Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    BS. Trump has done more for the black community than the 6 presidents before him.

Evidenced by...?

No place for violence but police shouldn’t use violent methods to stop them? What kind of mumbo-jumbo claptrap is that Biden's spouting?

Including pushing over a seventy five year old and giving him brain damage? Btw, the Black Lives Matter protests have national support.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/18/politics/protests-polling-support-movement-policies-kaiser-quinnipiac/index.html

So it appears likely it was Joe Biden who initially pushed for the illegal spying on Michael Flynn by maliciously misapplying the Logan Act as his excuse. Perhaps Trump should tweet out he perhaps should recommend to the DOJ that they bring charges against John Kerry who is ACTUALLY in violation of the Logan Act with his continued negotiations with Iran... and then watch the democrats and their media handmaidens heads collectively explode.

‘I don’t like how the thread is going so let me repeat things I said yesterday as if it’s steering the discussion forward’

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

It's not his fault you don't seem to have the capacity to understand clear English.

It does explain your support for Trump however.
    If president, what does he say he'd do to stop the violence and mayhem? Come on Joe... let us know!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If president, what does he say he'd do to stop the violence and mayhem? Come on Joe... let us know!

Again I'll ask, are you expecting this to carry on all the way to January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

From the link I posted for you.
    I know there is enormous fear and uncertainty and anger in the country. I understand.
    And I know so many Americans are suffering. Suffering the loss of a loved one. Suffering economic hardships. Suffering under the weight of generation after generation after generation of hurt inflicted on people of color — and on black and Native communities in particular.

If the US President had stood up in the Rose Garden and said this a few days after Floyd George's death, there would have been much less anger on the streets, hence less violence.

At this point, if Trump himself was reading the thread, he'd tell you to stop posting, all you are doing is further showcasing his ineptitude and the inability of his supporters to find anything positive to say about him.

Again I'll ask, are you expecting this to carry on all the way to January?
    I don't know if it will carry on to January but I do know it will be a rinse and repeat every time the biased media pushes an agenda.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I don't know if it will carry on to January but I do know it will be a rinse and repeat every time the biased media pushes an agenda.

So Trump hasn't got a handle on things and in your mind due to his lack of leadership this could continue for another 6 or 7months.

And you laud this man as the greatest president ever :rolleyes:

Biden will be in serious trouble if he doesn’t leave that bunker and start listening to people in this thread, just look at these polls he’s floundering...

NY-Times-Siena-College-State-Polls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Well, the campaign season seems to be fully under way, and it looks to be shaping up to be a nasty one.
    https://www.barelytherebiden.com/

There’s no denying people are concerned about Biden’s cognitive decline, and it’s clear he’s not ‘quite there’ far too often. Trump should publicly challenge Biden to have them both take a cognitive exam. Don’t the voters deserve to know if those who would rule the country are mentally fit enough to be president? Making such a suggestion would be a win for Trump. He obviously would pass the test with flying colors, and if as expected Joe would refuse to take it, it would suggest he’s got something to hide.

This whole Biden is in cognitive decline is straight out of the Joseph Goebbels Nazi PR playbook: Make the lie simple, repeat it often and people will eventually come to believe it’s true.

• Advertisement

So Trump hasn't got a handle on things and in your mind due to his lack of leadership this could continue for another 6 or 7months.

And you laud this man as the greatest president ever :rolleyes:
    Trump has tried to get democrat mayors and governors clean up the messes they allowed. Yes, he is somewhat lacking in his duty. He should already have put federal marshals (not the military or national guard) into those areas of violence and mayhem the democrats they created and refuse to correct.

Trump has tried to get democrat mayors and governors clean up the messes they allowed. Yes, he is somewhat lacking in his duty. He should already have put federal marshals (not the military or national guard) into those areas of violence and mayhem the democrats they created and refuse to correct.

Exactly, it's his mess not Bidens, why ahould Biden have to give some hypothetical "I would do this" when he isn't even confirmed as candidate yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

KiKi III wrote: »
    This whole Biden is in cognitive decline is straight out of the Joseph Goebbels Nazi PR playbook: Make the lie simple, repeat it often and people will eventually come to believe it’s true.
    I agree entirely.
    But you know what it might work at least for a section of voters....if and it's a big if...Trump didn't look and behave like a shambles...the glass and the ramp being very recent and embarrassing examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Exactly, it's his mess not Bidens, why ahould Biden have to give some hypothetical "I would do this" when he isn't even confirmed as candidate yet?

