Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ's Odobenus rosmarus reveal

Options

Comments

Haha, knew this category would be a flop for me. If I was a bit smarter I should've just googled "songs that were in video games" but instead I just went with what I know, i.e. nothing more sophisticated than the NES! :P If it wasn't a tune from a Mario game then it would have been one from MegaMan or from one of the Pokémon games.

Winner is pretty much a foregone conclusion, but the race for second place is very tight. And Necro needs to hope he doesn't score big in this last round to ensure that he hangs on to the coveted wooden spoon! :pac:

Player Song improved by video Song for running/exercise Dance music without lyrics Song from the '80's Song from a video game Total
    MrKingsley 11 18 18 18 13 78
    Ectoplasm 15 11 2 17 16 61
    MicksJaguar 14 17 11 3 15 60
    osh 13 7 15 7 17 59
    fixxxer 18 1 16 6 18 59
    Pretzill 17 2 12.5 10 12 53.5
    Electric Nitwit 9 10 7 9 14 49
    tritium 12 4 12.5 14 6 48.5
    Green&Red 3 16 17 2 8 46
    Strawberry Milkshake 10 8 14 12 1 45
    Choc Chip 7 13.5 2 16 5 43.5
    Baggly 6 13.5 2 15 7 43.5
    Homer J. Fong 8 12 10 8 3 41
    GreeBo 2 15 9 5 9 40
    Barney92 4 9 4 13 10 40
    Rikand 5 3 5 11 11 35
    tusk 16 5 8 1 2 32
    Necro 1 6 6 4 4 21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

So Ecto needs to win this round and Kingsley to come last to force a tie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

osh wrote: »
    So Ecto needs to win this round and Kingsley to come last to force a tie

Yeah...that won't happen :D

Yeah I admit it's unlikely :D

Be interesting to see who can get on the podium though.

I just remembered my last song choice am good chance of a 1 in a final round again why do I do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I just remembered my last song choice am good chance of a 1 in a final round again why do I do it

Guilty pleasure though, yeah?
    If there's not a good chance of coming bottom you're cheating in this round :p

Gonna finish this off tomorrow. Have everything mostly ordered. It was quite an eclectic mix.

Here's the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/29rqA7uNTgyXr5Qlo3nRoK?si=uMuYbYwASEW8ao5fflvRsA

With two not on spotify

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNQh9wtisc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tu-qDHSSZo

Guilty pleasure though, yeah?
    If there's not a good chance of coming bottom you're cheating in this round :p

Yeah, just had a quick look at the list and there's not many people I'd accuse of cheating!

MerryHeartyBlowfish-max-1mb.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sweet Jesus if those two YouTube links are anything to go by this is gonna be interesting

De la Soul are class. Not a guilty pleasure for me at all :)

• Advertisement

And two people happened to pick the same song unexpectedly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Can I stand that barbershop quartet back to back and take one good shot? :D

Pretzill wrote: »
    Can I stand that barbershop quartet back to back and take one good shot? :D

Theres is only 2 of them so you'd have a good chance :D

These songs have reminded for some reason I was a big dan of Eliza Doolittle for about 2 weeks a few years back

I presume this would pass the category test but I loved this song

Anything but Ordinary - Avril Lavigne; Never really warmed to this song. I can see why it would appeal as a comfort for a breakup. I felt Avril had an identity crisis. Started off as a skater-punk type but tried to become Taylor Swift but there was already Taylor Swift. I like some of the fun skater stuff, but anything more serious didn't really work for me.

15th place and 4 points for
    Rikand

Gonna leave the last 3 and the top 3 to build some suspense

De La Soul - A Roller Skating Jam Named Saturdays; Loved the intro. I thought this was gonna be a disco infused song but then it changed. Its not a bad song. I quite like De La Soul's voices but I felt that disappointment every time at the start. Song gets going in the middle, but that scratching sound throughout... yuck! Would be a way better song without it

14th place and 5 points for
    Strawberry milkshake

Gonna leave the last 3 and the top 3 to build some suspense

If I've played this round right I hope I'm a lot closer to the bottom 3 than the top 3!

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart - Mark Ronson; Is this a Dolly Parton cover? Is she trying to sing like her? Had a quick google and its not a cover but I'm not the first person to hear Dolly Parton. Catchy enough tune.

13th/12th place and 6.5 points for
    baggly and tritium

Fun fact: Dolly Parton is actually Miley Cyrus' godmother :D

That is fun

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

"I'm With You" is the only Avril Lavigne song I ever liked. "Complicated" is one of my most hated songs of all time, and her other stuff isn't much better.

Miley Cyrus is a funny one 'cause I actually do really like her voice but her commercial stuff does nothing for me. Now that she's grown up a bit I'm hoping for better things from her in the future. Though I do kinda like that weird album she did with members of the Flaming Lips, Miley Cyrus and her Dead Petz, parts of it are abysmal but there are some gems hidden within it.

Necro wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Definitely fun :p

Sign of the Times - Harry Styles; I'd be guilty of ignoring everything that comes out of boybands so I've never (willfully) heard this song before. I was expecting to recognise it to a degree. Nice chilled ballad.

11th place and 8 points for
    Green&Red

Sympathy of Destruction - Megadeath; This would be my first Megadeath song. I've always been heavily dissuaded by the image these kind of bands put out. Their song and band titles are so unimaginative. The vast majority of their singers can't sing imo. The whole image of a band shirt, long hair and potential smell lol. From doing this category, I've realised I really, really judge a book by its cover. Anyway this isn't a bad song. Nice overdriven guitar throughout. I could see myself banging my head to this.

10th place and 9 points for
    fixxxer

My suggested videos on youtube are a mess after this category :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ still better than having 7 thousand baby shark variations suggested to you!

My Uncle Used to Love (But She Died) - Roger Miller; The way he says "She died" is utterly hilarious. I love it. Certainly got my interest from the start. I've had to look at the lyrics as I assumed it was some kind of comedy song. All I could find was "Miller was raised by his aunt and uncle. He later rewrote the song, changing the nonsensical but suggestive lyrics about an "uncle" to "mama" instead, as included on his 1973 album Dear Folks, Sorry I Haven't Written Lately.". Okay so its just nonsense. Slightly disappointing.

9th place and 10 points for
    GreeBo

I recommend the spotify version over that youtube one since he changes the way he says "died", which was what I loved about this song in the first place.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3PuBhcsxuygIthp7VbDoIf

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

My Uncle Used to Love (But She Died) - Roger Miller; The way he says "She died" is utterly hilarious. I love it. Certainly got my interest from the start. I've had to look at the lyrics as I assumed it was some kind of comedy song. All I could find was "Miller was raised by his aunt and uncle. He later rewrote the song, changing the nonsensical but suggestive lyrics about an "uncle" to "mama" instead, as included on his 1973 album Dear Folks, Sorry I Haven't Written Lately.". Okay so its just nonsense. Slightly disappointing.

9th place and 10 points for
    GreeBo

I recommend the spotify version over that youtube one since he changes the way he says "died", which was what I loved about this song in the first place.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3PuBhcsxuygIthp7VbDoIf

Nonsense?! But he followed it up with the critically acclaimed sequel "You cant rollerskate in a buffalo herd"!! :eek::pac:

• Advertisement

Run the Red Light - British India; I would have definitely listened to this kind of music growing up

8th place and 11 points for
    Choc Chip

Advertisement