Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    State Police chief Mohammed Yusop said: ‘I can confirm a body has been found in the Betembum mountains. It is not in an accessible place’. He added that forensic examination was needed to determine if it was male or female.

A spokesman for the Lucie Blackman Trust which is handling media enquiries for the family of the missing teenager said he is aware of reports that a body has been found in the search, adding that they are urgently seeking clarification.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/nora-quoirin-body-found-in-search-for-missing-irish-teenager-1.3984819

They need forensics to identify gender? It sounds like there is particularly horrible details to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

A nightmare from start to finish.
    That poor family.

At least she has been found,the family can in time,gain some closure.

If the body had never been recovered, the raw pain would be eternal.

RIP Nora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

This is so very sad and I cannot imagine what the family are going through but now that a body has been found I can’t but hope it might be Nora. The thoughts of never knowing what happened to her must be worse. Although both options are horrendous.

They’re speaking about it now on Ireland AM. Apparently no one else has been reported missing in the area. Very sad.

If they need forensics to identify the gender maybe the body is there longer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

They need forensics to identify gender? It sounds like there is particularly horrible details to come.

I wouldn't read too much in to that as in the Jungle is full of all sorts of creatures that could have caused any number of injuries after death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It is faster to get a story online and the Dail Mail, Irish Sun, etc don't really work to the same standards as the BBC, SKY News, etc.

I'm sure the BBC and the rest want to sure this information genuine first.

I'm talking about literally NO news about this story at all. This isn't me going "there's more important stories out there". A 15 year old "London based girl, who's parent is from Belfast" is missing. The more media outlets that share this, the more likely some form of information may turn up.

There are alot of UK based people in Malaysia. The more people that are aware of this story the more information they potentially could receive.

I haven't seen it on the BBC or Sky News site at all. (Not just the piece about the body).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If they need forensics to identify the gender maybe the body is there longer.

The body is intact according to a Malaysia paper, the parents were called to identify her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm talking about literally NO news about this story at all. This isn't me going "there's more important stories out there". A 15 year old "London based girl, who's parent is from Belfast" is missing. The more media outlets that share this, the more likely some form of information may turn up.

There are alot of UK based people in Malaysia. The more people that are aware of this story the more information they potentially could receive.

I haven't seen it on the BBC or Sky News site at all. (Not just the piece about the body).

They have had several stories about her and have just added a story about a body being found.

I wouldn't read too much in to that as in the Jungle is full of all sorts of creatures that could have caused any number of injuries after death.

That is one of the horrible things I meant.

I know it is just nature at work, but not something I had thought of and not something anyone would want to see. The poor parents having to identify her is bad enough, but seeing that - I can't imagine i.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They have had several stories about her and have just added a story about a body being found.

I see that now on BBC (hadn't seen any story prior to this on the site)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I see that now on BBC (hadn't seen any story prior to this on the site)

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-49321880/nora-quoirin-s-mum-says-family-s-hearts-are-breaking

links to their prior stories are also here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Story has regularly been on Sky & BBC news since Friday. Not amongst the lead items but 30/60 second slots. Probably just one of those things where it just happened never to be on whilst you were watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

Can you please stop? Waffling on about the rubbish of who said what is just beyond inappropriate.

You posted before seeing, that is understandable. The other stuff is insignificant.

You are posting after this news. Please show some respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

According to the police sources, the body was found fully intact.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop has now confirmed the discovery, which he said was from a public report received at 1.57pm of a body in the jungle around The Dusun resort from which Nora Anne went missing.

“We arrived at 2.30pm and I can confirm we found a body... white skin colour; my forensics and pathology (teams) are now checking at the scene.

“Body still intact,” he said.

I've not had the news on in very limited capacity this week - don't want the kids hearing it and my mother also stopped watching - but I had assumed the BBC and Sky had major coverage on it. Sky News alone puts big stories on an endless repeating loop even when they have no details to report - I assumed they were doing this story 24/7/

That is one of the horrible things I meant.

I know it is just nature at work, but not something I had thought of and not something anyone would want to see. The poor parents having to identify her is bad enough, but seeing that - I can't imagine i.

If she has wandered out the most likely cause of death would be dehydration, the humidity and heat would be unbearable for most adults let alone a child. Post Mortem will tell us anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

If she has wandered out the most likely cause of death would be dehydration, the humidity and heat would be unbearable for most adults let alone a child. Post Mortem will tell us anyway

But the police chief said the body was found in an inaccessible place in the mountains.
    That sounds like abduction and murder - at least at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Terrain aswell jungles are full of concealed steep drops and trip hazards.

But the police chief said the body was found in an inaccessible place in the mountains.
    elfy4eva wrote: »
    Terrain aswell jungles are full of concealed steep drops and trip hazards.

Second may answer first

• Advertisement

N365 wrote: »
    You are posting after this news. Please show some respect.

I acknowledged that you posted before seeing the story and that was basically an apology for saying you are behaving callously in that particular instance. I'm not interested in any previous remarks.

I'm not interested in petty "point scoring" so just accept I said I was wrong and please leave it at that. If you do need communicate please PM me and we can keep it off the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Now that a body has been found, the time for wild speculation has ceased.

Let the post mortem dictate the truth please.

I was told last night that Nóra had problems with mobility. I don't think anyone knows the full details on that but it sounds like she could not get far on her own,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

How.. have you ever gotten lost in a forest, as a an adult it's happened to me on a trail and lucky for me I was on a bike at the time but I still panicked a bit. On foot it's very easy to loose your way, there are no trails and looks like she might have wandered out in the excitement of the trip like some normal teens would do. I hope anyway. RIP. Very sad news.

I was told last night that Nóra had problems with mobility. I don't think anyone knows the full details on that but it sounds like she could not get far on her own,

No point in speculating really, the truth (or cause of death) will be known soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Sad news, poor child poor family

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Poor girl.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Uncharted wrote: »
    Now that a body has been found, the time for wild speculation has ceased.

Let the post mortem dictate the truth please.

Hold your horses.
    That's not wild speculation, that's a possible outcome due to the 'inaccessible location'.

PS I'm njot getting into a tit for tat with you or anyone else.
    This is a live thread about Nora's disappearance adn what may have happened.

No point in speculating really, the truth (or cause of death) will be known soon

No but is very difficult to stop thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This case really got to me; of course any case of a missing child is horrible, but I don't know why this partuclar one had me thinking about it a lot.

RIP Nora :(

Advertisement