Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

duploelabs wrote: »
    I've said it before, the Conway couple are experts at stagecraft, politics, and spin. It's like wrastling but in Washington, I'd say they're just fine around the dinner table

That's kind of been my thinking as well , certainly for Kelly-Anne , but I just don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It could well be the case that they are just two of Washingtons biggest grifters and behind closed doors they are laughing and sharing inside information with each other. But they need to project a fractious relationship in public to get away with their grifting of playing both sides.

The Lincoln Project is a PAC after all so I can only imagine there is millions in donations flowing into them as their videos gain more and more traction. George is getting very rich here as well as enjoying his favourite pastime of attacking Trump. Would imagine Kelly Ann is on serious money too, she was pivotal in Trumps election in 2016. They are the ultimate Washington power couple and they are also laughing all the way to the bank with their double act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Surely the mighty Chinese must now be backing old Joe, playing hardball with the Dealmaker can't be much fun when they've shipments of cheap bulk steel to shift, and an ever devaluing currently assisting with their exports.

They're hardballers themselves, even once the Aussies (one of their perfect partners with plenty o' mines) dared to criticise them, they were met with DOS attacks.

Would be tragic comedy though, China supporting BLM, while proving HK and UL (don't) Matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now that Biden has held a press conference what will notobtuse complain about?

Biden hit Trump hard for “dereliction of duty” ignoring the bounties placed on US soldiers

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-live-joe-biden-to-discuss-trumps-coronavirus-response/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Surely the mighty Chinese must now be backing old Joe, playing hardball with the Dealmaker can't be much fun when they've shipments of cheap bulk steel to shift, and an ever devaluing currently assisting with their exports.

They're hardballers themselves, even once the Aussies (one of their perfect partners with plenty o' mines) dared to criticise them, they were met with DOS attacks.

Would be tragic comedy though, China supporting BLM, while proving HK and UL (don't) Matter.

A Chinese diplomat gave a speech in Dublin recently and she said that Beijing likes Trump because he is a deal maker who doesnt care about human rights. They dont like American Presidents getting involved in their internal affairs and Trump suits them fine in that regard.

On the Aussies its not just DDOS attacks the Chinese have carried out, theyve completely hacked their government databases and Scott Morrison was too scared to even pull them up on it. They also got caught in a plot to get a Chinese Australian citizen elected to parliament, he went to the Australian secret services and told them of the Chinese secret services trying to turn him into a Chinese asset and then a few weeks later he was found dead in unexplained circumstances.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50541082

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    Now that Biden has held a press conference what will notobtuse complain about?

Biden hit Trump hard for “dereliction of duty” ignoring the bounties placed on US soldiers

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-live-joe-biden-to-discuss-trumps-coronavirus-response/

Was watching it myself, very concise, very presidential and tore into Trump in a very diplomatic way.

America will be lucky to have him in charge come January, a proper politician who will work hard to undo the damage that fake tan man has caused.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    A Chinese diplomat gave a speech in Dublin recently and she said that Beijing likes Trump because he is a deal maker...
    One diplomat's hearsay isn't the entire Chinese state.

Yes DT is a deal maker, but not for deals that suit his opposition. He's played hardball with Chiin-yaa from the get go, pretty sure they'd prefer more placid* Joe, and less of the protectionism.

Meanwhile, a recent poll shows 40% of Americans surveyed think Joe has *dementia (of some form).

The poll, conducted via telephone and online, surveyed 1,000 likely voters from Thursday to Saturday and has a sampling error margin of +/- 3 percentage points. The voters said that based on what they've "seen and read," 48 percent don't believe he has dementia, while 14 percent said they aren't sure.

Per Rasmussen, 20 percent of Democratic voters believe he has dementia — while 66 percent of Republicans, along with 30 percent of voters that didn't identify with a major party, believed that, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Yes DT is a deal maker, but not for deals that suit his opposition. He's played hardball with Chiin-yaa from the get go, pretty sure they'd prefer more placid* Joe, and less of the protectionism.

Meanwhile, a recent poll shows 40% of Americans surveyed think Joe has *dementia (of some form).

The poll, conducted via telephone and online, surveyed 1,000 likely voters from Thursday to Saturday and has a sampling error margin of +/- 3 percentage points. The voters said that based on what they've "seen and read," 48 percent don't believe he has dementia, while 14 percent said they aren't sure.

Per Rasmussen, 20 percent of Democratic voters believe he has dementia — while 66 percent of Republicans, along with 30 percent of voters that didn't identify with a major party, believed that, too.

