Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall type: Timber (Saran Wood, Bray)

Options
  • 08-08-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm wondering what "Wall Type: Timber" in BER details exactly mean? Is that a modern timber frame house?

To be specific, I'm looking at a terrace house, year of construction 2003 in Saran Wood, Bray. Some of the houses there show "Mixed Masonry/Timber" and some only "Timber".

If anybody knows, please share.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

irsy wrote: »
    I'm wondering what "Wall Type: Timber" in BER details exactly mean? Is that a modern timber frame house?

To be specific, I'm looking at a terrace house, year of construction 2003 in Saran Wood, Bray. Some of the houses there show "Mixed Masonry/Timber" and some only "Timber".

If anybody knows, please share.

Very possible timber frame.
    Your survey should pick up on it and make sure to mention to your Surveyor. Little extras should be checked such as the party wall up into the attic and making sure the party wall hasn’t been breached anywhere as a lot of people tend to chase holes for cables for wall mount tv’s etc

Advertisement