Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ's Odobenus rosmarus reveal

Comments

Flimbo's Quest opening theme; I almost said in advance that I grew up on the snes so anything before that is a bit too "chippy" for my liking, I decided to leave out that detail for whatever reason, so this one had a mountain to climb. After repetitive listening though this got through. I slightly prefer the 2nd version. Gives a fuller sound. The "solo" at the end sounds better too. A bonus point to whoever can find me a working version of this game in a web browser.

8th place and 11 points for
    Rikand

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I like that :)
    (I'm behind here!)

The video is pretty mental too, guess that's all from the game? (I know nothing about games in the last 20yrs or so!)

Yeah pretty much all footage from in the game. Was pretty boundary pushing at the time was Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VIII - Liberi Fatali; Fairly epic track. I stopped playing jRPG's at FF7 (snes era was its peak :pac:) They certainly upped the music very soon after.

7th place and 12 points for
    Pretzill

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train; The intro is exactly how I'd imagine an Ozzy Osbourne song to start. Him cackling and an intense guitar riff. Then it completely switches to a upbeat rock track. "To learn how to love and forget how to hate", I wasn't expecting that line from the Prince of Darkness. The bass work in this song is lovely. Really ties it together.

6th place and 13 points for
    MrKingsley

Exile Vilify - The National; Had no idea that The National did a track for portal 2. I've played through the game twice and seen them live three times. Don't know how this passed me by.

5th place and 14 points for
    Electric Nitwit

• Advertisement

Portal - 'Still Alive'; Never actually listened to this song properly. I love both the portal games but the memes that went with it were so cringey so I kinda steered clear from a lot of it once I was done. It's a good song and the lyrics are hilarious.

4th place and 15 points for
    MickJaguar2

Ecto, Fixxer and osh left. I'll post them when I'm back from football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Woohoo! Top 3 finish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Happy with 8th,glad you enjoyed it!

What did you think of my other submission from age of empires ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Exile Vilify - The National; Had no idea that The National did a track for portal 2. I've played through the game twice and seen them live three times. Don't know how this passed me by.

5th place and 14 points for
    Electric Nitwit

Literally the only song I know that was written for a game, and I only know it as a National fan. Luckily it's a great one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Loved those portal games. Not the sort of game you could get repeat plays out of really but they were great first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

After football?!

osh wrote: »
    Loved those portal games. Not the sort of game you could get repeat plays out of really but they were great first time around.

The Co-op in portal 2 was brilliant. Well worth going back to if you didn't try it before. Played it with my wife recently and it was great fun. Unlike Overcooked with just made us hate each other.

fixxxer wrote: »
    The Co-op in portal 2 was brilliant. Well worth going back to if you didn't try it before. Played it with my wife recently and it was great fun. Unlike Overcooked with just made us hate each other.

Oh right. Never played the co op actually, just single player.

Missed this I misclicked the unfollow button it seems

Fun fact ive never played the portal games I just like that song for some reason :D

Fun Fact: I can't remember the song I submitted. Artist yes, song no.

Gotta say I’ve no idea what game most of the above ones were from. Ozzy, Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, manics etc

Ah mostly GTA I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Only getting here now - glad of my place (great piece) and good to see a GTA track. I used to fly around to Young Turk's until I learned to programme the radio with my own tracks.

Looking forward to top three.

While we're waiting.

This was one of my favorite games back in the day. Cracking theme tune too :D

• Advertisement

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Runnin' Down A Dream; Surprised there wasn't more tracks from GTA San Andreas. The guitar riffs in this are unreal. Both the heavy overdriven sound and the acoustic during the chorus.

3rd place and 16 points for
    Ectoplasm

The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword - Zelda's Lullaby; I was quite tired when this came on. I let a nice, big, relaxed sigh. It was like a massage of the senses. I'm familiar with the song but not this version. Loved it straight away. Very, very relaxing.

2nd place and 17 points for
    osh

F-Zero (SNES) Music - Mute City; This sent shivers down my spine and the hairs stand up on my neck. Brought me right back to sitting in the dining room of my parents house going deep in F-Zero. Bouncing off the walls at (what felt like) blistering speeds trying my hardest not to blow up my damn vehicle in the process. I've never been mad about racing games but absolutely love the few F-Zero's I played. This song gets me going straight away. If you can get over chippy sound, you'll love it.

1st place and 18 points for
    fixxxer

Very happy with that one. This was a category that I thought I'd struggle with :)

Thanks for all the submissions. One more category left. I suspect Kingsley is in a good spot to take it down.

Ive a real urge to play some Zelda now

Rikand wrote: »
    Happy with 8th,glad you enjoyed it!

What did you think of my other submission from age of empires ? :)

Reminded me of playing the demo over and over as a child :P I was so bad

Jaysus F-zero that brings me back.

Woooo! F-Zero ftuw!

Struggled here choosing between what were actually good tunes and what were just embedded in happy childhood memories. Genuinely surprised to get a first :) thanks PJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Reminded me of playing the demo over and over as a child :P I was so bad

Would it have done better or worse ? ;)

Advertisement