Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

RIP Nora. Thank God she’s been found. As tragic as it is it’s nothing compared to the family not knowing where she is.
    I sincerely hope she fell and hit her head or something similar and didn’t suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭phill106

Always hoped it wouldnt go this way, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

RIP Nóra. Obviously an absolutely horrific tragedy for the family but, at least they have Nóra back and they can bury her and mourn her and hopefully the discovery will lead to some answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭abff

This is just so sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Hold your horses.
    That's not wild speculation, that's a possible outcome due to the 'inaccessible location'.

PS I'm njot getting into a tit for tat with you or anyone else.
    This is a live thread about Nora's disappearance adn what may have happened.

Since the start of the thread practically every post has been speculation.

I'm sure Uncharted didn't mean anything by "wild".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,683 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Very sad news. She was found only 2km away. Just hoping now that it was natural causes.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

That's not wild speculation, that's a possible outcome due to the 'inaccessible location'.

It's a tragedy.
    Not a Netflix series or a cheap soap opera.

Anyway, each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CelticSeaShip

Why the Rips for Nora? My understanding of the last few posts is that a body has been found. It still hasn't been identified and identified as Nora. The body could be unrelated to this search.

God Rest Her. Thoughts with her family

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Why the Rips for Nora? My understanding of the last few posts is that a body has been found. It still hasn't been identified and identified as Nora. The body could be unrelated to this search.

There was nobody else confirmed missing in the area and the parents where asked to identify the remains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

If it is her which seems likely I am glad in a way that at least the family have her body and can grieve. Feeling very sad for them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah god love them.Heartbreaking.
    As you say though fits, it's closure of some sort, however poor.

The police made the announcement and I don't think they'd have done that unless they quite certain it was Nóra. If it was a body unrelated to the case they'd have said so, I believe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

But the police chief said the body was found in an inaccessible place in the mountains.
    That sounds like abduction and murder - at least at first glance.

There are animals in rainforests......not all small ones....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm agrieved by the fact that there is no mention at all of this case on either BBC or Sky News. Nothing at all. Obviously the fact that a university is banning burgers on campus to help climate change is more more important.

It's the leading story on both websites. Just because they take a few minutes to fact check before publishing a story doesn't mean there is some conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Feared this outcome.

If it had to be this sad end, this is the outcome I would wish for the family. To have never found her would have been intolerable and while they will never recover they may be able to rebuild something out of this tragedy.

RIP Nora.

RIP

When I read yesterday about the Shaman getting involved, while my first response was roll eyes, his quote below sort of stopped me in my tracks a little- it was as if he was being put forward as some sort of mediator between the police and potentially anyone who knew something about her disappearance- his words are quite prophetic given the news this morning.
    In another article in the daily mail just now, a reporter spoke to two volunteers earlier who said they were off to search the waterfall as Nora said she was looking forward to seeing a waterfall- I don’t recall this ever been reported to date. Given the inaccessibility of the waterfall, it would be impossible to find it on her own.

I hope the investigation and postmortem at this stage is thorough and up to industry standards- I do hope it is the case that she got there by herself but I don’t see how she could currently.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4434217/missing-nora-quoirin-15-was-taken-by-a-genie-claims-malaysian-shaman-brought-in-by-cops-to-crack-case/

Shaman Mohamad claimed: "Tonight I will ask for the spirit to return her from where (she was taken) and the condition they took her but they will ask for something in exchange.

"That will be between me and them. Most important now, the child will be released."

The Shaman added: "She is here now, so we will stay here tonight to see if we can find her then we can know why she went missing."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

It said she was found in an inaccessible area of the jungle, in the mountains, how could she have gotten there?

RIP

When I read yesterday about the Shaman getting involved, while my first response was roll eyes, his quote below sort of stopped me in my tracks a little- it was as if he was being put forward as some sort of mediator between the police and potentially anyone who knew something about her disappearance- his words are quite prophetic given the news this morning.
    In another article in the daily mail just now, a reporter spoke to two volunteers earlier who said they were off to search the waterfall as Nora said she was looking forward to seeing a waterfall- I don’t recall this ever been reported to date. Given the inaccessibility of the waterfall, it would be impossible to find it on her own.

I hope the investigation and postmortem at this stage is thorough and up to industry standards- I do hope it is the case that she got there by herself but I don’t see how she could currently.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4434217/missing-nora-quoirin-15-was-taken-by-a-genie-claims-malaysian-shaman-brought-in-by-cops-to-crack-case/

Shaman Mohamad claimed: "Tonight I will ask for the spirit to return her from where (she was taken) and the condition they took her but they will ask for something in exchange.

"That will be between me and them. Most important now, the child will be released."

The Shaman added: "She is here now, so we will stay here tonight to see if we can find her then we can know why she went missing."

This line made me kind of chuckle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

It said she was found in an inaccessible area of the jungle, in the mountains, how could she have gotten there?

Fell down into it maybe?

shesty wrote: »
    There are animals in rainforests......not all small ones....

There is more to it though - as I understand it the dogs lose Nóra's scent on the path outside the house before the treeline, they have expert trackers on the search who can identify animal movements and spot blood.

Even if there was too much activity by the first searchers an expert would find something in the tress at some stage.

Maybe they did and that was why the police decided a search was the best option but they simply did not make the details public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

I was hmmming and hawwing about posting this exact post without trying to sound callous. But i 100% agree

We were all hoping for a breakthrough, however this isn't the breakthrough we were hoping for. And yes, in a way, if we were to really try to pick out a positive in such a nightmare, it would be that there is some sort of closure for the family.

Very upsetting news this morning

This line made me kind of chuckle

Whatever the term; I think you know what I mean.

Fell down into it maybe?

No details yet on where they found her but it must be far if the locals couldn't find her all last week. However inaccessible the spot is, if it was close they'd have surely checked it by now.

Whatever the term; I think you know what I mean.

I do! No malice on my part

There is more to it though - as I understand it the dogs lose Nóra's scent on the path outside the house before the treeline, they have expert trackers on the search who can identify animal movements and spot blood.

Even if there was too much activity by the first searchers an expert would find something in the tress at some stage.

Maybe they did and that was why the police decided a search was the best option but they simply did not make the details public.

I know, but to be honest I am not going to speculate further on details of how or why she might have ended up there.

I got the impression all along the police are not saying much more than they have to anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Wanted this one to end differently, was hoping for a happy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Wanted this one to end differently, was hoping for a happy ending.

I'd seen the reports of this earlier in the week, I had a feeling this was the only way it was going to end considering the time that had passes and terriritoty she went missing in. At least they found her and the parents will get some closure for what its worth. Better than the agony of never knowing.

RIP.

• Advertisement

RIP

I don't believe in spirits and such but if the shaman genuinely believes in this and is not kind of can artist it is kind of a nice thing to say. Maybe it is for the comfort go the locals as much as for the family.

Not really very different to a Catholic priest saying something.

Advertisement