Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Centre Damaged Car

• 09-08-2019 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, seeking advice on this. I dropped my car in to the dealer's service centre today to have some work done- part recalled under warranty.

When I collected it I spotted a small scuff on the back, which looks like someone tried to hastily cover up with touch up paint. I immediately went in and told them, apparently the manager is away for a few days but the acting manager didn't really deal with this too well, insinuated the damage was already there and that they have procedures for if staff damage a car.

I know for a fact the car was 100% mint when dropped off today and not when I collected. Where do I stand on this? It's very easy for them to just say the damage wasn't caused by them as there is no possible way for me to prove it wasn't there going in.

Has this happened anyone else? I normally wouldn't even bother complaining about this but it's the first time I've ever owned a car this new and in this good a condition. I have it 7 days and the dealer has damaged it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Any cameras in service area?

Outta luck other wise I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

vargoo wrote: »
    Any cameras in service area?

Outta luck other wise I'd imagine.

Supposedly there are tonnes, but it would be quite simple for them to say to me that they don't show anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

baldshin wrote: »
    Supposedly there are tonnes, but it would be quite simple for them to say to me that they don't show anything.

If they put paint on, it's gonna show lots.

You only owning the car 7 days is not good as I wouldn't be surprised either that you just didn't notice it until now, unless its pretty bad...

Go back and ask to see cameras, if they don't, go to solicitor.

vargoo wrote: »
    If they put paint on, it's gonna show lots.

You only owning the car 7 days is not good as I wouldn't be surprised either that you just didn't notice it until now, unless its pretty bad...

Go back and ask to see cameras, if they don't, go to solicitor.

100% it was not there before, this car was completely mint and being a white car, any marks are very easily spotted. Will await their response, thinking I should contact the head office of the brand also. If not satisfied, I am thinking solicitor or small claims court?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Solicitor will cost you more than actual repair. Go to small claim, contact head office and try social media.

• Advertisement

Just a quick update, after contacting the head office, the scratch is being fixed and I'm being provided with a courtesy car. Glad I don't have to fight it any more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

baldshin wrote: »
    Just a quick update, after contacting the head office, the scratch is being fixed and I'm being provided with a courtesy car. Glad I don't have to fight it any more!

Good result. Well done.

Advertisement