Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much data to you use per month

Options
  • 09-08-2019 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

how much data do you use per month on your mobile phone.

when i joined my current provider i was told that there was no way i would go above 2gb. it would be plenty

between wifi and mobile data i am using between 3 and 10 gb a month.

am i an outlier or how much data do you use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

On Vodafone my allowance is 20GB. So far I have left 19.45GB for 14 days. I have used 27.40GB over wifi. I only tend to use data when I am out driving or somewhere where there is no free wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Last month I used 133 GB of data on my phone, I usually use between 80 and 100 as I’m a extremely heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭Genghis

My allowance is 15Gb. I monitor every 2-3 days and I would use 0.4Gb to 0.5Gb daily, I would always be within 1Gb remaining on the last day of cycle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

200motels wrote: »
    Last month I used 133 GB of data on my phone, I usually use between 80 and 100 as I’m a extremely heavy user.

What network are you with?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Mobile, typically 100-200GB (Three PAYG) - lots of torrenting and streaming across 2 devices. Obviously a heavy user, but between Netflix, Spotify, Podcasts etc I would easily hit 20GB in a month.

WiFi, anywhere from 600GB -1TB a month - handful of devices, Netflix, Prime, IPTV etc.

Holy....

Would virgin mobile facilitate that kind of mobile data usage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I've had an unusually light week on the data, only used 2 GB. I'd usually be 7 or 8. 16gb on the WiFi this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

About 5 gigs in a month.

I think anything in the range of 100gb on a PAYG plan is scandalous.

Mr.S wrote: »
    How so? Different people have different levels of need. Same with fixed-line connections :confused:

That said, I have no idea why Three don't enforce their data limits, makes no sense.

Don't jinx it!

Who are we to question their ways?

As far as I'm concerned - more power to them!
    (plus let's face it - they have the majority of the student demographic wrapped up - and this is pretty much the reason why).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

What network are you with?
    I’m with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I have 10GB with Vodafone but sure I only use a fraction of that 'cos I've WiFi when I'm at home and at work and only use my data when elsewhere and there's no WIFI available, scrounger that I am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I have a 5gig data plan with Vodafone, and I max it out each month. I watch a lot of youtube and prime video on my phone during the day, but due to my cap, I am forced to watch videos 240p or 360p on youtube otherwise I max out my data.

Rang vodafone and asked with 5g around the corner, do they have unlimited data bill pay plans, and flat out said no.

Advertisement