Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Those 2 euro commemorative coins

• 08-08-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭

Have an Italian student with us at the moment whose Gran collects these coins from around Europe.

So she's been tasked with coming home with some of these coins. Far as I can tell they are just limited edition coins in circulation but is it possible to walk in to a bank here and request those coins?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You're unlikely to even find them in a bank and would need someone very friendly behind the counter to even look for them. If it's only a few he needs he may as well go to a dealer and buy some uncirculated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I don't know if this is the place to post but there seems tobbe very little in boardsabout coin collecting. I'm not a collector but I observe with curiosity. I have a €2 coin woth no writing and two heads, a male and female. I would like to know what country. The two look vaguely like the Dutch king and maybe his predecessor. Does anybody know? Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

feargale wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the place to post but there seems tobbe very little in boardsabout coin collecting. I'm not a collector but I observe with curiosity. I have a €2 coin woth no writing and two heads, a male and female. I would like to know what country. The two look vaguely like the Dutch king and maybe his predecessor. Does anybody know? Thanks.

Pictures will help with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Spocker wrote: »
    Pictures will help with this

I've got it. It's the 2013 Netherlands Farewell to Beatrix €2 coin showing herself and the new king.
    I'm sorry, I can't do pics but if you are interested it can be googled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Check Ebay if you can't find any. You'll pay a bit more than €2 per coin but if there are loads in circulation it shouldn't be too much more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement