Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Results out, passed, chuffed good luck all

Same here, congrat's! :D

What OOM did you get do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Overall OOM 240s

We were close, mine was 219...just happy to have passed! Really didn't think it was gonna happen for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

I passed! Delighted! Well done everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Woo same! Well done everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike Mr2

I just passed also. Anyone that is still waiting for their interview I would advise you to go to garda iP as they are the best at preparing you for it. I couldn't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 OscarJ94

Hey lads, many of ye booked in for the Garda IP course? Anybody who has, how ye get on?

Thanks!!

Mike Mr2 wrote: »
    I just passed also. Anyone that is still waiting for their interview I would advise you to go to garda iP as they are the best at preparing you for it. I couldn't recommend them enough.

x2 on this.

Noel John was fantastic on prepping me for my interview and can safely say him and some board members here got me through! :)

Hi all, I'd hugely recommend Noel Mc Loughlin, retired superintendent from gardaip.ie. By far he is the best for preparing candidates for interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Does anyone know what the next stage is now and how long do we have to wait for the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

Anyone know if batch 1 have been called for fitness test yet?
    Just got interview results from batch 2, trying to gauge when fitness test could be? placed 175.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Congrats all! Passed and gone up 200 places on OOM. Shocked it was so hard to tell how the interview went

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

SquireD wrote: »
    Same here, congrat's! :D

What OOM did you get do you mind me asking?

Congrats!! It's a great feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Passed my interview. Jumped over 200 places on interview. Over the moon. I did the career services prep and they were very good. From what I can see anyone considering garda IP should do it. The interview is tough and you need to be very prepared for it. Does anyone know how far away the fitness is from interview results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

LB1197 wrote: »
    Passed my interview. Jumped over 200 places on interview. Over the moon. I did the career services prep and they were very good. From what I can see anyone considering garda IP should do it. The interview is tough and you need to be very prepared for it. Does anyone know how far away the fitness is from interview results?

My guesstimate is the fitness will be next year isnt the medical first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Hi all, I'd hugely recommend Noel Mc Loughlin, retired superintendent from gardaip.ie. By far he is the best for preparing candidates for interview

His son, Noel John, does most if not all of the stuff these days, he's also very good.

I did it only very recently with noel, ye I heard that his son, Noel John is involved and gets a huge amount through also

In regards to the next stage, do we wait for contact from AGS about form b and next stages etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Hi I placed 750 in stage two and I'm just wondering what oom number it's up to now? If anyone that has recently done there interview or have been called for one could you let me know your number please and thank you :)

Had mine last week and had results today, was placed 330s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 12234

sazxox wrote: »
    Has anyone from batch 1 submitted form B yet ? If so, have you recieved any correspondance back? Thanks!

Not submitted mine yet. Have it ready to go to send tomorrow, just going over it a few more times to make sure it’s all correct. Hoping we hear about the next step soon.

Hi 12234, is form b sent by AGS or do we have to download and send ourselves, also do you know if medical r physical first

Neisey13 wrote: »
    Anyone know if batch 1 have been called for fitness test yet?
    Just got interview results from batch 2, trying to gauge when fitness test could be? placed 175.

I’m nearly certain I’m in batch 1 and haven’t heard anything regarding the PCT/medical yet. Only received form B via email last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Hi 12234, is form b sent by AGS or do we have to download and send ourselves, also do you know if medical r physical first

Sent by Garda HR to your email address, to be completed (typed), printed, signed, scanned and sent back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Kerryman88 wrote: »
    Hi I placed 750 in stage two and I'm just wondering what oom number it's up to now? If anyone that has recently done there interview or have been called for one could you let me know your number please and thank you :)

I was oom 669 and have been called for interview :) hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

12234 wrote: »
    Not submitted mine yet. Have it ready to go to send tomorrow, just going over it a few more times to make sure it’s all correct. Hoping we hear about the next step soon.

Yeah I sent mine off and they emailed back and said they couldnt open as was a ZIP format so re sent it to them in PDF and also word and all is fine now, dont think they will email back if its correct so if you hear nothing after sending off thats a good sign.. hoping fitness be nov/dec?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mazmaz1991

Congrats to everyone who passed. I thought I messed up the interview but was delighted to hear back yesterday that I passed. I have jumped from OOM 355 to 131 so I am delighted.

