Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people you have met/chat with

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It's not Prestbury in Cheshire is it?

Wilmslow most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

I getting flash backs to an incident a good few years ago out in a pub/club. Out one night and this random girl was convinced I was some minor celebrity (obviously must have looked like him). Now she had been quizzing my buddies beforehand and they just told me well, not to deny it. She spent ages looking at me from a distance all doe eyed.

For the life of me I cannot remember who I was meant to look like but it was some minor celebrity that I had never even heard of.

Probably Jordan Belfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I getting flash backs to an incident a good few years ago out in a pub/club. Out one night and this random girl was convinced I was some minor celebrity (obviously must have looked like him). Now she had been quizzing my buddies beforehand and they just told me well, not to deny it. She spent ages looking at me from a distance all doe eyed.

For the life of me I cannot remember who I was meant to look like but it was some minor celebrity that I had never even heard of.

Iain Dowie? :pac:

sport-preview-iain-dowie-sane.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C620px%2C413px&resize=1200%2C800&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Kieron Ducie in The ROYAL DUBLIN Hotel that was on O'connell Street years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Met most of the irish rugby team a couple of times working in a nightclub in Galway, and generally found them grand. Good bit of leppin around and picking each other up but nothing worse. Usually got to say a quick hello to them after closing as they wouldnt be thrown out straight away, generally found them sound, even Heaslip who everybody seems desperate to put down for some reason😂

Edit Met Michael ó Muirheartaigh a few times through herself as well. Absolute gent and just as spellbinding of a voice in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

He's about as famous as my neighbour's cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

spurshero wrote: »
    Wouldn’t take a genius to work out Zoe ball and Paul Merson

It's Kate Lawlor he's talking about i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,048 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Didn't he try to get himself on podge and Rodge show and they told him to feck off sick f*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I've got a few:

My son went to the same middle school as Michael Douglas/Catherine Zeta Jone's son Dylan, although he's a year older than my son. Met both at various soccer games and plays that our sons did together. She's much more outgoing than him and easy to chat with although my wife talked more to her than I did. He's very short, but I had a good chat with him once about Ireland when he picked up on my accent.

Chris Darden who was one of the prosecutors in the OJ case. He wrote a book and was giving a lecture about it nearby and I happened to be volunteering at the event. It's about 20 years ago now but had a good 10 minute chat about OJ. He definitely did it.

Numerous local US politicians that you may not be interested in like US Senators Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, Rep Jim Himes, Joe Lieberman.

Chatted with Brendan Grace RIP once in the old Gold Circle lounge at JFK. Also met Brenda Fricker there on another occasion.

Stood behind Dylan McDermott in line at a breakfast buffet once. He likes waffles.

Pretty much the entire Irish rugby team from around 2007 on tour and on the lash.

All sorts of mischief and antics that can never be put down in writing.

I'm sure it can be put in writing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Met Johnny Giles at a Newstalk off the ball live in the Radisson in Galway a few years ago, we were at the bar & he was sitting across from us, just chatted about Galway & how good the show was, lovely person, also at Ozzfest when it was in Punchestown I met the lead singer (now deceased) off Drowning Pool Dave Williams, asking us were we having a good time etc so relaxed & just hanging out.

Finally again in Galway met ex Connacht Rugby player Frank Murphy when he was in the squad week in & out, a genuinely lovely lad that loved to have the craic, he sat having pints with us for a few hours then said he had to go meet mates, a lovely fella, think he is an IRFU referee now.

Thats all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

bitofabind wrote: »
    i'll add this to the list of things that categorically did not happen. she was barely known in 2009 for one, and for two, as someone who has spent a lot of time in her company...she's acutely self-aware and those words would never come out of her mouth.

Why would I make it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Wilmslow most likely.

Rooney, Savage, Mark Hughes and Given all live in Prestbury or Macclesfield, few in Wilmslow too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’d love to see a thread about mad stuff nobody would believe but actually happened you with or in company of celebrities. I have a good few but as I said. Few would believe it. And I’m not a dick so I’m not posting the photos.

I worked with a girl who swore it was her gaff that Billy Murray came back to for an after party in St Andrew, Scotland.
    She said he just hung out in the kitchen making drinks and cleaning the glasses whilst having a chat with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

At end of day they’re just people who happened to become famous, they were once just regular people and do regular things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭PMC83

Met Robert Sheehan and Chris O Dowd at a bar in LA. Very sound lads altogether. Sheehan was a great laugh and was up for playing some pranks on my boss.

Also met Ludacris in Dublin last week, really nice and down to earth guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

went for dinner with the dandy warhols in a few months back. Regularly go on the beer with Rat Scabies from The Damned and the odd time with Chris, who was Adam Ants bassist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

maccored wrote: »
    went for dinner with the dandy warhols in a few months back.
    I still need to check out Dig! it's been recommended to me so many times

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aslanroars

I use to be a bin man Dublin city council .lifted lots of celebrities homes .Andrea corr nice .van Morrison wanker.neil hannen nice..baz nice .Steve wall sound guy. Eammon dunphy sound .Shane mcgowan quiet .few other celebrities. Use to talk to gaybril Byrne a bit .his kids went to school .beside road i use to sweep .nice guy always said hello .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Some great lists on here (that Danny Dyer story is tremendous), mine is not one of them.

