Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voice controlled blinds wired to mains.

• 09-08-2019 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Just moved into a new build.
    The electrician has run a wire to the reveals of some windows at my request to facilitate powering roller blinds that I would ideally voice operate.

To my surprise however, I'm failing to find a system that is compatible with my plan.
    All systems of voice operated blinds that I've come across are battery operated, (with a retro fitting in mind.) My knowledge and skills of all things electronic is minimal, but I didn't think this would be a big problem.

As an alternative I can easily get remote control blinds, but ideally I'd be availing of Google home to use these blinds.

Any advice or guidance very gratefully received.

Comments

Any links to the remote control ones?
    I'd like IR ones but can't find anything decent.
    Although Ikea are supposed to be stocking them soon.

Advertisement