Well done! Same here I thought the same and jumped 100 places

Yeah I sent mine off and they emailed back and said they couldnt open as was a ZIP format so re sent it to them in PDF and also word and all is fine now, dont think they will email back if its correct so if you hear nothing after sending off thats a good sign.. hoping fitness be nov/dec?

Yeah I hope so too. I wonder if we’ll even be called to do them until our vetting comes through?

12234 wrote: »
    Yeah I hope so too. I wonder if we’ll even be called to do them until our vetting comes through?

If thats the case then ill be years as my form is soooooo long!!! Is yours?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you dont have family abroad, does the vetting not take as long as having family abroad? Like would there be a difference in time? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mazmaz1991

Well done! Same here I thought the same and jumped 100 places

You can never tell from them but i just assumed the worst. Ah amazing.. Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

Delighted I passed my interview. My oom is now 125. I went to an ex chief superintendent who does garda prep courses. Padraig Rattigan +353873535617

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

Anyone with OOM in 700’s been invited for interview yet?

Kaymoe31 wrote: »
    Anyone with OOM in 700’s been invited for interview yet?

Have a look through previous posts, i think they were up to around the 600's with invites?

For those who were in the first batch of interviews, how soon after you passed the interview did you get an e-mail with Form B?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

Have a look through previous posts, i think they were up to around the 600's with invites?

Yeah I seen that last week, just wondered was there any updates since, hoping to get an email in the next couple of weeks! Fingers crossed

For those who were in the first batch of interviews, how soon after you passed the interview did you get an e-mail with Form B?

4 weeks after it was.. have until the 9th to fill it out and send back

4 weeks after it was.. have until the 9th to fill it out and send back

As usual thanks a mill! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

I got told last Wednesday I passed the interview, I’m just wondering how long is it until you get sent the Form B or does anyone know how long till then you get called for the fitness test?
    I’m 285, I’m presuming I won’t be going into the end of November batch?

Ulrika15 wrote: »
    I got told last Wednesday I passed the interview, I’m just wondering how long is it until you get sent the Form B or does anyone know how long till then you get called for the fitness test?
    I’m 285, I’m presuming I won’t be going into the end of November batch?

Congrat's on passing the interview! :)

Be 4 weeks before you get form B, not sure how long after that then that you get called for the Physical and Medical.
    You also need to have the interview with the local Sergeant and SI.
    Also, Novembers batch this year is for the 2018 campaign and previous ones only as far as i know. The 2019 candidates will be sometime next year at the earliest I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Just recieved Form B, earlier on today :)

Just recieved Form B, earlier on today :)

Same here, arrived very quick considering only got word this day last week that i passed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Regarding form B, how much details and how far back in your family are they asking for? If you dont mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

If you Google search garda form B you can download it off the public jobs website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Lcass wrote: »
    Regarding form B, how much details and how far back in your family are they asking for? If you dont mind me asking.

Dates of birth and death for parents, siblings, grandparents (maternal and paternal) and aunts and uncles (maternal and paternal).
    If you have a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner, you will need same for them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

Congrat's on passing the interview! :)

Be 4 weeks before you get form B, not sure how long after that then that you get called for the Physical and Medical.
    You also need to have the interview with the local Sergeant and SI.
    Also, Novembers batch this year is for the 2018 campaign and previous ones only as far as i know. The 2019 candidates will be sometime next year at the earliest I'd imagine.

I got my Form B today by email, must of heard me talking :) Didn’t expect to get it for another 3 weeks going on the last batch. Hopefully it won’t be too long of a process.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Any update on what OOM it's up to. Last I heard was 600. Seems to be moving very fast this time around I'm in the late 700s and wasnt expecting to get called until next year some time but now with it moving so fast I'm not sure? Any info would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Kerryman88 wrote: »
    Any update on what OOM it's up to. Last I heard was 600. Seems to be moving very fast this time around I'm in the late 700s and wasnt expecting to get called until next year some time but now with it moving so fast I'm not sure? Any info would be great

I have my interview in 2 weeks and my OOM is 684

Hi guys, silly question but when filling out Form B and you do not have a partner, you just leave that section blank I presume? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement