Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Strazdas wrote: »
    The fact that she has special needs and had only just arrived in the resort makes me wonder is she was spooked by her new surroundings and wandered off into the rain forest.

Occam's razor. This is far more likely than an abduction taking place in such a remote area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

dd973 wrote: »
    Seems a bit odd to me to take a kid like her with disabilities out to such a far flung and divergent place, if it was just a basic holiday I'd have thought just going somewhere in Europe would suffice, especially with this sort of scenario occuring.[/quot

The parents obviously didn't understand their daughter's holiday requirements as well as the internet stranger.
    Kid like her... charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very sad case whatever happened. They have said that they got sniffer dogs in but her scent disappeared 100m from house + open window makes me think of abduction but could be totally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Seems a bit odd to me to take a kid like her with disabilities out to such a far flung and divergent place, if it was just a basic holiday I'd have thought just going somewhere in Europe would suffice, especially with this sort of scenario occuring.[/quot

The parents obviously didn't understand their daughter's holiday requirements as well as the internet stranger.
    Kid like her... charming.

what are you trying to say here?? they travel all over the world.. so they should well know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

mrmorgan wrote: »

what are you trying to say here?? they travel all over the world.. so they should well know

I accidentally attached my reply to the post I quoted- am in agreement with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I hope the girl is found.

There will be inevitable comparisons with Portugal before long I imagine if she is not found.

But hopefully she will be. I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

I can't imagine being that far from my home and culture having to contend with something like that..
    It must be a waking nightmare.
    You would imagine she would have been so excited about this holiday in a forest and saw it as an adventure,disorientated by jetlag/tiredness decided to wander off herself.Its the lesser of two evils anyway.

How common would child abduction/rape crime be in Malaysia?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,154 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The update just posted on the Go Fund Me page seems to be talking to people who might have her.
    It is a comprehensive list of her condition and particularly her needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Poor Nora. She must be missing her Mam so much wherever she is. Hoping every time I check the news that she will have been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Dear God I hope she will be found safe and well. I cannot imagine what her family have been going through this past week.

• Advertisement

Poor Nora. She must be missing her Mam so much wherever she is. Hoping every time I check the news that she will have been found.

It is just tragic and hard to get your head around, as a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

The update just posted on the Go Fund Me page seems to be talking to people who might have her.

Where are you getting this from?

SATSUMA wrote: »

We contributed to the go fund me appeal and my partner just got the update on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

SATSUMA wrote: »

If you search for Nora Quoirin Go Fund Me through Google it's the first link on page 1 of the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Seems a bit odd to me to take a kid like her with disabilities out to such a far flung and divergent place, if it was just a basic holiday I'd have thought just going somewhere in Europe would suffice, especially with this sort of scenario occuring.

Kids with disabilities and their siblings and parents should stick to a fortnight in Torremolinas?

fmpisces wrote: »
    If you search for Nora Quoirin Go Fund Me through Google it's the first link on page 1 of the results.

It may be just a precaution/hoping thing. Just struck me that they were trying to tell somebody something.

It’s a description of Nora and her life for people thinking of donating . I have no idea why you think it’s an effort to communicate with possible captors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

chicorytip wrote: »
    This is a strange case, some similarities to Madeleine McCann. My guess would be she left her room of her own volition, became lost and possibly trapped somewhere in the extremely dense vegetation which covers the locality and, after four days now, may well be dead.

With the kindest respect the vast majority of people who have spent the time to research the Madeline McCann fully believe the parents covered up a likely accidental death. I'd avoid comparisons at this stage. Rather hope there is a happy ending.

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s a description of Nora and her life for people thinking of donating . I have no idea why you think it’s an effort to communicate with possible captors.

I don't particularly need that info. A child is missing, I would have donated anyhow.

If somebody has her, and may be scared to release her, they need to know that info.

