Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir charged for international calls incorrectly

• 08-08-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

My mother received her bill from Eir this month and was charged €129 instead of the usual €49. When she called them, they said it was because she had called two numbers abroad - but these are friends of hers on their Irish phones who she knows for sure were not abroad when she phoned them. There haven't been issues any other months and nothing on her plan had changed - they said they will credit her for around €40 off her next bill but its unacceptable to still overcharge her for what appears to be an error on Eir's side! Shes quite upset over it. We have to wait for the itemized bill to arrive in the post but in the meantime would like to try and solve it before the direct debit comes out later in the month. Has this or anything similar happened to anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

You should have access to the bill right now on myEir.

no need to wait for the itemised bill to come in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Could being close to NI mast cause an Irish phone to 'roam' and incur such charges?

I obviously know little of such things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Could being close to NI mast cause an Irish phone to 'roam' and incur such charges?

I obviously know little of such things :)

It could, but there are no longer roaming charges for most calls.

Get the itemised bill and see which calls did the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelly306

Thanks everyone, turns out it was their mistake as on checking the itemized bill it showed the issue was actually a charge on texts to her own number! So another strongly worded phone call to Eir and it was fixed 😊

Advertisement