Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I wonder if Biden can hide away all the way through the election?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I wonder if Biden can hide away all the way through the election?

I wonder will he still beat Trump if he does?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

KiKi III wrote: »
    I wonder will he still beat Trump if he does?
    Really sad for our country if he does.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I would say it's much sadder that the president has failed to offer any leadership during a pandemic. Instead he's attempted to be even more divisive than normal. It's pretty understandable that many Americans have reached the end of their tether.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

We can agree to disagree on that point but purely from a campaign operations perspective , the pressure is on Trump not Biden for now.

Trump is the one with ground to make up - Clearly Biden won't get away with saying nothing forever , but the question is - Can Trump actually do something to draw him out?

Calling him "Sleepy Joe" over and over isn't working , nor will any new childish nickname , which is apparently what his current plan is

Time is NOT on Trumps side right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Why do you think the country would benefit from a second Trump Presidency more than it would if Biden was in charge?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    We can agree to disagree on that point but purely from a campaign operations perspective , the pressure is on Trump not Biden for now.

Trump is the one with ground to make up - Clearly Biden won't get away with saying nothing forever , but the question is - Can Trump actually do something to draw him out?

Calling him "Sleepy Joe" over and over isn't working , nor will any new childish nickname , which is apparently what his current plan is

Time is NOT Trumps side right now.

Well his zealots have certainly taken up that mantle
    Advisers are reportedly weighing other attack lines, including trying to paint Biden as corrupt, a puppet for radical leftists or as being in cognitive decline. 

Why do you think the country would benefit from a second Trump Presidency more than it would if Biden was in charge?

free fake tan for all

Time is NOT on Trumps side right now.
    The rioting, looting, mayhem and killing currently gripping our urban cities is one of biggest and most pressing issues we have. Joe Biden isn’t offering any solution if he were president... just some worthless messaging. 17 out of 20 of the most violent cities are run by Democrats (two independents who are merely democrat light, and 1 Republican). Also 19 out of 20 of the most violent cities per capita are run by Democrats (and 1 Independent). Do you think the mainstream media will hit Biden with this appalling realization, or just keep providing him cover? Or does do media and democrats think this is the type of nation we should become merely to get Trump out of office?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And another loss and/or Kick in the teeth for Trumps Evangelical base
    The Supreme Court on Monday ruled that a Louisiana law requiring that individuals who perform abortions at clinics have admitting privileges in a nearby hospital is unconstitutional, as it places an undue burden on women seeking abortions.

The court ruled 5-4 in the case, June Medical Services LLC v. Russo, with Chief Justice John Roberts once again casting a deciding vote by siding with the court's liberal justices.

The opinion, written by Justice Stephen Breyer, noted that the Louisiana law is "almost word-for-word identical" to a Texas law the court ruled was unconstitutional in 2016's Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt. A District Court had rejected the Louisiana law because of that precedent, but a court of appeals ruled otherwise.

"We have examined the extensive record carefully and conclude that it supports the District Court’s findings of fact," Breyer wrote. "Those findings mirror those made in Whole Woman’s Health in every relevant respect and require the same result. We consequently hold that the Louisiana statute is unconstitutional."

For all the work that Trump claims in regards to filling the courts with Conservatives , they haven't gotten a single major decision to fall their way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For 77 (78 on election month), some could say healthy, on the other hand...

'Lot of issues': Former Obama doctor says Biden 'not a healthy guy’
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lot-of-issues-former-obama-doctor-says-biden-is-not-a-healthy-guy

“He’s not in bad shape for his age, but I wouldn't say he’s in outstanding health. Could I guarantee he won't have issues for the next four years? He has a lot of issues that are just sort of sitting there.”

The details from the letter made Scheiner, 81, concerned about Biden’s potential for strokes, and he said he would want to see results from an MRI or CT scan. Because Biden also used to have sleep apnea before getting surgery on his sinus and nasal passages, Scheiner said he would also like to review the results of a sleep study.

The report doesn’t mention an MRI despite the fact that Biden had two brain aneurysms in 1988, the first of which almost killed him. Earlier this year, the Washington Examiner interviewed Biden’s former surgeon, who vouched the 2020 front-runner was in the clear.

But the latest health information doesn’t mention details of any checkups that likely occurred to screen for future issues. The report also included mention of surgeries that hadn’t been previously disclosed, including one for an enlarged prostate. Previously, the public only knew Biden had received treatment for the disorder.

Dr. Kevin O’Connor, who wrote the assessment, also stated that Biden had “received multiple physical therapy treatments and surgeries, for various sports medicine and orthopedic injuries” but declined to specify any further. “I had no idea Biden had such a history. My goodness gracious, he’s got a lot of history,” Scheiner said.

