Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fondant - Dublin city centre

Options
  • 08-08-2019 10:34am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some pink fondant today in Dublin city, Sugar Sisters on the quays are only open until 6 so I'll be cutting in fine getting in after work. Is there anywhere else around town I could check. I hate the stuff myself but duty calls for a celebration cake!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bigger supermarkets (Tesco, etc) would almost certainly have it, and Dealz would probably have it, too. The answer might be a bit too late for you, now, though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I managed to get to the shop at 17.55, a bit of a dash! I have definitely seen white in Tesco, but hadn't seen pink. Must keep an eye on Dealz for next time, thanks for the tip!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mix red and white fondant? :p Or get the gel colours, wouldn't be too difficult to add a few drops to the white one to get the shade you need - only one drop at the time, though. I've seen those in Supervalu, too, BTW.

For future reference, I found out this evening that Lidl stocks some, too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That's great to know, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement