Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ's Odobenus rosmarus reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Had a flick through his most popular songs on Spotify... I don't recognise if any of them. Sure this was the point of the 80's category!

Thats it!
    From now on, you and I are No Parlez!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm not a fan of Paul Young, but you have to have heard of his version of "Everytime you go away"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is this the 'I Heart Paul Young' thread? Heard good things about you folks

:P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Choon!

I feel I may have derailed the thread.....bonus points? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Ah he's just a glorified cover artist and I'm not surprised PJ hadn't heard of him before.

(Is this the way to win favour with Party Jungle, Mr Kingsley? :D - "Whistling Don't Dream it's Over, as I leave the room")

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretzill wrote: »
    Ah he's just a glorified cover artist and I'm not surprised PJ hadn't heard of him before.

(Is this the way to win favour with Party Jungle, Mr Kingsley? :D - "Whistling Don't Dream it's Over, as I leave the room")

Hey Now, Hey Now

Dont dream of bribing the judge :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You used to be cool, man!

quickbeam wrote: »
    You used to be cool, man!

I was never cool :( but thanks :)

I must have had Dmitri Shostakovich linked up in youtube which in turn linked to a host of classical music including Erik Satie my mind has been sent into a sort of waking dream state for the last hour - Absolutely gorgeous.

When will the next category be revealed PJ?

• Advertisement

I must have had Dmitri Shostakovich linked up in youtube which in turn linked to a host of classical music including Erik Satie my mind has been sent into a sort of waking dream state for the last hour - Absolutely gorgeous.

When will the next category be revealed PJ?

Sorry been fairly busy. I'll say tomorrow.

Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm0-LKoy4uMk9Oy6v5mvcy1LioZVPC-be

Had to be on youtube as the vast majoirty weren't on spotify

Gerudo Valley Dubstep Remix - Ephixa; Didn't work for me at all. I don't like the main scratchy element. Way prefer the original

17th place and 2 points for
    tusk

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Overworld 1 Theme; Chirpy little tune. Kinda feels like I'm in a waiting room or a lift though.

16th place and 3 points for
    Deleted User

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Overworld 1 Theme; Chirpy little tune. Kinda feels like I'm in a waiting room or a lift though.

Deleted User

love that game/song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Deleted User

If they played that in a crowded lift I don't think everyone would survive to reach the ground floor!

That said, my one year old is dancing to it now :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I've started playing the mario theme tune, and while I feel like it SHOULD be annoying, I actually can't stop listening to it. :o

Final Fantasy X: Suteki da ne; Nice song, a bit too slow if not a bit cheesey.

15th place and 4 points for
    Necro

Jet Set Radio Future - Aisle 10; Funky rock/rap fusion. Didn't really gel with repeated listens

14th place and 5 points for
    Choc Chip

Hans Zimmer - Epilogue "Main Theme" - Crysis 2 Soundtrack; Fairly epic yet bland at the same time. I kept flip flopping on this one. It would work well in a film. But I can't see myself ever wanting to put this on. It's definitely not bad, its just not... I can't quite put my finger on it. I wouldn't want to listen to it on its own.

13th place and 6 points for
    Tritium

• Advertisement

Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go; I've never been a huge fan of Manic Street Preachers. This is a nice song. Familiar. They've better songs out there though.

12th place and 7 points for
    baggly

Rod Stewart - Young Turks; Never fully warmed to Rod Stewart for whatever reason. This is a nice song though. Another from GTA. None of you picked my favourite from that game, Free Bird by Lynrd Skynrd

11th place and 8 points for
    Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What game were the manics and rod Stewart in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ah GTA, sorry.

fixxxer wrote: »
    What game were the manics and rod Stewart in?

Gran Turismo and GTA respectively

The Warriors Theme; I have this film downloaded for ages but have yet to get around to watching it. Nice track that builds.

10th place and 9 points for
    GreeBo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Completely forgot about games like Fallout and GTA when I was thinking of songs for this. Some gems in those games, Fallout 3 in particular had loads of great tunes I liked.

The Warriors Theme; I have this film downloaded for ages but have yet to get around to watching it. Nice track that builds.

10th place and 9 points for
    GreeBo

Possibly my favourite film....go watch it and The Wanderers if you haven't already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Final Fantasy X: Suteki da ne; Nice song, a bit too slow if not a bit cheesey.

15th place and 4 points for
    Necro

I like that :)
    (I'm behind here!)

The video is pretty mental too, guess that's all from the game? (I know nothing about games in the last 20yrs or so!)

• Advertisement

Bryan Adams - Run To You; Classic rock song. Didn't realise it was an 80's tune. Love the chorus.

9th place and 10 points for
    Barney92

Advertisement