So you are telling us most Americans currently would prefer somebody they think is senile running the country than BunkerBoy Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apart from the dementia shock, define how the Donald is a good negotiator with regards of China?

duploelabs wrote: »
    define how the Donald is a good negotiator with regards of China?
    Define how he isn't. China has taken a fiscal hit, thanks to new tariffs.

Taiwan, Mexico (more complementary for the US economy) and Vietnam are benefiting from new US deals and partnerships instead.

Don't foget China is heading for x2 USGDP come 2060, if you do nothing and sit on hands, the yellow man (so to speak, and as predicted a long time ago) really 'will run the world'.

Just seen Joe on CNN, looks really low-energy could barely raise his voice.
    Reckon he'll withdraw around Septermber, the only question is who'll be the replacement. If it's someone with a bit more presence, then it'll actually be a close competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Define how he isn't. China has taken a fiscal hit, thanks to new tariffs.

China took fiscal hit due to Covid. Nothing to do with Trumps disastrous trade wars.. a war that's hurt America and American farmers far more than China.
    Taiwan, Mexico (more complementary for the US economy) and Vietnam are benefiting from new US deals and partnerships instead.

Do you data to to back this up.. not some Republican backed Youtube blog
    Don't foget China is heading for x2 USGDP come 2060, if you do nothing and sit on hands, the yellow man (so to speak, and as predicted a long time ago) really 'will run the world'.

China will become the strongest economy on Earth within the next decade. Nothing anyone can do about that.

They have more people whose wealth increases daily. As a one party system they can do as they please and Chinese are just more motivated than westerners as a whole. There is 1.5 billion people that will do exactly what their government tell them..

Trump pulling the US out of TPP has just quickened China rise to the top.

China already run most of Africa and Middle East and now the entire Pacific will follow.

Just seen Joe on CNN, looks really low-energy could barely raise his voice.
    Reckon he'll withdraw around Septermber, the only question is who'll be the replacement. If it's someone with a bit more presence, then it'll actually be a close competition.

He won't and why would he. He is leading Trump in every poll.

As long as Biden does jack squat Trump will continue digging his own grave. Even before the pandemic response Trump knew he faced a fight with Biden. Thats why he asked Ukraine for dirt knowing full well he would be impeached if caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Oh boy, Joe Biden has ventured from his basement bunker and attended a little campaign event in his state of Delaware. Looked like he forgot Trump’s name when he was asked a question about the concerns over his cognitive decline.

I got a tick out of the part of his answer... “I’ve been tested, I’m constantly tested” “Look, all you’ve got to do is watch me”

Earth to Joe... people have been watching you. That’s why they’re concerned over your cognitive decline.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    Oh boy, Joe Biden has ventured from his basement bunker and attended a little campaign event in his state of Delaware. Looked like he forgot Trump’s name when he was asked a question about the concerns over his cognitive decline.

I got a tick out of the part of his answer... “I’ve been tested, I’m constantly tested” “Look, all you’ve got to do is watch me”

Earth to Joe... people have been watching you. That’s why they’re concerned over your cognitive decline.

you need a new record. that one is broken.

you need a new record. that one is broken.
    What's broken is the DNC candidate.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you need a new slogan. let us know when you trumps team think of one so you can parrot it endlessly.

Serious Biden derangement syndrome. We all feel your hatred but it gives you neither focus nor power, apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Overheal wrote: »
    Serious Biden derangement syndrome. We all feel your hatred but it gives you neither focus nor power, apprentice.

I don't think "concerned" was an accurate verb either, there is no concern from his detractors

rossie1977 wrote: »
    China took fiscal hit due to Covid. Nothing to do with Trumps disastrous trade wars.. a war that's hurt America and American farmers far more than China.
    Nonsense, the West is suffering far more, and for far longer, that China ever did from COVID, hello?

China exports far more to the US, than vice versa. Check yo'self.
    A slap load of tarrifs on any trade in/out will hurt China (the #1 exporters) the most.

US has previously invested heavily in S.Kor, now it's the turn of Mexico, Vietnam and/or anyone else in Asia, instead of China.
    China will become the strongest economy on Earth within the next decade. Nothing anyone can do about that.
    Clearly, doh!.

However there is plenty that can be done about that (ranging from subtle to SHTF solutions). It's 2060 that is the real concern, they'll outclass the US & EU combined then. India won't be far behind in 2nd place also, ahead of US & EU.

