Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX bike advise

Options
  • 08-08-2019 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Looking to buy a CX bike for my son for the coming season but don't want to break the bank, he rides a size S. Personally, I have absolutely no CX experience so am looking for advise please.

I was looking at either of the following: Ribble CX - SRAM Apex 1X or Planet X XLA - SRAM Apex 1X

Any advise appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Looking to get my first CX bike also and have my eye on the Planet X XLS SRAM Rival 1

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXXLSRIV1/planet-x-xls-sram-rival-1-cyclocross-bike

Try get something with:

Hydraulic disc brakes
    Single drive train, 1x or 1 ring up front
    Internal cables
    Consider going a size down from regular road bike

The Sram APex 1 looks a great choice and good value buying from the UK

But like I said, I'm not expert...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Big clearance sale in Planet X Athlone today and tomorrow. Clearing out all stock. I picked up and XLS frame this morning, great value. They had a few CX frames and bikes at that stage.

20% off the Planet X XLA - SRAM Apex 1X until Fri

https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/super-six-bikes?deal=SUPERSIX20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Great value and great bikes those Planet X's - my mate has one - don;t think you'll get a better deal to be honest with that spec
    And I'm pretty sure Planet X UK are doing £1 = €1 now

the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is the reviews, seems very hit and miss

• Advertisement
Advertisement