Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good 24-70mm lens for Nikon D750

Options
  • 09-08-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hey guys, anybody on here recommend a good 24-70mm lens for full frame Nikon? Will be using it to shoot weddings and gigs. Want to slim down the gear im lugging around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Have the Nikkor on my D750 (and D700 for 10 years before that), fantastic lens, use it 90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Is that the vr or regular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Another +1 for the Nikon 24-70 on the D750. Mine is the non VR (VR only released around 2015 iirc) but the images are excellent. I'm not a wedding photographer, but know a few have moved from the 24-70 to prime lenses. Might be worth investigating if that's the main reason for purchasing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I also have high regard for the same lens. I have the Holy Trinity. The 24/70 f2.8 is the default lens and it has been away a few weeks now as I have worn it out. The dreaded Zoom Stick, so it is having a well deserved service and overhaul.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Update.

My 24/70 f2.8 has died. The Zoom was sticking and eventually jammed. I sent it in for repair and accepted the quote of $900 to repair. They ten got back to me to advise that the damage is worse than expected and it is not economically viable. It seems I have worn it out.

The insurance has covered it and I have just bought a slightly used replacement. I have gone for the newer VR version. Reviews are good. Seems it is very sharp but is heavier and more plastic in construction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement