.

+1

She has mousey features. And her body isn't my cupan tae either. Everyone got all giddy after watching Eyes Wide Shut, I was entirely unimpressed. Scrawny and boney.

Film was pish too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

NoteAgent wrote: »
    I don't think its fair to compare this beaut

Beyonce-close-up-2008-beyonce-35081768-1440-900.jpg

To these skanks

I didn't compare her to anyone. I commented on the current fad of gigantic disproportionate arses that seems to be popular.

I'm no fan of Beyonce either. Certainly more talented, but uses her sexy image to promote herself, every bit as much as the Kardashians do.

Used to play up to the good little Christian girl image to work that market, then started saucing it up big time and when questioned about how she reconciled the new sexy image with her faith, claimed that she was glorifying God's creation by flaunting her body.

Spoofer. Sex sells, everyone knows it and everyone who can, does it. But don't try to pretend that's not what you're doing.

+1

She has mousey features. And her body isn't my cupan tae either. Everyone got all giddy after watching Eyes Wide Shut, I was entirely unimpressed. Scrawny and boney.

Film was pish too.
    I thought she looked incredible in Moulin Rouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Bradley Cooper and Leo DiCaprio - I must be the only woman on the planet who doesn’t turn into a puddle of mush when faced with these two. I just don’t get the fuss.

Bradley Cooper and Leo DiCaprio - I must be the only woman on the planet who doesn’t turn into a puddle of mush when faced with these two. I just don’t get the fuss.

Bradley Cooper looks like Barry Manilow.

Used to play up to the good little Christian girl image to work that market, then started saucing it up big time and when questioned about how she reconciled the new sexy image with her faith, claimed that she was glorifying God's creation by flaunting her body.

Spoofer. Sex sells, everyone knows it and everyone who can, does it. But don't try to pretend that's not what you're doing.
    Same with Nicole Scherzinger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Vogue Williams. I don’t get it. Big horsey man head on her, mouth is far too big and for the love of god just get the mole removed.

Don’t get the Ryan Gosling thing either. He’s astonishingly average with an above average body, maybe that’s what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Wibbs wrote: »
    And Mr Magoo levels of myopia. Ms Robbie sans the slap...

89b43b1ff516804201dc03f5d4744a2b.jpg

Yeah, clearly she looks like a man and is a munter. :rolleyes: How deluded are some of these retarded shut-ins? Jesus H Christ. Have they ever seen a woman outside of routers and binoculars?

THAT'S Margot Robbie??! I was scrolling up thinking it was just a random pic of an 'ordinary' girl!

I think she is incredible but how ordinary does she look without makeup...still so pretty but it's just amazing how make-up, cameras and lighting can totally transform how people actually look and how that becomes the expectation then...

Not sure if she's generally considered 'extremely attractive' but I would say Amy Huberman. I've no doubt she's super-nice though and obviousl not unattractive! So you'd probably fall for her once you got to know her :)

Yeah, I don't get Bradly Cooper either. I'm sure he's a top chap but he does nothing for me in the looks department.

:eek:

Never fancied him really, but I could see the crazy-behind-the-eyes, big-dick-energy appeal.

But that's killed it altogether

:eek:

Never fancied him really, but I could see the crazy-behind-the-eyes, big-dick-energy appeal.

But that's killed it altogether

I thought he was attractive back in 'The Hangover' days but the last couple of years it looks like he has work done or his face has changed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

THAT'S Margot Robbie??! I was scrolling up thinking it was just a random pic of an 'ordinary' girl!

I think she is incredible but how ordinary does she look without makeup...
    She looks anything but ordinary. Though you're dead right on expectations driven by media, but you're also buying into it by thinking she looks ordinary. You expect glammed up photoshopped images, so anything less than that appears ordinary, when it's not. Now we can argue cultural ideals and the like, but according to our current ideal, she'd be in the very top percentage of female beauty minus makeup. And no, you won't find that level too often walking down an average street.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Now that I've seen it...
    It cannot be unseen!

Still, it gives him a new big musical!
    A manilow biopic!

Wibbs wrote: »
    She looks anything but ordinary. Though you're dead right on expectations driven by media, but you're also buying into it by thinking she looks ordinary. You expect glammed up photoshopped images, so anything less than that appears ordinary, when it's not. Now we can argue cultural ideals and the like, but according to our current ideal, she'd be in the very top percentage of female beauty minus makeup. And no, you won't find that level too often walking down an average street.

I actually meant to say 'ordinary' not ordinary :) She definitely is anything but and is a 10/10 with or without make up - doesn't matter. Defo one of the most attractive women I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Robbie looks quite different in that pic.
    Still beautiful and I guess she's not the first who looks so different without make-up. Wont be the last too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement