Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

notobtuse wrote: »
    God help America if confining Joe Biden to his basement, and allowing no press conferences, works. His handlers only bring him out to read scripted text for the cameras, no tough questions, then they stick him back in his basement bunker to be isolated from everything the country is going through. Joe Biden campaign strategy... JUST SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE IMPORTANT ISSUES AND TAKE NO QUESTIONS!

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

The five stages of grief are:
    denial. - (You are currently here)
    anger.
    bargaining.
    depression.
    acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,703 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

'You make some mistakes. Like, you know, an idiot like Bolton. All he wanted to do was drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.'
    Good orator? He's like a kid trying to do a book report without having read a single page.

That's actually priceless.
    What was lacking was the followup... so I'm there to stop that from happening.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

God help America if confining Joe Biden to his basement, and allowing no press conferences, works. His handlers only bring him out to read scripted text for the cameras, no tough questions, then they stick him back in his basement bunker to be isolated from everything the country is going through. Joe Biden campaign strategy... JUST SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE IMPORTANT ISSUES AND TAKE NO QUESTIONS!

Ah would you stop with this shìte, Trump hid in his bunker while he sent his stormtroopers out to gas peaceful protesters and clergy.

Probably topped up his fake tan in the hours he was hiding

#BUNKERBÌTCH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

The five stages of grief are:
    denial. - (You are currently here)
    anger.
    bargaining.
    depression.
    acceptance.
    Deflect???? Look at the title of the freakin' thread! Seems most of you want to turn this into just another hate on Trump thread in order to deflect from Biden's troubles.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Deflect???? Look at the title of the freakin' thread! Seems most of you want to turn this into just another hate on Trump thread in order to deflect from Biden's troubles.

Thread was started 322 days ago. Conversations evolve.

Right now the only thing to say about Biden is that he is doing very well in allowing his Campaign Manager, Donald Trump win the election for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Biker79 wrote: »
    Complete nonsense. The rally as held with everyone attending signing a COVID waiver.

Face masks are an example of a virtue-signalling red herring, they are no use outside of confined public areas such as public transport and supermarkets.

Social distancing and handwashing are the key protectors which are behavioural in nature and nothing to do with any direct government action, much less the president.

The rally had a waiver for Covid-19. Fantastic. Can you let the WHO know that waivers stop the spread of Covid_19. Call off the pandemic everyone. We dont need a vaccine. A waiver will do.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Saying you can lose is a strategy to get people motivated to register and get out to vote. Democrats are doing it also.

What is likely to change? Trump has not yet begun to fight!

He's the President , he's supposed to be running on his record is he not???

What on earth has he been doing at the 84 campaign rallies he's held since he took office then?

When exactly is he planning to "start" his campaign , he's leaving it a bit late isn't he?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    He's the President , he's supposed to be running on his record is he not???

What on earth has he been doing at the 84 campaign rallies he's held since he took office then?

When exactly is he planning to "start" his campaign , he's leaving it a bit late isn't he?
    Warm ups for the big show... July will be a good month.

When do you think Biden will be allowed out of his basement bunker and finally answer some tough questions?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I said it before...but it's worth repeating:

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Its the term is given to people whose political outlook revolves around the irrational hatred of Donald Trump, provoked almost completely by certain media outlets, whose business relies on stoking up resentment and low-level conflict, for the benefit of their advertising partners. Otherwise known as the attention economy, clickbait..etc. It tends to be experienced by a certain demographic who care more about peer approval and sharing a sort of naive virtue, but can be experienced by any age group.

Here's an article worth reading on the general subject. Note that it's challenging in parts, but if you stay with it until the end, you will be rewarded (unless you actually are a simpleton, in which case...carry on ).

https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2020/01/16/the-internet-of-beefs/

Its the term is given to people whose political outlook revolves around the irrational hatred of Donald Trump, provoked almost completely by certain media outlets, whose business relies on stoking up resentment and low-level conflict, for the benefit of their advertising partners. Otherwise known as the attention economy, clickbait..etc. It tends to be experienced by a certain demographic who care more about peer approval and sharing a sort of naive virtue, but can be experienced by any age group.

