Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

even more scarier it thats the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I just had a look at the pictures of the resort from the TripAdvisor link posted above and I am more baffled than I was before.

I just can't understand how she could have been either taken or wandered off without waking up anyone.
    Would it be beyond possibilty that the family, parents included were somehow drugged...perhaps by an employee or someone similar? Now that I type it, I know I sound absolutely ridiculous, sorry.
    But whenever I'm not in my own bed, even if it's a lovely 3 or 4 star hotel, id never sleep soundly, especially on the first night. From the pictures it would have been extremely difficult for an abductor...or Nora by herself, to not make noise. I suppose the long flight would cause them to sleep soundly. I just don't know, I'm stabbing in the dark here as everything at this stage just seems so unlikely, yet the poor girl is still missing.

I'm hoping for a breakthrough soon. Can't imagine how the poor family is at this stage.

I thought the same having seen the photos, difficult to even get down from the bedroom without making noise. I'd say it would be very tricky to be quiet in either case whether abduction or she walked out herself.

Its such a mystery, no obvious evidence and none of the scenarios are clear cut. I just hope they don't have to come home without her. It's a horrific situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The shaman is no better or worse than a priest saying mass and using incense.

No but the family is not helped by it and might still hurt to hear it even though it is a fantasy

However, the shaman, I assume, is not being malicious and really believes this so I can't say anything against him either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The other side if it is that the Police could believe that whoever knows what happened to Nora may believe in he Shamen.

Reading reviews the resort is small a max of 20 people staying and no staff after 7pm, gates into housing, 50 steps to one of the rooms

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    The other side if it is that the Police could believe that whoever knows what happened to Nora may believe in he Shamen.

This is true.

If there is a criminal element involved they or someone close to them maybe religious or superstitious.

Spooking them with shaman beliefs might unnerving them more than the reward would tempt them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

khalessi wrote: »
    Reading reviews the resort is small a max of 20 people staying and no staff after 7pm, gates into housing, 50 steps to one of the rooms

To me, jungle rainforest seems a strange place to holiday :o

I thought the same having seen the photos, difficult to even get down from the bedroom without making noise. I'd say it would be very tricky to be quiet in either case whether abduction or she walked out herself.

Its such a mystery, no obvious evidence and none of the scenarios are clear cut. I just hope they don't have to come home without her. It's a horrific situation.

You hit on something there. No obvious evidence - but no matter what happened there is evidence. There always is. There are clues there even if they can't see them.

Nobody can vanish without a trace and no one can commit a crime without leaving clues. It is just that no everyone is capable of finding or seeing those clues.

Each cottage has a gate? If so then the have a fence or wall or kind of barrier. Unless the gate was not locked this is further obstacle to Nóra leaving on her own.

The more I read about it and the more I learn about the child the more confusing it gets. She cannot have gone off by herself and even if she managed how could she get so far that local experts can find no trace. What would make her leave and endure whatever hardship she has in asking by herself? And is it possible that someone could enter the cottage and take her without leaving "obvious evidence" or creating a disturbance. Could someone who is nether guest or staff enter the resort without being noticed either in the day or at night?

i got the impression there was a gate to the residential areas which were close together separate from reception

• Advertisement

i got the impression there was a gate to the residential areas which were close together separate from reception

That is still a gate the someone had to get passed.

Where is the village where the residents heard the truck? Did people report it because it was unusual or because it wasn't but were just being thorough in answering question - nothing unusual about the truck just a fact there was a truck?

I told myself after getting upset last night I wasn't coming to the thread today. I just cannot stop thinking about it and keep praying for a TV show like twist with a happy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Each cottage has a gate? If so then the have a fence or wall or kind of barrier. Unless the gate was not locked this is further obstacle to Nóra leaving on her own.

The more I read about it and the more I learn about the child the more confusing it gets. She cannot have gone off by herself and even if she managed how could she get so far that local experts can find no trace. What would make her leave and endure whatever hardship she has in asking by herself? And is it possible that someone could enter the cottage and take her without leaving "obvious evidence" or creating a disturbance. Could someone who is nether guest or staff enter the resort without being noticed either in the day or at night?