Sleepy Joe the globalist however won't play hard ball with them, instead he'll tax US industry with a nightmarish 40%, who in turn will revert to underpriced, currency devalued Chinese tosh.
    Trump pulling the US out of TPP has just quickened China rise to the top.
    Any data to back up this, of did you pull it from some left wing blog?
    China already run most of Africa and Middle East and now the entire Pacific will follow.
    They've invested heavily in certain parts of Africa e.g. Angola, and have some ports on 999yr leases.
    Do they now 'run' 'the entire A&ME' as you claim? Eyerolls & Lols....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Nonsense, the West is suffering far more, and for far longer, that China ever did from COVID, hello?

A slap load of tarrifs on any trade in/out will hurt China (the #1 exporters) the most.

US has previously invested heavily in S.Kor, now it's the turn of Mexico, Vietnam and/or anyone else in Asia, instead of China.

Clearly, doh!.

However there is plenty that can be done about that (ranging from subtle to SHTF solutions). It's 2060 that is the real concern, they'll outclass the US & EU combined then. India won't be far behind in 2nd place also, ahead of US & EU.

Sleepy Joe the globalist however won't play hard ball with them, instead he'll tax US industry with a nightmarish 40%, who in turn will revert to underpriced, currency devalued Chinese tosh.

They've invested heavily in certain parts of Africa e.g. Angola, and have some ports on 999yr leases.

Do we really have to explain again who pays for tariffs???

What does that say about the current incumbent given that he's getting his ass handed to him by (according to you and GOP Party HQ) a senile dementia sufferer hiding in his basement???

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    What does that say about the current incumbent given that he's getting his ass handed to him by (according to you and GOP Party HQ) a senile dementia sufferer hiding in his basement???
    That says to me that the Democrat media handmaidens are doing quite a good job in throwing away journalistic integrity and pushing a person to become POTUS in which cognitive decline means nothing to them because their hatred for Trump trumps all.

That says to me that the Democrat media handmaidens are doing quite a good job in throwing away journalistic integrity and pushing a person to become POTUS in which cognitive decline means nothing to them because their hatred for Trump trumps all.

Delusional.

So it's all the fault of the Media??

Has Trump anything he could improve on to help himself at all in you view?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

How about this- I hate both Clinton's- a pair of charlatans masquerading as moral entities, I think Obama's second term was a total waste of opportunity (even with the upper and lower house dynamics) and Biden is a typical careerist politician with a history of dubious voting patterns. So, not a fan of the Democrats any more than the Republicans- and I STILL think Trump is hands down the worst politician of any developed country that I have witnessed in my 51 years.
    Your constant refrain of "look over there, Biden has dementia" is beyond pathetic. Allied with your refusal to acknowledge that stunts like the assault on the constitution that the Bible-waving shytshow was, makes you look like you simply cannot admit what you know to be true. Trump may reflect "values" that you hold, but he is singularly unsuited to the role of POTUS, and deep down, you probably know this.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So it's all the fault of the Media??

Has Trump anything he could improve on to help himself at all in you view?
    Trump could cure cancer and the democrats and their media handmaidens would come up with some reason to complain about hospitals, doctors and nurses losing their jobs.

Because of mainstream media hatred, Trump still needs a way to bypass media bias and get his message directly to the people. Perhaps remove himself form Twitter's bias and join Parler?

Trump could cure cancer and the democrats and their media handmaidens would come up with some reason to complain about hospitals, doctors and nurses losing their jobs.

Because of mainstream media hatred, Trump still needs a way to bypass media bias and get his message directly to the people. Perhaps remove himself form Twitter's bias and join Parler?
    Parler has 1.5 million users so no real reach. On top of that, all the negative press that Trump gets is of his own creation.

He literally tried to get Russia into the G8 after the fact it turned out Russia had bounties on US soldiers... So either he knew or entirely oblivious to intelligence that he was handed. Neither reflects on him well but it's all part of a well established pattern of incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

It would not be beyond Trump to claim he has already cured cancer and for his idiot base to buy his line.

Not really the question I asked.

He is significantly behind in every single poll , in every place that it matters.

Do you believe that Trump deserves to be re-elected based on his current performance and that it is only because "The media are being mean to him" that he is not ahead in all the polls?

Other than "Getting his unfiltered message out" , do you feel there are any areas in which Trump could do with a bit of improvement to further his support?

What's your thoughts on Trumps (Non) answer to Hannity when asked what his policies will be if he is re-elected?

• Advertisement

Clearly, doh!.

The irony of you asking for data to back up a claim :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement