Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card PIN.

Options
  • 08-08-2019 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭

Tuesday morning (6th) I receive a new credit card in the post and informs me that my PIN remains the same, this morning I receive a letter  ... with a new PIN for the new credit card which is an upgrade and not a lost, stolen or damaged card. I can do without this kind of nonsense BOI! No point ringing 1890251251, I don't have an hour or two to spare!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Tuesday morning (6th) I receive a new credit card in the post and informs me that my PIN remains the same, this morning I receive a letter  ... with a new PIN for the new credit card which is an upgrade and not a lost, stolen or damaged card. I can do without this kind of nonsense BOI! No point ringing 1890251251, I don't have an hour or two to spare!

Hi Elmer,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Apologies for the misleading information provided advising the same pin would work with the new card number. This has since been rectified. With the recent amendment of our internal Card System going forward a new pin maybe necessary when a new card is ordered and will arrive 2 to 3 days after the card.

I hope this helps. Thanks Jen

Advertisement