---

My prediction is he won't stand for election come November, instead will move aside for someone else based on health grounds.
    Warren or another female candidate perhaps. This also offers tremendous value for lucky bets.
    Trump's price is available at decent enough 2.75 today (3.4 is ideal).
    Harris/Warren etc to stand (DN) are available 150-200/1.
    Also female would actually give DT a better run for the POTUS.
    Feel free to bookmark #1302, come back in November ye'all.

The rioting, looting, mayhem and killing currently gripping our urban cities is one of biggest and most pressing issues we have. Joe Biden isn’t offering any solution if he were president... just some worthless messaging. 17 out of 20 of the most violent cities are run by Democrats (two independents who are merely democrat light, and 1 Republican). Also 19 out of 20 of the most violent cities per capita are run by Democrats (and 1 Independent). Do you think the mainstream media will hit Biden with this appalling realization, or just keep providing him cover? Or does do media and democrats think this is the type of nation we should become merely to get Trump out of office?

What "cities" of meaningful size are actually run by Republicans?

I'm not convinced that the problems in US urban areas are down to a difference in Policy at the city level , it's a much broader societal issue in the US.

Clearly it's a problem , but trying to claim that there are only problems because of "Democrats" is disengenuous.

Just checked - 13 out of the Top 50 cities by population are run by GOP Mayors and only 3 of the Top 20.

So is it not more likely a factor of size more than political leadership?

What "cities" of meaningful size are actually run by Republicans?

I'm not convinced that the problems in US urban areas are down to a difference in Policy at the city level , it's a much broader societal issue in the US.

Clearly it's a problem , but trying to claim that there are only problems because of "Democrats" is disengenuous.

Just checked - 13 out of the Top 50 cities by population are run by GOP Mayors and only 3 of the Top 20.

So is it not more likely a factor of size more than political leadership?
    Over-taxed, dangerous and rat infested hellholes usually don’t vote Republican. Must be something in the water.

Over-taxed, dangerous and rat infested hellholes usually don’t vote Republican. Must be something in the water.

Or - Cities don't vote Republican more accurately.

Of the ~50M people that live in the Top 50 Cities in the US , only 16% are under GOP control.

The Top 10 cities account for 52% of that Urban population and Republicans have only one Mayor in that group (San Diego) accounting for just 2.8% of that 52%

So again - It's not a "Democrat" problem per se, it's a Big City problem.

Or - Cities don't vote Republican more accurately.

Of the ~50M people that live in the Top 50 Cities in the US , only 16% are under GOP control.

The Top 10 cities account for 52% of that Urban population and Republicans have only one Mayor in that group (San Diego) accounting for just 2.8% of that 52%

So again - It's not a "Democrat" problem per se, it's a Big City problem.
    Incorrect. Take New York City. Under republican mayors of Giuliani and Bloomberg we saw an annual murder rate of about 300. Under democrat de Blasio we’ve seen a of couple years with 2,000 plus murders. And de Blasio is now threatening to cut the police budget by $1 Billion. There’s also recently been a great exodus out of America’s blue cities. Care to a guess why? New York, Los Angeles, Chicago just to name a few. And states... California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Illinois are witnessing the same. The one thing in common you might ask... democrat mayors and democrat governors..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Incorrect. Take New York City. Under republican mayors of Giuliani and Bloomberg we saw an annual murder rate of about 300. Under democrat de Blasio we’ve seen a of couple years with 2,000 plus murders.

Lie.

NYC murders, 2019: 319

Source: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-city.pdf

So, retract.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

For 77 (78 on election month), some could say healthy, on the other hand...

'Lot of issues': Former Obama doctor says Biden 'not a healthy guy’
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lot-of-issues-former-obama-doctor-says-biden-is-not-a-healthy-guy

“He’s not in bad shape for his age, but I wouldn't say he’s in outstanding health. Could I guarantee he won't have issues for the next four years? He has a lot of issues that are just sort of sitting there.”

The details from the letter made Scheiner, 81, concerned about Biden’s potential for strokes, and he said he would want to see results from an MRI or CT scan. Because Biden also used to have sleep apnea before getting surgery on his sinus and nasal passages, Scheiner said he would also like to review the results of a sleep study.

The report doesn’t mention an MRI despite the fact that Biden had two brain aneurysms in 1988, the first of which almost killed him. Earlier this year, the Washington Examiner interviewed Biden’s former surgeon, who vouched the 2020 front-runner was in the clear.

But the latest health information doesn’t mention details of any checkups that likely occurred to screen for future issues. The report also included mention of surgeries that hadn’t been previously disclosed, including one for an enlarged prostate. Previously, the public only knew Biden had received treatment for the disorder.