The local police seem convinced Nora wasn't abducted from the resort and taken away by a stranger.

But it's an awful mystery and quite baffling.

Strazdas wrote: »
    The local police seem convinced Nora wasn't abducted from the resort and taken away by a stranger.

But it's an awful mystery and quite baffling.

Yes but based on what the family say the only logical explanation is that Nóra was taken.

As pointed out in previous posts Malaysian society is not very understanding of people with special needs. What if this has influenced their investigation? If they can't understand Nóra is not a "typical teenager"?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

You keep inserting snotty comments into your responses to people here. Can you please communicate like an adult?

I never said there wasn't a "big difference", I said it was possible that someone could have entered the cottage without being heard just as it was possible that Nóra left without being heard. I said it was possible that some someone got her to come the window.

The family were not disturbed by anything during the night. They say Nóra would not have left by herself. It makes no sense that someone came in and took her. It makes no sense that she walked out. It makes no sense she was called to the window. Yet she is gone.

Haven't children have been abducted from their homes before without the rest of the family being disturbed? Or at least without the parents hearing anything? I know there was a case years ago in the US where a girl was taken from her bed - the sister woke up but was too scared to move and the kidnapper left the house with the girl without the parents waking up.

You made a suggestion that her abductor May have called her to the window in order to take her. I merely asked how this would be possible. You haven’t answered how it could be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Is it possible that whoever took her intended to hold her for ransom but then the kidnapping went badly wrong when Nora woke up from the chloroform and couldn’t be pacified, the rest is too awful to describe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Are there animals in the surrounding resort, tigers etc? Poor girl I hope for the best but I fear the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hawley

Yes but based on what the family say the only logical explanation is that Nóra was taken.

As pointed out in previous posts Malaysian society is not very understanding of people with special needs. What if this has influenced their investigation? If they can't understand Nóra is not a "typical teenager"?

Her mother said that she's not able to dress herself or tie her own laces, so I'm sure that the Malaysian police understand that she's not a typical teenager. Sometimes the police will have extra information that they're basing their investigation on. Maybe that's why they're persisting with the search.

N365 wrote: »
    You made a suggestion that her abductor May have called her to the window in order to take her. I merely asked how this would be possible. You haven’t answered how it could be done.

You did not “merely ask” that however you do seem seem to have changed your attitude and “tone” so I’ll accept that as an admission that you have not behaved appropriately with other members and hope that is last time someone is disrespectful of the situation.

And you are wrong because I did answer that question. I said she might have been called to the window (lured would be a better word though) and that like other possibilities in this story it makes no sense. I thought it obvious that my meaning was that I did know how it was possible just like I don’t joe it is possible that someone could have entered the cottage unheard or how Nóra could have left unheard. The latter of which is made more complicated by the fact that Nóra has mobility issues,

I did suggest the window randomly or pick it out of them air. The open window has been mentioned both by posters here and in the media. It is a possible means of entry or exit - or may factor in in some other way.

It occurs to me now that the media have said the dogs lose Nóra’s scent a certain distance from the cottage. However I have seen whether the police have said what path the child took from the house? Have the dogs been able to tell which way she left the cottage? And how do the police tell which scent is hers from the previous day and which is hers in the night?

hawley wrote: »
    Her mother said that she's not able to dress herself or tie her own laces, so I'm sure that the Malaysian police understand that she's not a typical teenager. Sometimes the police will have extra information that they're basing their investigation on. Maybe that's why they're persisting with the search.

Others have soon some evidence that as a nation (not as individuals) that Malaysians do have have a good understanding of special needs.

If this is indeed the situation there then a lack of understanding of Nora’s condition may cause the police to disregard it.

Yes they may have more evidence to suggest the search was the best option but I’m just trying to understand why the focus so heavily on the jungle when the parents insist the child is not physically capable of making her way in the trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Field east

I heard that and apparently they rounded up some resort staff and the driver who brought the family to the resort.

I read no more so I assumed there was no match found.