Here's an article worth reading on the general subject. Note that it's challenging in parts, but if you stay with it until the end, you will be rewarded (unless you actually are a simpleton, in which case...carry on ).

Bit telling that you haven't responded to those who commented on your "waiver" remark... Which was far from rational.

• Advertisement

Wake up man.

We can see and hear more of what he does, says and thinks than any President in history.

Did the media pull the US out of the Paris Agreement, withdraw from WHO, cancel the Iran Nuclear deal, refer to countries as sh*tholes, advocate for police violence, suggest injecting bleach as a treatment for Covid-19?

No. That was all Trump and him, and you, and the other fans, must own it.

Feel free to take some time and prepare a couple hundred word post on how he has been a good President and why he should get a second term without referring to the media, or Biden and I for one will respond in kind.

When do you think Biden will be allowed out of his basement bunker and finally answer some tough questions?

January 20, 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Its the term is given to people whose political outlook revolves around the irrational hatred of Donald Trump, provoked almost completely by certain media outlets. [/url]

Couldn't care less how the media reports Trump. As it ain't a factor in my dislike from him. Which stems from listening to what comes out of his mouth and his total inability as a president to get anything meaningful done. He's the definition of an empty vessel. Have you tried injecting disinfectant yet?

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Complete nonsense. The rally as held with everyone attending signing a COVID waiver.

Face masks are an example of a virtue-signalling red herring, they are no use outside of confined public areas such as public transport and supermarkets.

Social distancing and handwashing are the key protectors which are behavioural in nature and nothing to do with any direct government action, much less the president.

a waiver does not stop you from getting infected.
    a rally is a confined public area. masks are effective. you dont believe that because you would rather listen to a blowhard like trump than to scientists who know what they are talking about.

January 20, 2021.
    Just like The Donald to invite his rival to his second swearing in as President.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

Thread was started 322 days ago. Conversations evolve.

Right now the only thing to say about Biden is that he is doing very well in allowing his Campaign Manager, Donald Trump win the election for him.

Yeah the thread title hasn't aged particularly well haha. I don't even want to know what it was originally referencing, but I think its fair to say that whatever it was it categorically wasn't the end of democratic front runner (and now presidential front runner) Joe Biden.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Three and a half years and 83 "Warm ups" and we get Tulsa??

Why would you leave your "bunker" when your enemy is walking around stepping on their own land mines? Leave him at it I say.

Or maybe he should only leave his bunker when the tear-gas (sorry - Tear inducing Chemical irritant) clears or is that only the Donald?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Three and a half years and 83 "Warm ups" and we get Tulsa??

Why would you leave your "bunker" when your enemy is walking around stepping on their own land mines? Leave him at it I say.

Or maybe he should only leave his bunker when the tear-gas (sorry - Tear inducing Chemical irritant) clears or is that only the Donald?
    Yeah, I’m hearing Trump fired Brad Parscale and demoted Jared Kushner over that deal. They forgot the golden rule... Under Promise and Over Deliver.

Why leave your bunker? To show you're a leader, perhaps.

Yeah, I’m hearing Trump fired Brad Parscale and demoted Jared Kushner over that deal. They forgot the golden rule... Under Promise and Over Deliver.

"I dont accept responsibility". Great leadership indeed.

• Advertisement

When will Bunker bìtch Trump start?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

KiKi III wrote: »
    If everyone who died due to the coronavirus in the US had ten close family and friends, that’s going to be probably 2 million people by November who’ve directly lost someone they love due to coronavirus.

You think people will care more about the local Wendy’s getting burnt down than their favourite aunt dying unnecessarily?

Most of those 'favourite Aunts' were on the way out anyway.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Most of those 'favourite Aunts' were on the way out anyway.

