Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hopefully if this body is Nora, it was the result of an accident..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Reports of a body found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sad, but the person who wrote the headline is clueless "British teenager"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Although she had an Irish passport, She lived in London, probably for most her life. I’d say that’s a fair description.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 incaseiforget

Heartbreaking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

ted1 wrote: »
    Although she had an Irish passport, She lived in London, probably for most her life. I’d say that’s a fair description.

ok, wasn't aware. Explains why the UK were assisting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

N365 wrote: »
    Please in no way accept that I am admitting that I have not behaved appropriately with other members. I have no idea what you are talking about anyway. Even if I was, isn't that the job of the moderators to sort out and not yours? Unless of course you are a moderator, are you? You also repeat yet again that she might have been called or lured to the window what you still haven't answered is how you think it might have been done.

People have mentioned a body has been found and your idea of a response is about yourself?

And I did answer that question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Altough we all wish for Nóra to be safe it is now highly unlikely . But if at least a body is found her family can grieve and find some solace that she is not out there and they can’t find her . A living nightmare for everyone but I think finding her body would help the family at this stage . But we can still hope for a better outcome I guess

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Altough we all wish for Nóra to be safe it is now highly unlikely . But if at least a body is found her family can grieve and find some solace that she is not out there and they can’t find her . A living nightmare for everyone but I think finding her body would help the family at this stage . But we can still hope for a better outcome I guess

I was hmmming and hawwing about posting this exact post without trying to sound callous. But i 100% agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The police say the body is in a hard to access area. It makes you think Nora must not have wandered off then. I can't see the average 15 year old, let alone one with mobility issues, being able to navigate the terrain

If his announcement came from the police doesn't this mean that they are very sure it is Nora?

That is it not an adult or a local person and the death is recent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Honestly, I hope she is still alive and well, but if that is her body, I am just so glad it was found, we don't need another McCann situation where everyone starts turning on the parents because we don't know who else to blame, awful for the parents, but imagine never knowing

If his announcement came from the police doesn't this mean that they are very sure it is Nora?

That is it not an adult or a local person and the death is recent.

I'm pretty sure it is. They would have some indication by clothes or hair or what state the body was in.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm agrieved by the fact that there is no mention at all of this case on either BBC or Sky News. Nothing at all. Obviously the fact that a university is banning burgers on campus to help climate change is more more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

People have mentioned a body has been found and your idea of a response is about yourself?

And I did answer that question.

I was responding to you.
    It was also before I heard the terrible news.

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm agrieved by the fact that there is no mention at all of this case on either BBC or Sky News. Nothing at all. Obviously the fact that a university is banning burgers on campus to help climate change is more more important.

More important issues to be agreived about here other than what channel is covering the story

It is indeed heartbreaking and it is a thing often said that it is better to know what happened - I'm sure the family don't feel that way now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

It looks very sinister . Heartbreaking.

It is indeed heartbreaking and it is a thing often said that it is better to know what happened - I'm sure the family don't feel that way now though.

Agreed, you look at some of the cases on this Island of mothers and fathers never finding the remains of loved ones and spoke about how it ruined the rest of their lives with some now themselves deceased having never recovered their loved one

N365 wrote: »
    I was responding to you.
    It was also before I heard the terrible news.

Can you please stop? Waffling on about the rubbish of who said what is just beyond inappropriate.

You posted before seeing, that is understandable. The other stuff is insignificant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

A body has been found in an inaccessible area. The news we were all dreading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,950 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Was thinking this too , nicely said Iamwhoiam .
    Your heart would go out to the family , just an awful thing to happen , something you'd read about but never imagine it'd happen to you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Knine wrote: »
    A body has been found in an inaccessible area. The news we were all dreading.

Mrs O just got a text to say the same. Absolutely devastating news.

More important issues to be agreived about here other than what channel is covering the story

I'm sure antodeco is just perplexed at why the major outlets are not reporting on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

State Police chief Mohammed Yusop said: ‘I can confirm a body has been found in the Betembum mountains. It is not in an accessible place’. He added that forensic examination was needed to determine if it was male or female.

A spokesman for the Lucie Blackman Trust which is handling media enquiries for the family of the missing teenager said he is aware of reports that a body has been found in the search, adding that they are urgently seeking clarification.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/nora-quoirin-body-found-in-search-for-missing-irish-teenager-1.3984819

It's on BBC right now, and I've seen it mentioned over the weekend in bulletins :confused:

It is faster to get a story online and the Dail Mail, Irish Sun, etc don't really work to the same standards as the BBC, SKY News, etc.

I'm sure the BBC and the rest want to sure this information genuine first.

It's on BBC right now, and I've seen it mentioned over the weekend in bulletins :confused:

Over the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They’re speaking about it now on Ireland AM. Apparently no one else has been reported missing in the area. Very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,950 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's on Ireland Am now , the presenter is talking to someone in Malaysia about it .

Advertisement