Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ's Odobenus rosmarus reveal

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I was mulling over it last night, mainly trying to come up with wacky categories, i might eventually get there with it, just not sure how i feel about ranting others music tastes

I'd say your Walrus would be great MJ. I agree it's not about rating, it's just what you enjoyed most, and it's all very subjective. I think overall it's just great to be introduced to something that you haven't heard before that you will listen to again and again.

Go for it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah cheers for the score updates throughout Homer.

Only way I can do them is by quoting one already made and editing the details

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

osh wrote: »
    Yeah cheers for the score updates throughout Homer.

Only way I can do them is by quoting one already made and editing the details

If you put your stuff into excel then directly paste it into boards and then use the table function you can get a pretty primitive one tbf.

Anything more than that and I'm lost though :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Big congrats to MrKingsley for a very impressive score of 95 out of a max 108. Congrats Ecto for a very strong showing in second place. And congrats Necro for an impressive margin of "victory" in the chase for the wooden spoon. :D

And of course, most importantly, big thanks to partyjungle for hosting. My first time playing Walrus and I really enjoyed it. :)

Hilariously I only actually came last once :cool:

Other songs didn't finish high enough up to make an impact though

giphy.gif

Thanks for doing the table. I've tried doing one on boards once and never again :pac:

No bother at all, it's a welcome distraction from the kind of stuff I normally have to use Excel for. Also I think it was osh who put up the table for the first one, so I just copied their one and ran with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

No bother at all, it's a welcome distraction from the kind of stuff I normally have to use Excel for. Also I think it was osh who put up the table for the first one, so I just copied their one and ran with it!

Hah I also just copied that from Ecto's reveal I think :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Woo! 4th place is best place!

Thanks PJ that was a fun walk through other people's musical hellscapes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Love Yourself - Justin Bieber; I may have name dropped Bieber when mentioning this category. I absolutely love this song and this album in fact. I found it utterly bizarre when I found myself eventually listening to the king of the teeny boppers. Goes to show you shouldn't feel guilty about liking anything. A good song is a good song.

2nd place and 17 points for
    MrKingsley

Quite a low result for you Kingsley, your slipping.

I actually felt weird about this category. Don’t really feel guilty for listening to anything but I just picked this one because it would mean my mates would give me the most sh1t for it. Really like the song though.

Thanks for running it PJ. Great fun and it’s always nice to take home a trophy.

There is a trophy right........

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I actually felt weird about this category. Don’t really feel guilty for listening to anything but I just picked this one because it would mean my mates would give me the most sh1t for it. Really like the song though.

Thanks for running it PJ. Great fun and it’s always nice to take home a trophy.

There is a trophy right........

But of course

489340.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pretzill wrote: »
    I must apologise to Mick Jaguar for saying I'd shoot these two...:o

Like you PJ I can't get the barbershop thing and also I like Billy Joel :D
    On the Barber Shop Quartet i get people dont like it but i love it and have spent many an hour on youtube watching some past America finals on it, its so cringey it actually breaks through past cringe into something i love.

Or to put it another way im not even sorry :D

Shoulda just posted the original. Was class all on its own. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

That was brilliant! Really enjoyed it PJ. Thanks for running it.

The last category had me dancing round my kitchen to lots of tunes last night.... I really don't know what that says about my musical tastes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thanks for running PJ

Grats to the winners, which of course is all of us :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Thanks for running PJ

Grats to the winners, which of course is all of us :)

hFC92DEE9

Advertisement