It's a complete fallacy. It is the strongest proof of Trumps inadequacy that his defenders are focusing on whataboutery in relation to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

They allowed international travel?

It’s not as though Bidens campaign doesn’t realize how well this strategy is going for them, up 14 points nationwide and all.

“That is Joe-mentum! He’s an unstoppable force, as long as he never leaves his basement,” Stephen Colbert said. “You stay down there, Joe! Even if you win, you stay down there. It’s going to take a few months to fumigate the burger farts out of the Oval Office couch.”

“Those numbers are so bad for Trump, today he held up John Bolton’s book to change the subject,” Jimmy Fallon quipped.

“Look, I know he’s been doing campaign events, but I never even know about them and honestly I prefer that,” Seth Meyers said. “I love this strategy. If I had my way, Biden’s campaign slogan would be ‘Elect me president, and you’ll never hear from me again.’”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/late-night-roundup-the-hosts-celebrate-joe-mentum-biden-is-unstoppable-as-long-as-he-stays-in-his-basement/

Igotadose wrote: »
    They allowed international travel?
    Are you trying to say those that were causing violence and mayhem were foreigners who came in on international flights? That's kinda stretch, IMO.

Are you trying to say those that were causing violence and mayhem were foreigners who came in on international flights? That's kinda stretch, IMO.

This whole period of unrest was predicated on Trumps mismanagement of the pandemic. “That 15 will go to zero” “one day it will just disappear”

But then we get over 100k dead Americans, tens of millions unemployed, an economic crash and in addition to that Trumps insistence on encouraging police brutality came home to roost becoming a perfect storm, an ode to Trumps failed presidency. Not to be outdone by himself he doubled down, tear gassed the clergy for a photo op and begged for more violence on the streets. “When the looting starts the shooting starts” etc even recent threats of violence this past week against protestors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

There's no way Biden will win against Trump. He's too far down the path of senility and mental degradation. Trump, on the other hand, is as sharp as a tack. if you watch his Tusla speech, that much is quite clear.

But he's the best shot the Democrats have. If he does manage to get in, he won't last long, due to his deteriorating condition. In that event, they will sneak one of their backup candidates in, one that wouldn't have won in the election, but one they would perhaps prefer to have in the white house. Most likely a hard-left candidate.

Its an utterly desperate strategy to gain power. One that will backfire no doubt. Americans on the fence will look at this and realise 4 more years of Trump will be a safe bet.

Biker79 wrote: »
    There's no way Biden will win against Trump. He's too far down the path of senility and mental degradation. Trump, on the other hand, is as sharp as a tack. if you watch his Tusla speech, that much is quite clear.

But he's the best shot the Democrats have. If he does manage to get in, he won't last long, due to his deteriorating condition. In that event, they will sneak one of their backup candidates in, one that wouldn't have won in the election, but one they would perhaps prefer to have in the white house. Most likely a hard-left candidate.

Its an utterly desperate strategy to gain power. One that will backfire no doubt. Americans on the fence will look at this and realise 4 more years of Trump will be a safe bet.

Goebbels would be proud but nobody here is buying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hard left american politician. LOL. The democrats have consistently rejected Sanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

If Americans haven't "realized" this to date, what makes you think that will change so strongly in the next 100 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Come on, please tell me you lefties are joking :pac::pac::D

It's like they grabbed some dude out of a retirement home, gussied him up with some brylcreem and a suit, pushed him in front of the cameras and said ' say whatever you like man, it doesn't matter ' .

Oh look, another Internet medical expert :rolleyes:

It's like they grabbed some dude out of a retirement home, gussied him up with some brylcreem and a suit, pushed him in front of the cameras and said ' say whatever you like man, it doesn't matter ' .

Sounds like you are describing Trump

One of those candidates is trolling the media, the other is not in control of his marbles.

• Advertisement

One of those candidates is trolling the media, the other is not in control of his marbles.

Have you watched the video I posted? If that was Biden you would be screaming about dementia, so what's your thoughts on Trumps decline, he is having obvious difficulty pronouncing simple words...dementia right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement