Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sumup refuse virtual terminal

Options
  • 09-08-2019 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Why would Sumup refuse me a virtual terminal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Could it be the nature of your business ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Could it be the nature of your business ?

They won't disclose information regarding why I was refused but say to reapply in 3 months. I did put in €5k+ for the maximum once off payment so maybe they consider a high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If your transactions will be of a high value, it will be far cheaper to use one of the main providers.

With the likes of payzone charging 0.3% or less for debit cards and less than 0.7% for credit cards and just €20/month machine rental, it will be much cheaper than sum up once you are doing over 10k a year on cards.

Thanks. This is a onve off payment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭paul7g

Take a look at splink - mysplink.com

Disclaimer: I do know someone who works in splink and I know a lot of SumUp customers have switched over to splink.

• Advertisement

Why have they changed

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭paul7g

I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s because they offer far more features, and they are more cost affective.

What is sumups fee here in IRL, I've read it is 2.9% and also 1.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

What is sumups fee here in IRL, I've read it is 2.9% and also 1.9%

2.75%
    https://sumup.ie/payment-processing-pricing/

UK is 1.69%

I use them for a club I'm in. Annual fees, events and other activities. We might take 5k a year in card payments and it ensures timely payments as many simply don't carry cash.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You could use stripe if it's just a one off? Been a while since I set it up but seem to rememebr it being pretty straight forward and the virtual terminal is very easy to use.

Advertisement