Average life expectancy in New York dropped by five years, so this is lopping years off life expectancies. Also a pretty cold hearted response.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-city-life-expectancy-decline-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

• Registered Users Posts: 30,703 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Average life expectancy in New York dropped by five years, so this is lopping years off life expectancies. Also a pretty cold hearted response.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-city-life-expectancy-decline-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

Plus, in the context of this thread, if either candidate said that they'd be toast - never mind that they are both over 70...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The entire US life expectancy rate has been dropping since 2013 largely thanks to the ability of big pharma to push out oxy-painkillers into communities as if they were werther's orignals to chew on.

It has only began to recover since 2018, however a global pandemic won't help anyone's figures, anywhere.

On the plus side Roundup has just paid out $10.9bn as pre-settlement for likely cancers.

The entire US life expectancy rate has been dropping since 2013 largely thanks to the ability of big pharma to push out oxy-painkillers into communities as if they were werther's orignals to chew on.

It has only began to recover since 2018, however a global pandemic won't help anyone's figures, anywhere.

On the plus side Roundup has just paid out $10.9bn as pre-settlement for likely cancers.

The drop in life expectancy is directly related to covid so I have no idea why you're diverting. Similar found in Sweden.

The drop in life expectancy is directly related to covid so I have no idea why you're diverting. Similar found in Sweden.

Am talking about since 2013 (Obarma and bigPharma), the US life expectancy for the 'entire nation' (not just NY) was falling, it only began to recover in 2018. That's the 'bigger picture'.

Not sure why your're diverting and looking at the smaller, more temporary picture, which will effect every nation on the planet anyway.

Also other nations have a much worse fatality rate if really want to compare covid only deaths.

Am talking about since 2013 (Obarma and bigPharma), the US life expectancy for the 'entire nation' (not just NY) was falling, it only began to recover in 2018. That's the 'bigger picture'.

Not sure why your're diverting and looking at the smaller, more temporary picture, which will effect every nation on the planet anyway.

Also other nations have a much worse fatality rate if really want to compare covid only deaths.

Firstly, the US has an incredibly poor handle on the virus. Their deaths per million are growing faster than other nations at the moment. Think they're 9th or 8th at the for fatalities per milliion. So they have a poor handle on it. They're facing around 150k deaths by August. Meanwhile federal funding is being cut off for testing.

In terms of it being temporary, we have no real idea when a vaccine will become available. It's also not simply hitting New York, I used it as an example of the hit on life expectancy.

While this is all going on, Trump decides to hold big events... That's atrociously irresponsible leadership. He's illustrated throughout that he can't deal with a major crisis.

Firstly, the US has an incredibly poor handle on the virus. Their deaths per million are growing faster than other nations at the moment. Think they're 9th or 8th at the for fatalities per milliion.
    Firstly, 9/10th is nothing on the scheme of things (along with massive testing undertaken), when much of the middle east won't even give accurate figures. Africa is pure guesswork, China's numbers are still a mystery, Russ also. India/Pak, again both magic hat numbers etc.

If you wanted to look at irresponsibilty, take a gawk across the water to the uk, 1/2m out on the beaches, block parties and raves in many urban centres, cops getting battered left right and centre.. Failed Apps, and Professors/Advisors taking phase 1 very-long-drives. They could well be 2nd worst in the world from available figures.

Sweden is the perfect example too, of how not to do it (sacrifice everything for the economy). Trump is simply aiming now for normalisation. The DJIA will be up over 30k before very long, and this wave will be distant memory.

• Advertisement

Firstly, 9/10th is nothing on the scheme of things (along with massive testing undertaken), when much of the middle east won't even give accurate figures. Africa is pure guesswork, China's numbers are still a mystery, Russ also. India/Pak, again both magic hat numbers etc.

If you wanted to look at irresponsibilty, take a gawk across the water to the uk, 1/2m out on the beaches, block parties and raves in many urban centres, cops getting battered left right and centre.. Failed Apps, and Professors/Advisors taking phase 1 very-long-drives. They could well be 2nd worst in the world from available figures.

Sweden is the perfect example too, of how not to do it (sacrifice everything for the economy). Trump is simply aiming now for normalisation. The DJIA will be up over 30k before very long, and this wave will be distant memory.

the federal government is stopping the funding for testing. Trump doesnt want to do testing because the more you test the more cases you end up with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement