Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Source?

I think it was in one of the links a couple of pages back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Am I reading too much into it, or does it sound like he was in contact with abductors and arranged for the body to be returned to the location?

Maybe he was genuinely talking about spirits. Just sounds a bit funny.

So she was taken and returned to an inaccessible area? Make some sense please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

BBC just announced that Nora's parents have identified her body. Such an awful, awful thing to have to do.

RIP Nora

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

The policeman said in his press interview that she was being flown from "the crime scene". How incredibly sad. She was also found without the nightdress she was wearing the night she disappeared. I hope no evil befell her and that she just wandered off of her own accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I read that genie (jin) nonsense last night I wondered wtf they were at making a mockery out of a missing disabled child but I’m now thinking it was strategic. The locals clearly fear and respect the shaman and will fear the repercussions more than they would accept the money. Can’t help but think it’s no coincidence she was found after what the shaman said last night. I don’t believe for a second she wandered off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

The policeman said in his press interview that she was being flown from "the crime scene". How incredibly sad. She was also found without the nightdress she was wearing the night she disappeared. I hope no evil befell her and that she just wandered off of her own accord.

Me too, or you'll get that poster saying it was the parents fault in the first place for bringing her to a rain forest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sardonicat wrote: »
    BBC just announced that Nora's parents have identified her body. Such an awful, awful thing to have to do.

RIP Nora

Link? I can't see it on the BBC website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

kingtut wrote: »

Think it was TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

RIP. Very sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I saw it on BBC news channel on television

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-13/body-found-in-malaysia-as-search-teams-hunt-for-missing-british-schoolgirl-nora-quoirin/

Article just updated said family have confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h anam

Rest in peace Nóra

So she was taken and returned to an inaccessible area? Make some sense please
    As in: The abductor has made contact (or been put in touch with) the local Shaman because he regrets his actions. Or someone in the abductor's family discovered their involvement and compelled them to come forward. If a Shaman has a role in society akin to a priest, that may be their first point of contact rather than the police.

So what i'm speculating is that the Shaman has told them they need to return the body to appease the spirits and give closure to the family. By his own words he has given them something in exchange.

"Tonight I will ask for the spirit to return her from where (she was taken) and the condition they took her but they will ask for something in exchange.
    "That will be between me and them. Most important now, the child will be released."

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoife2017

I cannot begin to comprehend what that family are going through. I hope that they get some peace out of finally having her back even if it was the outcome no one wanted.

All I want to do now is to go home and give my little girl a hug. Life is so frail.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have read two slightly different versions of the story...one is that she was found by hikers out searching, and the other is that a phonecall to the hotline tipped them off to the body location in the area.I can't remember exactly where I saw each but I have only seen the Independent, IT, and Sky news on and off during the day so it was on one of them.

If there was a phonecall to a hotline, that paints a very different picture of this.Horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

My heart sank reading that news alert. Sweet fúcking jesus what is wrong with people to do that to anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Bob Harris wrote: »
    My heart sank reading that news alert. Sweet fúcking jesus what is wrong with people to do that to anyone.

Do what? We don't know what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭Be right back

May she rest in peace. It's terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

heartbreaking

Do what? We don't know what happened

Local police mention a crime scene.....

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    I have read two slightly different versions of the story...one is that she was found by hikers out searching, and the other is that a phonecall to the hotline tipped them off to the body location in the area.I can't remember exactly where I saw each but I have only seen the Independent, IT, and Sky news on and off during the day so it was on one of them.

If there was a phonecall to a hotline, that paints a very different picture of this.Horrible stuff.

I don’t know how reliable this source is but it’s on similar lines to what you claim you read/heard.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/08/13/cops-say-very-certain-body-found-nude-in-jungle-is-missing-irish-teen/1780323

He also confirmed a group of volunteers during the search and rescue came across the body after they were tipped off by an individual in the area.

Police did not divulge further on the man who is said to have tipped off the volunteer, saying he will call for another press conference soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

I've just heard on the radio (2fm) that her body was found "naked". Not sure if that has been confirmed as nobody here appears to have mentioned it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Local police mention a crime scene.....

As a death has occurred. Nothing to suggest from family or police.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have read it.
    I haven't time to pinpoint which news article I read it in, but I am 100% sure.I just wasn't clear on whether it meant that the hiker called it in to the line, or it came from an external source.It seemed to imply an external source, but wasn't quite clear.

As a death has occurred. Nothing to suggest from family or police.

We're not reading from the same sources so. Lot's of indicators of foul play.
    Anyway, best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Heartbreaking. It's on the main page of the dailymail that she was found naked by a volunteer hiker. I read the area was previously searched and volunteers do not know how they would have missed it. It does look like foul play. RIP Nora and heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

When I read that genie (jin) nonsense last night I wondered wtf they were at making a mockery out of a missing disabled child but I’m now thinking it was strategic. The locals clearly fear and respect the shaman and will fear the repercussions more than they would accept the money. Can’t help but think it’s no coincidence she was found after what the shaman said last night. I don’t believe for a second she wandered off.

Think your mixing up Shamanism with Catholicism. Shamans don't seek to be feared.

I think the money has played a big part in this tragic story.

shesty wrote: »
    I have read it.
    I haven't time to pinpoint which news article I read it in, but I am 100% sure.I just wasn't clear on whether it meant that the hiker called it in to the line, or it came from an external source.It seemed to imply an external source, but wasn't quite clear.

One of the news bulletins, I think it was RTÉ, described how someone approached some soldiers and alerted them that they had found a body.

Maybe this was the “tip off” they’re referring to in the article above and that it’s just badly written- however, the way the article is worded, Im reading it as there was a tip off and that resulted in the rescuers finding of the body- that’s somewhat different. Coupled with the story of a volunteer, “Shirley”, stating they were going as a group to a waterfall- that again is a little strange. Hopefully they’ll do another press conference soon and confirm the exact details of how she was found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Eddie B wrote: »
    Think your mixing up Shamanism with Catholicism. Shamans don't seek to be feared.

I think the money has played a big part in this tragic story.
    They don’t seek to be feared but Muslims will fear jinns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

venusdoom wrote: »
    Heartbreaking. It's on the main page of the dailymail that she was found naked

Maybe I'm reading the wrong daily mail front page, but I have read their article twice and see no mention of this

Advertisement