I've met a few though:

- Shane Lowry, Played a couple of holes of golf with him, lovely guy.

- Martin Kaymer (US open and PGA champion) at the Open. He stopped and chatted with a group of us and asked us to get a photo together. Absolute legend, really enthusiastic.

- Matt Kuchar, similar story, very friendly.

- Rosanna Davison, met her in a bar in town one time, quite friendly.

- Ronnie Wood, he was on a night out with his buddies, had a very quick word with him, very approachable.

- Jonathan Rhys Meyers, I was out after work with a workmate one Thursday night. We were both fairly pissed, nightclub downstairs, not exactly packed. We spotted Meyers standing at the bar. My mate insisted on going up to chat to him. He was on his own and quite well-on himself. We chatted for a few minutes but he seemed a bit downbeat. We left but he then tried to re-engage over the course of the rest of the night. It was quite a sad one in my head. It wasn't long after that he had an incident on a plane. I hope he's doing better now because he seemed like a decent guy who was quite fragile and low on confidence.

- Brian O'Driscoll at a meet and greet. Meh, standard stuff, I'd have been the same in his shoes. I worked with a guy who lived near him and he says he's a great laugh, which I'd well believe.

- Shane Byrne, spoke to him in a Burger King, we were both worse for wear, normal guy.

- Michael McGrath of FF, not really a celebrity but he rightfully let me ahead of him in a queue in Spar just as he had stood in front of me. Wouldn't mention it but for the fact that I thought it was a decent thing to do.

- David O'Leary, gave me a few words of encouragement just before the start of the Dublin marathon a few years back.

- Nasty Nick from Big Brother, shortly after he had been kicked off the show. He was a good egg.

- Audley Harrison, shared a lift with him in a hotel in London. He was fighting that night, he seemed very laid back and quite nice to talk to. Unsurprisingly he lost that night.

- Kevin Campbell, formerly of Everton and Arsenal. He was standing with someone he'd just picked up and was looking for directions back to his hotel. He was uhhhhhhh.....in a hurry ha!

- PM of Denmark, not really a celebrity but I was invited to breakfast in the NYSE back in 2011 and he was sitting at the next table. I didn't know who he was at the time, he was visiting as part of a UN meeting going on at the time.

Oddly I've only had one kind of standoffish experience from someone I recognised but didn't know.

- Barnser from Paths to Freedom in Iskanders. He was a total bollocks, which I found oddly satisfying and suitable. I was talking to him about his appearance in the Batman movie.

Actually now that I think of it, I met one of the original judges from the Irish version of You're A Star around the time it was first on tv. Darren Smith is his name, I met him in Coppers. Went up to say hello but he was simply not having it, and was quite sneery and dismissive about being approached.

I've not met him myself but I've heard that Bono is a disappointingly (from my point of view) nice guy. One of my neighbours was drinking in the Clarence hotel, he was entertaining some American clients. All of the Americans were hoping to bump into Bono. My neighbour (lets call him David) pops out of the bar to make a phonecall. He finishes his call and as he looks up who else is there but Bono himself. David goes up to him and politely asks if he'd come over for a photo with his clients. Bono tells him not to worry and to go back to his guests. A couple of minutes later and everyone is back at the table, out walks Bono, big smile on his face and yelps over to the table: "Davy......how the hell are ya?", and he obliges them all with some chat and photos. My neighbour was loving it. He wouldn't be the type to make things up either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭mistersifter

^^ great Bono story! Fair play to him for doing that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Met the Wimbledon football team, 95-96. Vinny Jones, Joe Kinnear, Ekuku. My uncle was a mini sponsor over there then, access to the players lounge.

Also won tickets to a meet and greet with Juliet Lewis a few years ago. She was singing (ha) with a band. A bit of a drip if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

h3000 wrote: »
    I still need to check out Dig! it's been recommended to me so many times

Good documentary but it made me really dislike The Brian Jonestown Massacre as people. Still a great band though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Both my parents met John Hume.

My mom said he seemed really gentle and quiet but just very nice. You could sense his softness and calmness or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I met bono. Very nice guy!
    Terry o quinn(John Locke) from lost was lovely. Probably the nicest celebrity I’ve ever met.
    I’ve met mundy a couple of times. He is nice. I met dermott Morgan. He was quite rude to me but I was very young so I was probably annoying him.
    I have met David o Doherty a couple of times. Lovely chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mey Shane Lowry earlier in devitts in Dublin, shook his hamd said well done, he said cheers.

He was getting mobbed all evening for photos and the like, but was nonstop smiling and sinking pints. Seems like a good skin.

Apparently Marty Morrissey is the biggest celeb at the ploughing:) mobbed I hear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Apparently Marty Morrissey is the biggest celeb at the ploughing:) mobbed I hear

He is the biggest celeb in his own mind anyway.:rolleyes:

Advertisement