Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who won summer? Season predictions

• 08-08-2019 6:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Transfer window is done. Who won? and what does that mean in terms of how well you think certain teams will do.

Personally I think Arsenal did the best business. Pepe has huge potential but Tierney & Luiz could be the difference in getting them back in the Champions league spots.

I think Spurs could close the gap on Liverpool as they have had a good window too having not lost anyone bar Trippier and bringing in 2 first choice midfielders in Lo Celso & N'Dombele and a guy with a lot of potential in Sessegnon to give them more rotation options.

City are just too good and have again added 2 more first choice players so I can't see beyond them as is.

1.Manchester City
    2.Liverpool
    3.Tottenham Hotspur
    4.Arsenal

Chelsea could not sign anyone and I will be very interested in how they develop but it is going to be the youth who need to step up for them to keep in European places imo. Losing Luiz at CB might not weaken the first team too much but it does the squad especially if they get any injuries. Similarly up front they will really be hoping someone like Tammy Abrahams makes the step up especially after losing Hazard.

Having not really replaced Lukaku Man Utd may not have enough to break back into the top 4 but AWB and Maguire no matter what they cost will improve them at the back and I think they will be the best of the rest.

5.Manchester United
    6.Chelsea

Wolves
    didn't add that much and as they will have European football as well I see them being satisfied by once again challenging for Europe and finishing top half.

Leicester are a team who could push on and challenge for Europe / top 6 but not replacing Maguire means they fall short a little bit. 80+m unspent won't get you the extra points needed.

Everton have probably shown the most ambition during the window of this group of teams and if any of these teams take Chelsea's top 6 spot that could be the difference. Delph, Sidibé , Kean & Iwobi might not wow people but they are being added to a pretty decent team filled with players like Sigurðsson, Schneiderlin, Richarlison, Bernard, André Gomes (now permanently)

7.Everton
    8.Leicester City
    9.Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Ham meanwhile always look to have decent players but flatter to decieve

Watford / West Ham was a hard choice, I think they have done well getting Wellbeck and Ismaila Sarr (not that I've honestly seen him play live) in at the end of the window

10.West Ham United
    11.Watford

As a Villa fan I'm being optimistic but going into January if were not in the relegation battle I think most will be happy. I think the RW / Striker they were still looking to bring in might come then but considering how many players were brought in and the inflated market most seem good value.

Palace keeping Zaha could be big for them as they probably wouldn't have been able to replace him. If Benteke can be got going and Cahill hasn't lost anything they shouldn't get puled into the battle below

And now im getting lazy and will just list out the rest

12.Aston Villa
    13.Newcastle United
    14.Crystal Palace
    15.Bournemouth

16.Southampton
    17.Burnley

18.Brighton and Hove Albion
    19.Norwich City
    20.Sheffield United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Newcastle are going down imo, they lost summer in all the ways it can be lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Dexter Nice Explosion

Top 4 - 1st City, 2nd Spurs, 3rd Liverpool and 4th Chelsea

5th United/6th Leicester/7th Arsenal -

Relegated, 18 Norwich, 19 Newcastle 20 Brighton - the Potter experiment will be a total flop

Surprises, Leicester, to crack the top 6, Sheffield United to stay up and Villa to be comfortably mid table. Chelsea's youngsters take their opportunity and hit the top4...]]
    Flop, Pepe will fail to live up to the hype and arsenal to continue to slide down, still poor defensively.

Champions League winner - Juve, Europa League Winner- United

First sack - Potter
    Shock prediction - one of Klopp/Pep to leave their club at the end of the season

Advertisement