No big deal, just thinking out loud, we have contributed to other missing person causes and never got something quite so specific or prescriptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Echoes of another missing girl in Portugal. But let's see.

I hope she is found safe and well.

Anyone with half a heart would want her to be found safe and well. As I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I don’t know but I imagine the parents would have to be questioned. It would be remiss to not. Like Michaela Harte’s husband. It’s just a formality. I’m not following the case really so I’m not sure whether they were questioned or not has been revealed.

For one thing, they need to investigate the possibility of there having been an argument or disagreement between the child and her parents and to try and form an opinion as to her state of mind before she went to her room. It's five days now since her disappearance. Had she just disappeared into the jungle I think she would have been found long before now given that experienced local trekkers are involved in the search. It's unlikely she could have travelled very far from the lodge anyway particularly if she was in her night attire, so this would lend more credence to the theory she may have been abducted.

It is just such a helpless situation.

Well actually, if the corrupt Malaysia police force could be over-come, there might actually be an outcome here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I don't particularly need that info. A child is missing, I would have donated anyhow.

If somebody has her, and may be scared to release her, they need to know that info.

No big deal, just thinking out loud, we have contributed to other missing person causes and never got something quite so specific or prescriptive.

I agree with FrancieBrady. I felt it read that way too. Also, the mention of Cat Bingo (I don't know what that is?) and the colourful jumpers could be an attempt to humanise her in the eyes of someone who may have her.

I don't think it's crazy to imagine that her parents, seeing as they don't know where she is or if she has been abducted, would opt to cover as many bases as possible.

This is a strange case, some similarities to Madeleine McCann. .

In what way exactly?

I see nothing in parallel to the M McC case, besides a daughter missing from her distraught parents- so do please enlighten us all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

For one thing, they need to investigate the possibility of there having been an argument or disagreement between the child and her parents and to try and form an opinion as to her state of mind before she went to her room. It's five days now since her disappearance. Had she just disappeared into the jungle I think she would have been found long before now given that experienced local trekkers are involved in the search. It's unlikely she could have travelled very far from the lodge anyway particularly if she was in her night attire, so this would lend more credence to the theory she may have been abducted.

I read that the parents have been questioned. Having been following the news and I have to say that I have a great deal of admiration for the police and indigenous people of Malaysia.

I do not think she was abducted. It would have been a near impossibilty to carry her down a spiral staircase from a bedroom she shared with a her sister and brother without waking the parents who slept on the ground floor. Also it would have been difficult for her to wander out through the open window with her documented mobility problems. Her parents too have been adamant that she is shy and nervous and would never wander off alone.

It is a mystery for sure.

Am praying for a happy outcome for Nora and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

In what way exactly?

I see nothing in parallel to the M McC case, besides a daughter missing from her distraught parents- so do please enlighten us all. :)

Oh please spare us. .No more Maddie McCann please. She was never a missing child.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    With the kindest respect the vast majority of people who have spent the time to research the Madeline McCann fully believe the parents covered up a likely accidental death. I'd avoid comparisons at this stage. Rather hope there is a happy ending.

The vast majority of people who matter (hundreds of detectives from two professional police forces from two different countries spending 1000s of hours trawling the evidence) who have taken the time to research the disappearance of M McCann know that her parents didn’t cover up an accidental death, not the least of which because they, like you, cannot find anything even approaching a believable timeline without delving spectacularly into the realms of science fiction.
    Please don’t refer me or anyone else to your “Police Files” ridiculously selective, out of all context, nonsense.
    Unless you can give us a basic where when how and why of how the McCanns supposedly killed Madeleine and disappeared her then your just another conspiracy theorist. With no theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's a very strange case. How long do you reckon it'll be before the tabloids turn on the parents?

Who needs the tabloids - just read some of the posts here for gutter style comments.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Oh please spare us. .No more Maddie McCann please. She was never a missing child.

I didn't bring the subject up, so get back in your box there foxy.!

• Advertisement

Advertisement