Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn Off For St. James Hospital From Kilmainham

Options
  • 08-08-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,
    Any help would be very much appreciated. My wife will be driving her Mother to St. James Hospital tomorrow morning for an early appointment and just to be 100% certain I was showing her online. Unfortunately the hospital area and entrances are all under major construction on Google Street View.

She will come off the Chapelizod bypass and drive past Kilmainham Gaol and the Patriot's Inn on the SCR. Does the take the very next left or the one after that? Or maybe the one after that? :) Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

PaulieG wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any help would be very much appreciated. My wife will be driving her Mother to St. James Hospital tomorrow morning for an early appointment and just to be 100% certain I was showing her online. Unfortunately the hospital area and entrances are all under major construction on Google Street View.

She will come off the Chapelizod bypass and drive past Kilmainham Gaol and the Patriot's Inn on the SCR. Does the take the very next left or the one after that? Or maybe the one after that? :) Thanks in advance.

Yes take a left at union 8/apache, go another km down the road and the entrance is on the right up the hill.
    Pretty sure the back entrance from scr near the luas is closed due to construction

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

retalivity wrote: »
    Pretty sure the back entrance from scr near the luas is closed due to construction

Was still open two weeks ago at least when I had a trip to DDoc, no traffic changes since the work began afaik.

passed it on the SCR last weekend and seemed to be open

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall

Back entrance is open, but it's much simpler to use the main entrance.

take the first left after The Patriots, and go about 1km. You'll pass a petrol station on your left; up a slight hill and the entrance is on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is there definitely a right turn into James Hosp from Mount Brown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Yup, just at the spar there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah, have driven in that way a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just make sure you take the FIRST entrance to SJH on the right from Mount Brown, and don't go near the Luas line.

I swear to god I have seen many a car missing the first turn and driving on the Luas tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Just make sure you take the FIRST entrance to SJH on the right from Mount Brown, and don't go near the Luas line.

There is rarely a week that goes by that I don't see this. Or when someone stops at the second red light in yellow box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pinkhaze

Hi there, can I just check if I am coming the other way, can I turn left into James at that entrance? I've found Google maps to be unreliable recently and I too have to drive to James next week so just want to be sure I don't end up in the wrong place. Also if anyone knows of parking tends to be okay at 10am that would be great, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Pinkhaze wrote: »
    Hi there, can I just check if I am coming the other way, can I turn left into James at that entrance? I've found Google maps to be unreliable recently and I too have to drive to James next week so just want to be sure I don't end up in the wrong place. Also if anyone knows of parking tends to be okay at 10am that would be great, thank you.

So you’re coming from Thomas St/James St? Yes, easy to turn left into the hospital (as above though just make sure you don’t go into the luas ‘lane’)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

The car park costs a fortune make sure she has money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Pinkhaze wrote: »

Parking at 10 is mental, leave yourself plenty of time. You'd probably be better off using on street parking down the road.

Advertisement