Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ's Odobenus rosmarus reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Own up....who did the Tetris theme?

I'm surprisingly not last for this current category....considering its not really dance and there are technically words...I'm happy already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

GreeBo wrote: »
    ...not really dance and there are technically words

The disqualifications just haven't been given yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I did a quick listen of the computer game songs by the way. One of them made me laugh out loud and is going to come dead last. I'll leave that thought with you for the evening :pac:

I’ve forgotten all my entries so this could well be me

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’ve forgotten all my entries so this could well be me

I know rightly who it is :D

• Advertisement

Traffic - Tiesto; I didn't realise I knew so many Tiesto songs. If he is trying to create the feeling of stress (or traffic even), he's certainly succeeding.

13th and 6 points to
    Necro

Derezzed - Daft Punk; Felt this was a bit short. Ends abruptly. I do like it. Really reminds me of "Justice - Waters Of Nazareth".

11th and 8 points for
    tusk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Knew I should have gone with He's A Pirate, thought it was too obvious though

Edit: Yep :*(

Bangarang - Skrillex; Dubstep and Skrillex was a watershed moment for me. A whole genre of new music that sounded like just noise. I couldn't for the life of me get into dubstep. That said, this one got through to me. I can hear lyrics in this but we'll let that slide.

10th and 9 points for
    GreeBo

I'm out again for a few hours. Should be back at noon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Choon greebo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah I like that Skrillex track. Worth going deeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

fixxxer wrote: »

I like Skrillex. Would recommend

fixxxer wrote: »

Honestly I was never really able to get into anything more.

This one bit me bigtime, didn't find anything else of his to cling to.

Bangarang - Skrillex; Dubstep and Skrillex was a watershed moment for me. A whole genre of new music that sounded like just noise. I couldn't for the life of me get into dubstep. That said, this one got through to me. I can hear lyrics in this but we'll let that slide.
    In my defense the lyrics are pretty unintelligible! :o

Was out longer than I thought I'd be....

OAR003 - Oni Ayhun; nice song. Grew on me more and more. Reminds me of Little Dragon

9th and 10 points for
    Deleted User

Just dawned upon that I missed 12th

The Private Psychedelic Reel - The Chemical Brothers; Love when the drums kick in a 2 minutes. On whole, I wasn't feeling this song. I never got used to the main hook.

12th and 7 points to
    electric nitwit

Hans Zimmer - Time (Pen Perry Remix); Wasn't sure about this one at first. I love the original so it was tough going. After repeated listening it broke through. Really gets going halfway through with the slow, heavy cello.

8th and 11 points for
    Deleted User

Children - Robert Miles; Who doesn't love this song

7th/6th and 12.5 points for
    Tritium and Pretzill

That would have been my top pick from ur Spotify pl

• Advertisement

Adagio For String - Tiesto; Wouldn't be the biggest Tiesto fan but I do love this track.

5th and 17 points for
    Strawberry milkshake

Shipwrecked - Mike Foyle; Nice intro. Enjoy the piano throughout.

4th and 15 points for
    osh

fixxer, Green&Red and MrKingsley at the last three left

Thought that would win really liked it

Tension!

Excitement!!

Jazz Suite No. 2: VI. Waltz No.2 - Dmitri Shostakovich. I couldn't help but laugh when I first heard this. I certainly didn't stipulate any further when I said dance song. This sounds so familiar. It must be tons of ads and films. What can I say. I like it. It's very grand and relaxing at the same time. Nice to have this in the middle of all the electronic tunes. If this came on in the club, I'm sure I'd first on the dance floor getting my waltz on.

3rd and 16 points for
    fixxxer ya cheeky bollix :pac:

Man With The Red Face - Mark Knight; What a tune. A very long intro. The song really gets going at 3:15 when the main melody kicks in.

2nd and 17 points for
    Green&Red

In White Rooms - Booka Shade; Love this song. I think I was around 18/19 when this album was released. It was when I first got into minimal techno. Myself and a bunch of friends were obsessed. I saw them in what I think was still called Redbox at the time on Harcourt street. My friends got bored of Booka Shade but I never did. It still stands up today for me. I feel like I should be picking a song didn't know in advance but this one is too good.

1st and 18 points for
    MrKingsley

I think that's two Walrus' for MrKingsley

Jazz Suite No. 2: VI. Waltz No.2 - Dmitri Shostakovich. I couldn't help but laugh when I first heard this. I certainly didn't stipulate any further when I said dance song. This sounds so familiar. It must be tons of ads and films. What can I say. I like it. It's very grand and relaxing at the same time. Nice to have this in the middle of all the electronic tunes. If this came on in the club, I'm sure I'd first on the dance floor getting my waltz on.

3rd and 16 points for
    fixxxer ya cheeky bollix :pac:

I can't really take the credit :D

I was complaining that I think dance music is awful and Quickbeam popped up with "The waltz is a dance". I sent an hour listening to different versions!

• Advertisement

I’ll take that second place and run

Advertisement