I've been praying that there is more going on than the police are saying and hat maybe they have been letting the jungle search take the public spotlight while they are investigating a kidnapping too. Unfortunately I think that is just too many movies and cop shows on my part given unrealistic expectations.

I sincerely hope that that is the case. If the police did not treat it as a n abduction case from the beginning and it turns out to be one then the abductors can cover a lot of their tracts/ get further away. In that case they will be much harder to locate/ more time needed to do so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It seems to be that the parents consider it to be some sort of abduction at this point.To be honest, I think the situation points that way although I really struggle with understanding how either scenario might have happened....but the abduction one comes out on top more for me particularly as time goes on.

I really feel for her parents.What a living nightmare to be in.I can't imagine - don't want to imagine - the horror of it.So awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

splinter65 wrote: »
    Is it possible that whoever took her intended to hold her for ransom but then the kidnapping went badly wrong when Nora woke up from the chloroform and couldn’t be pacified, the rest is too awful to describe.

Could be, are they a wealthy family ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

There must be a trail or a road of some sort leading away from the resort. I dont believe she battled her way through the jungle when she was unsteady on her feet. That truck that was overheard may have been someone driving her out of there. Did any of the tourists there have transport? What are the odds of a stranger knowing she was there after one night? I thought she was in a room downstairs alone but someone here said she was in a room with her siblings. if she was upstairs in a room with others, someone had to get her out of it without making a sound unless she was capable of making her way downstairs by herself quietly. Where was the bathroom located? Perhaps she was looking for it and became disoriented. Still so many questions. How old are her siblings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

TheW1zard wrote: »

Yeah was reading about it on RTE ...
    The Associated Press reported a Malaysian shaman had joined in the search, adding that police released a video showing a shaman wearing a white skullcap performing rituals in the forest.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭Be right back

According to the Daily mail, a body has been found... apparently in some part that is hard to get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Ah God, terrible news. I just hope she died quickly and painlessly. Her poor parents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

According to the Daily mail, a body has been found... apparently in some part that is hard to get to.

Sad, but the person who wrote the headline is clueless "British teenager"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

You did not “merely ask” that however you do seem seem to have changed your attitude and “tone” so I’ll accept that as an admission that you have not behaved appropriately with other members and hope that is last time someone is disrespectful of the situation.

And you are wrong because I did answer that question. I said she might have been called to the window (lured would be a better word though) and that like other possibilities in this story it makes no sense. I thought it obvious that my meaning was that I did know how it was possible just like I don’t joe it is possible that someone could have entered the cottage unheard or how Nóra could have left unheard. The latter of which is made more complicated by the fact that Nóra has mobility issues,

I did suggest the window randomly or pick it out of them air. The open window has been mentioned both by posters here and in the media. It is a possible means of entry or exit - or may factor in in some other way.

It occurs to me now that the media have said the dogs lose Nóra’s scent a certain distance from the cottage. However I have seen whether the police have said what path the child took from the house? Have the dogs been able to tell which way she left the cottage? And how do the police tell which scent is hers from the previous day and which is hers in the night?

Please in no way accept that I am admitting that I have not behaved appropriately with other members. I have no idea what you are talking about anyway. Even if I was, isn't that the job of the moderators to sort out and not yours? Unless of course you are a moderator, are you? You also repeat yet again that she might have been called or lured to the window what you still haven't answered is how you think it might have been done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Field east

splinter65 wrote: »

Foreign police would have a lot to offer especially in relation to paedophile rings/networks, how they operate , communicate , etc etc.
    If if paedophilia is a little known activity in the country - either officially or unofficially- then such rings have an open door.
    Re the open window - is it not VERY possible that some insider or outsider had a copy of the keys needed to open the relevant doors/gates for the abductors use - if that’s what happened.
    People do exist that are very light on their feet. I’m sure that the individual/s involved ,if Nora was abducted, would not have been wearing heavy foot ware- were either barefooted or vert soft foot ware - paedophiles/abductors are professionals at their game. How many cases in Ireland have houses been robbed while the occupants were in situ and heard nothing. And what about pickpocketing - you are standing there wide awake , heard nothing and felt nothing and you eventually miss your wallet , etc,etc.

Advertisement