Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent Internet

Options
  • 08-08-2019 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭

having a problem with internet , past couple of days , and on and off over the last few months .

all is fine then just packs up . i check router and it confirms still connected
    487560.JPG

pinging google.com sometimes results in 50% packet loss

heres a screenshot of path ping.
    487562.JPG

can anyone enlighten me as to whats going on .
    would it be something on my end or is it eir?

thanks
    :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's not packet loss in the pics. It's common practice for major routers to drop ICMP by default. Whatever the issue you may have, this isn't it, and is unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Been having same problem here on Eir mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

That's not packet loss in the pics.
    It's common practice for major routers to drop ICMP by default. Whatever the issue you may have, this isn't it, and is unrelated.
    thanks

k ,so spent hours yesterday evening trying to find the culprit,
    tried an old Vodafone router i have, worked fine for an hour , then i realised the phone wasn't working , removed router and phone worked ...

(these are in separate locations) so went without the phone for the evening ( dont use it much anyway)

this morning put the tplink router back in play, phone worked and internet has been stable all day...
    conclusion . must have been working on lines somewhere . :rolleyes:

cant wait for fibre to be connected .

Advertisement