Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Found 2.4km from resort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

shesty wrote: »
    I know, but to be honest I am not going to speculate further on details of how or why she might have ended up there.

I got the impression all along the police are not saying much more than they have to anyway.

Everything here is speculation and police in this part of world also only reveal the details they need to.

Very difficult to not think about it and I'm posting here rather say things my kids might hear

My wife is not happy I've been online so much and she is probably right that doing so is making me think about it more. I'm going to stop for a while.

Very sad situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well at least they've found her..... her parents don't have to go through the torture of not knowing like countless others do

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Devastating, if it is her I just hope she passed away quickly, don't want to imagine the alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,098 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

fryup wrote: »
    well at least they've found her..... her parents don't have to go through the torture of not knowing like countless others do

RIP

Not confirmed yet!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Not confirmed yet!!

All but has been apart from the formal indentification.

RIP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Not confirmed yet!!

Family members from Belfast have posted RIP on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Found 2.4km from resort.

That's not far and only found now :confused:

If it is her body, RIP, I hope she did not suffer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/08/13/body-found-in-search-for-missing-irish-teen-parents-brought-to-scene/1780254
    “We arrived at 2.30pm and I can confirm we found a body... white skin colour; my forensics and pathology (teams) are now checking at the scene.

“Body still intact,” he said.

A heavy police presence is occupying the area, with personnel from the K-9 unit, sexual crimes division, and forensics team present.

The Lucie Blackman Trust has also confirmed the discovery, adding that it “seems likely” that the body belongs to the teenager.

“At this time we cannot confirm it is Nora. However it sadly seems likely. Investigations are underway to confirm identity and cause of death,” it said in a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Poor kid, rest her soul. RIP. X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

RIP, at least the family will have some closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,950 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sad , just glad for her family's sake that they found her body , RIP beautiful young girl .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

RIP. So very sad. Comfort in that she was found and they can have a nice resting place for her, but still very sad news.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I must say that policeman comes across as highly professional and thorough, he could show some of ours a thing or too.
    Very impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/08/13/found-in-swamp-police-send-helicopter-to-retrieve-body-believed-to-be-of-mi/1780314
    “The terrain leading to the location where the body was discovered cannot be reached using trucks or any other vehicle. As it is surrounded by a swamp, and it will be difficult for the operations team to bring out the body.

“That is why we have requested for the helicopter, we will place the body on stretcher and lift it,” the anonymous source told Malay Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

So is it misadventure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So is it misadventure?

This won’t be known until an autopsy is performed which could take days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Desperately sad news :( This was the fear all along though, that she would be found dead in the rain forest.....the police were right to go with this theory

votecounts wrote: »
    RIP, at least the family will have some closure.

Indeed, it would have been far worse for the family if she had never been found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have removed some needless posts.

Please be mindful there is a grieving family with Irish members. Please be respectful until such time as more detail is formally released.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am heartbroken for the family. Just horrendous stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Strazdas wrote: »
    Desperately sad news :( This was the fear all along though, that she would be found dead in the rain forest.....the police were right to go with this theory

Yes, terrible outcome but well done to all of the people who helped look for her. They really were tireless and the response seemed to be very good and quick, especially considering its such a remote area.

There is a river that runs nearby the resort, I wonder does this lead to the waterfall area where she has been found?

Awful as it is, at least her family have her and won't have to spend the rest of their lives not knowing where she is.

RIP Nora.

Sorry didn't realise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

This has already been removed by MOD

This has already been removed by MOD

Deleted. Can you do same. Didn't realise the details when I posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Yes, terrible outcome but well done to all of the people who helped look for her. They really were tireless and the response seemed to be very good and quick, especially considering its such a remote area.

There is a river that runs nearby the resort, I wonder does this lead to the waterfall area where she has been found?

Awful as it is, at least her family have her and won't have to spend the rest of their lives not knowing where she is.

RIP Nora.

I read somewhere that the body was found near water, but not in water.

Nora falling into a river is something they would have been aware of but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Strazdas wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the body was found near water, but not in water.

Nora falling into a river is something they would have been aware of but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Source?

• Advertisement

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4434217/missing-nora-quoirin-15-was-taken-by-a-genie-claims-malaysian-shaman-brought-in-by-cops-to-crack-case/

Shaman Mohamad claimed: "Tonight I will ask for the spirit to return her from where (she was taken) and the condition they took her but they will ask for something in exchange.

"That will be between me and them. Most important now, the child will be released."

The Shaman added: "She is here now, so we will stay here tonight to see if we can find her then we can know why she went missing."
    Am I reading too much into it, or does it sound like he was in contact with abductors and arranged for the body to be returned to the location?

Maybe he was genuinely talking about spirits. Just sounds a bit funny.

Advertisement