Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Not fancying her is different. That's involuntary.

But she is objectively extremely good looking. A couple of folk here pretending that she isn't.

Yeah it's like instead of just saying "this isn't my cup of tea" they're going for "this IS NOT tea"

You could show Margot Robbie to people from cultures from all around the world, from millennia ago and from today and I guarantee you the vast majority would see a beautiful woman.

She's good auld craic as well going by interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not fancying her is different. That's involuntary.

But she is objectively extremely good looking. A couple of folk here pretending that she isn't.

Something involuntary definitely happens whenever I see her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

But she is objectively extremely good looking.

Don't be ridiculous. It's all subjective.
    You could show Margot Robbie to people from cultures from all around the world, from millennia ago and from today and I guarantee you the vast majority would see a beautiful woman.

More than likely, yes. But again, some won't.

Relikk wrote: »

Honestly the only reason I qualified that statement at all was to preemptively defend against
    Actually electro, I was recently reading a paper about the 6th century marriage practices of the Swahili and how they compared to other outliers such as the pre-Socratic Inuit Americans and even present day pygmies

*ten paragraphs of bro science and forensic assessment of Robbie's body*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

What's ridiculous is saying it's "all" subjective. Yeah most people are in between looking. Beauty is subjective in those cases. But for exceptional looking people like Robbie or Michelle Pfeiffer, it's absolutely objective. Actually wanting to do the deed with them though is where subjectivity always comes in. Or your sexual orientation. As a hetero woman I have no sexual interest in Margot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭storker

my3cents wrote: »
    I would never say she wasn't extremely attractive but whenever I look at her I see a neon sign light up on her forehead that says run away. There is definitively something about those eyes.

For me, she goes into the category of "striking"...those women you spot and even though you don't fancy them, you still find them strangely compelling.

As a hetero woman I have no sexual interest in Margot.

"The lady's not for turning".

As an aside, what do people think of Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan? I just watched This Way Up and have been having some wild, Irish accent-filled dreams since.

"The lady's not for turning".

As an aside, what do people think of Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan? I just watched This Way Up and have been having some wild, Irish accent-filled dreams since.
    Wrong thread dude. They're not extraordinarily stunning which means they are deformed looking. Particularly because of being Irish women.

Wrong thread dude. They're not extraordinarily stunning which means they are deformed looking. Particularly because of being Irish women.

I couldn't find the Female Irish Mutants thread and I daren't start one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

After seeing Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, lol at the folk on this thread pretending Margot Robbie is unattractive.

There's always a tonne of make up and without it she's a bit manly-looking.

• Advertisement

I'll take Bea so, if she's going.

Careful now. You're not allowed to think of her as anything but good looking around here.

I'll take Bea so, if she's going.

You and me both. A seriously attractive woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Same can be said for most celebrities tbh. I remember back when the Spice Girls were first around, 1994, I was 11 and out of the 5, good ole Posh took me fancy. Every picture and video showed this stunning young one (imo). My brother was going out with an English bird at the time, and while visiting home she saw Posh without makeup, and said her skin was scandalous. One would not have thought so.

There are very few celebrities, or indeed in the vein of this thread, the extremely attractive, who look just as good without makeup. Most likely, if they're in the public eye and doing something, they're wearing makeup. The hard part is distinguishing who has very little/basics on, and who used a trowel to apply.

"A bit manly looking" - ****ing lol.
    Careful now. You're not allowed to think of her as anything but good looking around here.
    You're "allowed" think stupid sh1t all you want, but if you're going to say someone who's extremely good looking is bad looking, then you'll be responded to.
    Same can be said for most celebrities tbh.
    Not that they look a bit manly.

And saying someone's skin is "scandalous" - lol again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not that they look a bit manly.

And saying someone's skin is "scandalous" - lol again.

Sorry, I didn't mean that, I meant most celebrities don't look as stunning without makeup. I don't know why you're lolling though, for using a descriptive word or it wasn't descriptive enough? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Sorry, I didn't mean that, I meant most celebrities don't look as stunning without makeup. I don't know why you're lolling though, for using a descriptive word or it wasn't descriptive enough? :confused:

Everyone looks better with make-up, the whole point of make-up is to enhance. Seems like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't- wear make-up and you're criticised for not being naturally perfect but don't wear make-up and your "scandalous" skin is commented on

It's skin. I was lolling at how extreme the term was. Don't know if you used it or the woman who saw Victoria.
    Everyone looks better with make-up, the whole point of make-up is to enhance. Seems like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't
    Absolutely. Not you Potential Monke, but It's often "All the make-up is a mask" or "she looks like [insert silly extreme comparison that she doesn't look in the slightest like] without it" and "manly" this, "fivehead" that (you know it's a real struggle to find something wrong when they go on about her forehead).

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

I never found Nicole Kidman in the least bit attractive.

Charlize Theron, I can see the appeal there, but she doesn't really do it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

dubstarr wrote: »
    Thats it.You are dead to me:mad:

:confused:
    She's all yours, Stevie Wonder.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Not you Potential Monke, but It's often "All the make-up is a mask" or "she looks like [insert silly extreme comparison that she doesn't look in the slightest like] without it" and "manly" this, "fivehead" that (you know it's a real struggle to find something wrong when they go on about her forehead).

I was googling Margot Robbie without makeup and ended up a reddit thread about

*she's hideous
    *in fairness she looks better than most women
    *in Eastern Europe she'd be bog standard (:D)
    *make up should be illegal, it's comparable to rape
    *no it shouldn't be illegal because it does make women sad sometimes and that's good

You're "allowed" think stupid sh1t all you want, but if you're going to say someone who's extremely good looking is bad looking, then you'll be responded to.

To some people she's not, no matter what you try to "respond" with to try and justify otherwise. That's two moronic stances you've taken in this thread, already. I suggest not being a numpty in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Have seen that sort of thing mentioned on this thread too (such and such wouldn't get a second look in Denmark, there are hotter women in UCD, etc etc). It's so daft

To some people she's not, no matter what you try to "respond" with to try and justify otherwise. That's two moronic stances you've taken in this thread, already. I suggest not being a numpty in the future.

That poster is clearly blinded by the movies he's seen her in to see the wood from the trees. She's not ugly, but without being a famous actress I could pick plenty of women on the street who I'd rather throw it into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

That poster is clearly blinded by the movies he's seen her in to see the wood from the trees. She's not ugly, but without being a famous actress I could pick plenty of women on the street who I'd rather throw it into.

Which streets are you walking down? Cos I can tell you, I don't pass by many women close to being as beautiful as Margot. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

*she's hideous
    *no it shouldn't be illegal because it does make women sad sometimes and that's good
    What? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Never saw anything in Jennifer Aniston

smilerf wrote: »
    Never saw anything in Jennifer Aniston

Wait for the sextape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

*she's hideous

But you need a good canvas to start with before you put the paint on it.

Margot Robbie is a good example her face is an excellent canvas that can be made to look extremely attractive with make up.

For many others the expression "you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig" springs to mind.

• Advertisement

Which streets are you walking down? Cos I can tell you, I don't pass by many women close to being as beautiful as Margot. :P

Grand Canal Dock during lunch time.

Advertisement