Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ's Odobenus rosmarus reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

PJ

How would this have done?
    On a phone so can’t post the proper link

https://youtu.be/p450mjB3mxc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Party I think you should tell your girlfriend that you’ve found someone else

Green&Red wrote: »
    PJ

How would this have done?
    On a phone so can’t post the proper link

https://youtu.be/p450mjB3mxc

Very well. Was actually expecting to see it somehow.

The 80's songs are so nice and cheerful after that EDM heavy round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Love the waltz from Shostacovich, I thought it might claim the top spot - Mr Walrus Kingsley did it, well done. Thanks Partyjungle.

• Advertisement

Scoreboard after round 3:

Player Song improved by video Song for running/exercise Dance music without lyrics Total
    Mr Kingsley 11 18 18 47
    MicksJaguar 14 17 11 42
    Green&Red 3 16 17 36
    osh 13 7 15 35
    fixxxer 18 1 16 35
    Strawberry Milkshake 10 8 14 32
    Pretzill 17 2 12.5 31.5
    Homer J. Fong 8 12 10 30
    tusk 16 5 8 29
    tritium 12 4 12.5 28.5
    Ectoplasm 15 11 2 28
    Electric Nitwit 9 10 7 26
    GreeBo 2 15 9 26
    Choc Chip 7 13.5 2 22.5
    Baggly 6 13.5 2 21.5
    Barney92 4 9 4 17
    Rikand 5 3 5 13
    Necro 1 6 6 13

Thanks. I haven't been toting the scores myself and I can't do a table to save my life

Morning

Quite happy with 5th place on that one. Convinced my games song will be a winner too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Are baggy and I the same person? :eek:

I feel like I'm taking forever with this! I will start doing the 80's category slowly throughout the day today

• Advertisement

To Live Is To Die - Metallica; Found myself sighing whenever this started. It's not a bad song. It's a decent enough song in fact but its just too long. It could be two songs. I like some of Metallica's big songs but wouldn't be a die hard fan by any stretch. That drum intro is jarring. Sounds a bit dated. It really needs a bit of bass. Reminds me of the doors early stuff in that regard. It starts building nicely eventually.

18th and one point for tusk

The River - Bruce Springsteen; Really like the story in the intro. But the boss as he's known... whats the craic with him? He's revered as some amazing singer/song writer. I don't get him. His voice doesn't do much for me. I guess its not a bad song. Seems to be constructed very well, checks all the boxes.... but he just makes me feel meh

17th place and 2 points for
    Green&Red

The River - Bruce Springsteen; Really like the story in the intro. But the boss as he's known... whats the craic with him? He's revered as some amazing singer/song writer. I don't get him. His voice doesn't do much for me. I guess its not a bad song. Seems to be constructed very well, checks all the boxes.... but he just makes me feel meh

17th place and 2 points for
    Green&Red

Not a huge fan of The Boss myself but he is very good live. My sister's a big fan, always goes to see the E-Street band when they play here and I've tagged along a couple of times. Well worth going to see even if you're not a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

He's revered as some amazing singer/song writer. I don't get him

I love The River. Lyrically I think its wonderfully evocative and quite heart breaking. Two bits in particular...

Now all them things that seemed so important
    Well Mister they vanished right into the air
    Now I just act like I don't remember
    Mary acts like she don't care

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
    Or is it something worse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Not a huge fan of The Boss myself but he is very good live. My sister's a big fan, always goes to see the E-Street band when they play here and I've tagged along a couple of times. Well worth going to see even if you're not a big fan.

I'm the same - never really understood the appeal, then saw him at Isle of Wight one year and he was spectacular live.

I can imagine he'd be stunning live. Sometimes seeing someone live can change your entire outlook of them. I didn't really get The National until I saw them live. Turns out they aren't that slow and dreary live.

Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns n Roses; Absolutely loved this song. I've listened to it to death though. Great song but it's past its shelf life. I haven't got a huge amount of time for G'n'R these days. I wouldn't mind if they came on the radio, but I wouldn't be putting them on myself.

16th place and 3 points for
    MickJaguar

I love The River. Lyrically I think its wonderfully evocative and quite heart breaking. Two bits in particular...

Now all them things that seemed so important
    Well Mister they vanished right into the air
    Now I just act like I don't remember
    Mary acts like she don't care

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
    Or is it something worse

The River is also my favourite Bruce Springsteen track. I liked some of his early 80's stuff too.

Nothings gonna stop us now - Starship; A song I didn't know I knew. Not a bad song. Generally speaking, I'm not into epic ballad type songs. This feels like that.

15th place and 4 points for
    Necro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think we should all collectively agree never to submit Starship to Walrus again :P

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I think we should all collectively agree never to submit Starship to Walrus again :P

But we can build this thing together

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

But we can build this thing together

Standing strong forever?

Necro wrote: »
    Standing strong forever?

Exactly! We've started submitting it, nothing's going to stop us now

Whereever I lay my hat - Paul Young; I've never heard of Paul Young. A bit cheesey on my first listen. Never fully warmed to it.

14th place and 5 points for
    GreeBo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I've never heard of Paul Young.

I could cry reading that.

Safety Dance - Men Without Hats; It's definitely familiar. I thought this song was a pisstake. Like it was from a children's TV show. What is going on with the name of the song, the lyrics, the band name and the video... In spite of all the madness, its not a bad song. There's a bit of backstory it turns out. A particular dance called the pogo (literally jumping up and down on the spot) was being banned in clubs for being deemed too dangerous. Some hatless men took offence to this. Still feels like a novelty to a degree.

13th place and 6 points for
    fixxer

Whereever I lay my hat - Paul Young; I've never heard of Paul Young. A bit cheesey on my first listen. Never fully warmed to it.

He's the first voice you hear on the original Band Aid single ("It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid...." ) ;)

Also Every Time You Go Away is a grand choon if you're in the mood for some 80's soft rock power ballads.

EDIT: @fixxxer, I came very close to picking Safety Dance for this category (and also for the running song category! :pac: )

Ooh I liked Safety Dance. I thought Paul Young was a bit of an eegit at Live Aid - it was like he was milking his performance. It was the height for him.

• Advertisement

This is the day - The The; I feel like this could have been released by MGMT or Future Islands a few days ago and it would fit right in with today's sound.

12th place and 7 points for
    osh

Advertisement