Dr. Kevin O’Connor, who wrote the assessment, also stated that Biden had “received multiple physical therapy treatments and surgeries, for various sports medicine and orthopedic injuries” but declined to specify any further. “I had no idea Biden had such a history. My goodness gracious, he’s got a lot of history,” Scheiner said.

---

My prediction is he won't stand for election come November, instead will move aside for someone else based on health grounds.
    Warren or another female candidate perhaps. This also offers tremendous value for lucky bets.
    Trump's price is available at decent enough 2.75 today (3.4 is ideal).
    Harris/Warren etc to stand (DN) are available 150-200/1.
    Also female would actually give DT a better run for the POTUS.
    Feel free to bookmark #1302, come back in November ye'all.

super. once trump agrees to do the same i'm sure biden will as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Incorrect. Take New York City. Under republican mayors of Giuliani and Bloomberg we saw an annual murder rate of about 300. Under democrat de Blasio we’ve seen a of couple years with 2,000 plus murders. There’s also recently been a great exodus out of America’s blue cities. Care to a guess why? New York, Los Angeles, Chicago just to name a few. And states... California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Illinois are witnessing the same. The one thing in common you might ask... democrat mayors and democrat governors..

"The number of murders rose in 2019 to 318, the most since 2016, the New York Police Department said in its annual crime statistics report. Robberies, felony assaults and shootings also rose modestly in 2019, while the number of rapes and subway crimes declined."

Where are you getting your figures from?

Igotadose wrote: »

It is amazing that a poster would throw out such an easily disprovable lie.

Oh snap, you got there before me.
    Sad, when you have to fact check everything a poster says.

• Advertisement

"The number of murders rose in 2019 to 318, the most since 2016, the New York Police Department said in its annual crime statistics report. Robberies, felony assaults and shootings also rose modestly in 2019, while the number of rapes and subway crimes declined."

Where are you getting your figures from?

they studied statistics at Trump University

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

His Orange Ghod is dissolving in front of him. His stacked Supreme Court gave gay people more rights and now just overturned yet another bogus abortion restriction law. His world's collapsing, no surprise at the cognitive decline we're seeing.

Plus there's no football or baseball in the US. What's a red-blooded American to do?

His Orange Ghod is dissolving in front of him. His stacked Supreme Court gave gay people more rights and now just overturned yet another bogus abortion restriction law. His world's collapsing, no surprise at the cognitive decline we're seeing.

Plus there's no football or baseball in the US. What's a red-blooded American to do?

just be grateful they are not doing that couple were pictured doing, which is standing in their front garden pointing guns at people passing by

Yet no one is surprised

they studied statistics at Trump University

Who needs facts, when you can just make figures up?

I got the info from Mayor Rudy...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufkin/2020/06/17/giuliani-n2570791

I guess I'll have to look more into it to see what he meant.

your reading comprehension requires work
    "That led to a couple years of 2000 plus murders," Giuliani noted of progressive policies on policing prior to his time as mayor. "I got it down, and [Former Mayor Mike Bloomberg], together, the two of us together got it down to less than 300. We got the city to be safest large city in America." What he's seeing from the current mayor, however, was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Incorrect. Take New York City. Under republican mayors of Giuliani and Bloomberg we saw an annual murder rate of about 300. Under democrat de Blasio we’ve seen a of couple years with 2,000 plus murders. And de Blasio is now threatening to cut the police budget by $1 Billion. There’s also recently been a great exodus out of America’s blue cities. Care to a guess why? New York, Los Angeles, Chicago just to name a few. And states... California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Illinois are witnessing the same. The one thing in common you might ask... democrat mayors and democrat governors..

Governor of Massachusetts is a Republican.

Incorrect. Take New York City. Under republican mayors of Giuliani and Bloomberg we saw an annual murder rate of about 300. Under democrat de Blasio we’ve seen a of couple years with 2,000 plus murders. And de Blasio is now threatening to cut the police budget by $1 Billion.

Absolutely categorically untrue.

The last time the murder rate was above 1000 was 1995 - Under Guiliani.

The last time is was above 2000 was 1991 and de Blasio was the 1st Mayor to get it below 400 in 70 years.

Whilst they have increased a little in 2019 (up to 311 from 289 in 2018), this is the 1st increase in the murder rate in 25 years.

There’s also recently been a great exodus out of America’s blue cities. Care to a guess why? New York, Los Angeles, Chicago just to name a few. And states... California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Illinois are witnessing the same. The one thing in common you might ask... democrat mayors and democrat governors..

Cost of living??

That's usually the reason given by the overwhelming majority of people..

• Advertisement

Wow

Between copying from sites, editing to make it look like your own work (something you still refuse to discuss) and pasting and now posting blatantly false statistics all I can say is I'm embarrassed for you

Again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement