Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

notobtuse wrote: »
    I got the info from Mayor Rudy...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufkin/2020/06/17/giuliani-n2570791

I guess I'll have to look more into it to see what he meant.
    your reading comprehension requires work
    "That led to a couple years of 2000 plus murders," Giuliani noted of progressive policies on policing prior to his time as mayor. "I got it down, and [Former Mayor Mike Bloomberg], together, the two of us together got it down to less than 300. We got the city to be safest large city in America." What he's seeing from the current mayor, however, was a disaster.

And even in that quote Rudi got it wrong (color me shocked!!!)

Bloomberg got the murder rate below 400 in his final year in Office at 332 which was the one and only time he did so.

de Blasio is the only one to get the Murder rate below 300 - twice in 2017 and 2018 with a blip back up to 311 in 2020.

Still below the best ever numbers achieved by either Guiliani or Bloomberg.

And in fact , only once during de Blasio's term has the murder rate been above Bloomberg/Guilianis best ever number - at 335 , a whole THREE above the best that they ever managed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And even in that quote Rudi got it wrong (color me shocked!!!)

Bloomberg got the murder rate below 400 in his final year in Office at 332 which was the one and only time he did so.

de Blasio is the only one to get the Murder rate below 300 - twice in 2017 and 2018 with a blip back up to 311 in 2020.

Still below the best ever numbers achieved by either Guiliani or Bloomberg.

And in fact , only once during de Blasio's term has the murder rate been above Bloomberg/Guilianis best ever number - at 335 , a whole THREE above the best that they ever managed to do.
    Appears I misread the article. But NYC shootings have increased more than 358% in mid-June compared with the same time period last year. So de Blasio’s answer is to cut $1 Billion in funds to the police? And people are moving out of NYC in droves and for a whole host of reasons... none of them good.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/22/new-york-city-shootings-surge-police-department-disband-anti-crime-unit/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Appears I misread the article. But NYC shootings have increased more than 358% in mid-June compared with the same time period last year. So de Blasio’s answer is to cut $1 Billion in funds to the police? And people are moving out of NYC in droves and for a whole host of reasons... none of them good.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/22/new-york-city-shootings-surge-police-department-disband-anti-crime-unit/

What has this to do with Biden?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Blue city, blue state going to hell. What has Biden stated he'll do as president to help with the violence, crime, and mayhem in these blue urban areas... Support it?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nothing, it's just a deflecting tactic.

• Advertisement

Blue city, blue state going to hell. What has Biden stated he'll do as president to help with the violence, crime, and mayhem in these blue urban areas... Support it?

has anyone asked him?

What was Trumps response to Hannity when he was asked about his policies if re-elected?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06/trump-hannity-interview-full-of-unintelligible-rambling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump is president and he’s a republican.
    What is he doing?

Coronavirus is surging in red states at the moment.
    Over 125 thousand people have died, economy in tatters, millions unemployed, trillions added to deficit, all made worse by his actions.

But but but New York.
    Also the state of NY is not going to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tell you what he won't do. He won't beg to send in the National Guard or tell the local elected officials that they look like jerks if they don't get tough and suggest that anyone arrested during a protest should get ten years in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Tell you what he won't do. He won't beg to send in the National Guard or tell the local elected officials that they look like jerks if they don't get tough and suggest that anyone arrested during a protest should get ten years in jail.

I agree that he wouldn’t do those things. But what would he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

jackboy wrote: »
    I agree that he wouldn’t do those things. But what would he do?

The Biden Plan for Ending Gun Violence
    The Biden Plan for Violence Against Women
    The Biden Plan for Criminal Justice Reform

He has policies on the above on his website

• Advertisement

The Biden Plan for Ending Gun Violence
    The Biden Plan for Violence Against Women
    The Biden Plan for Criminal Justice Reform

He has policies on the above on his website

I was more asking what would he do in the face of the recent riots in the US. What would he have done to stop them quicker than trump?

I was more asking what would he do in the face of the recent riots in the US. What would he have done to stop them quicker than trump?

He isn't president so who knows? It wasn't his call to make. He could say tomorrow he would have done XYZ and Trumps zealots would say he was wrong.

He isn't president so who knows? It wasn't his call to make. He could say tomorrow he would have done XYZ and Trumps zealots would say he was wrong.

True, although he did not even throw a couple of constructive ideas out there.

Did anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Why are you holding a candidate to a higher standard than the actual president?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

More than old Trumpy boy did about this

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1277295496105807873?s=20

A patriot like yourself obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I got the info from Mayor Rudy...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufkin/2020/06/17/giuliani-n2570791

I guess I'll have to look more into it to see what he meant.

Retract then.
    You've been caught out in a stating a proven lie . Further, you're intelligent, you'd KNOW, if you actually live near the area like you claim, and if you followed the news in the area in the last few years from legitimate news sources, that 'thousands' of murders weren't hapening.

If there were thousands of shootings per year, there'd be floods of info about it in the news.

So, where's the retraction? You lied.

NYC shootings haven't increased by that percentage, despite what Fcuker Carlson's website might have said. Here's the link I posted when I refuted your first lie. Look at 'shooting incidents' year-over-year for June. Up 86%
    https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-city.pdf

Really, stop lying and forwarding on other lies. You're totally capable of it, you come up with thought-provoking links by going to the original data. You can do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Did anyone?

At least Trump tried as best he could:

You know drink some bleach

Shine a powerful light

At least Trump tried as best he could:

You know drink some bleach

Shine a powerful light

when asked what his policies would be for the next 4 years if he wins he went on a long rant about nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

when asked what his policies would be for the next 4 years if he wins he went on a long rant about nothing.

To be fair his response did clarify that he'd try not to kill people and would work to hire less idiots (in his mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I wonder if Biden can hide away all the way through the election?

A pretty glaring monument to Trumps utter failure as a president that he’s being beaten in a presidential race by a guy who doesn’t seemingly do anything according to you.

Maybe instead of banging on about what Joe isn’t doing as you’ve done, insanely, for weeks, perhaps it’s time you asked how your guy is getting whooped and why he doesn’t change tact?

Overheal wrote: »
    A pretty glaring monument to Trumps utter failure as a president that he’s being beaten in a presidential race by a guy who doesn’t seemingly do anything according to you.

Maybe instead of banging on about what Joe isn’t doing as you’ve done, insanely, for weeks, perhaps it’s time you asked how your guy is getting whooped and why he doesn’t change tact?

I did ask that very question yesterday
    We can agree to disagree on that point but purely from a campaign operations perspective , the pressure is on Trump not Biden for now.

Trump is the one with ground to make up - Clearly Biden won't get away with saying nothing forever , but the question is - Can Trump actually do something to draw him out?

Calling him "Sleepy Joe" over and over isn't working , nor will any new childish nickname , which is apparently what his current plan is

Time is NOT on Trumps side right now.

But we got sidetracked for 3 pages based on flat out lies about New Yorks Murder rate.

As I say above - It's Trumps move and so far his move appears to be "Shout the same thing" but a bit louder.

An an article in The Atlantic says - Trump has become boring.
    Donald Trump has become boring.

For the president, this is the worst possible sin. He can handle infamy and hatred—indeed, he relishes being loathed almost as much as he relishes being loved. Both are, after all, attention. But being ignorable, tedious, and boring is the kiss of death for a politician like Trump. If he has made a central promise to his supporters—and to the public at large—it is to entertain. Now he is violating that commitment.

Everyone has heard the song over and over and over again for the last 4 years. He seems incapable of changing his tune and people are just bored of him now.

He was "edgy" and an "exciting outsider" 4 years ago.. Now he's just a old racist white dude that moved from NY to Florida like so many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Lincoln Project looks like shaping up to be quite an influence in this presidential election. In a way it is genius, a bunch of Repubicans using Republican style attack ads on their own President. The message is stark, its his own party members who are taking out TV ads saying he is not competent enough to be President. That makes for a much stronger message than it would it if were Democrats doing it.

Also some of the videos are getting serious hits because they resonate with people who then share them. Have seen a couple with more than 10 million views a piece. And whoever is behind the scripting and editing is doing a a great job because they are getting right under Trumps skin. Lately they seem to be landing hit after hit and Trump knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I’ve been around a while but I’ve indeed never seen a party splinter and then run attack ads on their own incumbent in an election year - or any year

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That Lincoln Project looks like shaping up to be quite an influence in this presidential election. In a way it is genius, a bunch of Repubicans using Republican style attack ads on their own President. The message is stark, its his own party members who are taking out TV ads saying he is not competent enough to be President. That makes for a much stronger message than it would it if were Democrats doing it.

Also some of the videos are getting serious hits because they resonate with people who then share them. Have seen a couple with more than 10 million views a piece. And whoever is behind the scripting and editing is doing a a great job because they are getting right under Trumps skin. Lately they seem to be landing hit after hit and Trump knows it.
    I’ve been around a while but I’ve indeed never seen a party splinter and then run attack ads on their own incumbent in an election year - or any year

I agree on the impact of the Lincoln Project ads - They are really hitting hard.

I am utterly fascinated though about how the Conway family functions.

I mean you don't have to love your spouses job or anything but I'd have thought you'd have to at least respect they job they do.

You have two peoples who's primary jobs are in direct virulent opposition, I just can't get my head around the dynamics of the relationship.

I agree on the impact of the Lincoln Project ads - They are really hitting hard.

I mean you don't have to love your spouses job or anything but I'd have thought you'd have to at least respect they job they do.

You have two peoples who's primary jobs are in direct virulent opposition, I just can't get my head around the dynamics of the relationship.

I kind of think Kellyanne self-medicates.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah iirc the Tea Party threatened it but never followed through because John McCain picked Sarah Palin as his VP candidate so the Tea Party were brought inside the tent so to speak.

On Kelly Anne and George I wonder about them too. Like its reported they are still married but are they actually living together? Ive googled around and it seems like quite the fractured relationship, George has said she is brainwashed by a cult and she has had a few public verbal barbs against him too.

I wonder whats going on, part of me thinks she is feeding George info from Trumps inner sanctum but from whats written online about them its hard to believe they are still even married. Maybe its all a ruse so she can continue on working in the White House? Because it is bizarre Trump hasnt sidelined her when her husband is behind the Lincoln Project which is now landing solid and consistent blows on Trumps re-election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Yeah, like what’s dinner time like in their house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

KiKi III wrote: »
    Yeah, like what’s dinner time like in their house?

I've said it before, the Conway couple are experts at stagecraft, politics, and spin. It's like wrastling but in Washington, I'd say they're just fine around the dinner table

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement