Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic installers for GSD self monitored alarm in Munster

Options
  • 08-08-2019 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping that someone here (maybe KoolKid if he's browsing) could recommend a domestic alarm installer for a GSD system in Limerick.

I've done some research into Siemens Vanderbilt, HKC and GSD and from I've learned from speaking to distributers, is that Siemens and GSD seem to be the top of the list for functionality.

I was going to go for the Siemens SPC series, but I've just learned that they've updated the system I was interested in and stopped supporting shock sensors. (Shock sensors on back door prevented a break-in a few years ago with my old alarm system)

I see that the GSD system still supports them, so I was wondering if someone could recommend a PSA registered installer in the Limerick area?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Most good installers should be able to fit a GSD system if you ask. HKC is the main brand in this country. Ring around is best advice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Theres plenty of good installers out there who are able to install most systems.
    Give GSD a call Phone: (01) 524 2691 . They will put you in contact with someone. Ask to speak to Gerry if you can. He'll look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

KoolKid wrote: »
    Theres plenty of good installers out there who are able to install most systems.
    Give GSD a call Phone: (01) 524 2691 . They will put you in contact with someone. Ask to speak to Gerry if you can. He'll look after you.

Any idea if the monitoring servers are offline? I was doing some work on my network so probably caused it myself but don't want to spend hours on a bank holiday weekend trying to solve an issue that I didn't actually cause.

Advertisement