Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade or New Build?

Options
  • 09-08-2019 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I built a system a couple of years ago for playing older games and watching video. Thanks to everyone on this forum for your advice at that time.

After some small upgrades the system is:

Mobo : Asus H110-M K
    CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core G4400 3.3 GHZ
    GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7870
    RAM : 2 x 4 GB DDR4
    Case: Thermaltake Versa H23 Midi Mesh Tower
    Storage : 128 GB SSD, 2 1-1.5 Tb HDDs.
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G+
    Optical Drive: LG DVD RW from an old system
    Monitor: HD Projector accessed via AV Receiver.

I have recently started playing more recent games, such as GTA V, and find the gameplay choppy. Therefore I wish to upgrade.

Could anyone recommend a CPU and/or GPU that would fit my current system to make it better able to support newer games? I'd be willing to spend €200 - €400 cumulatively on a solution.

Alternatively should I get a new Mobo and incorporate my current components onto it, with upgraded CPU and GPU? From a quick look on here it seems that AMD Ryzen is very much the current leader in affordable gaming CPUs.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Edit: In addition I've had serious trouble getting bluetooth keyboards to work consistently. Currently have a Microsoft wedge and the connection is constantly laggy or drops. As I use this PC from a sofa a handheld keyboard is desirable. Are there any good wireless solutions or should I get a handheld wired controller instead? (The PC is adjacent to the sofa so the wired solution is not such a handicap)

Comments

Advertisement